The most popular Northern Thai dishes

Thaiger

I'm in Korat and do miss CM and Khao Soi.  

Regarding spiciness... my partner and I found a place in Chiang Mai that certainly had spice.  Unfortunately it wasn't pleasant. 

I ordered one dish and she ordered 2.  However we couldn't taste any difference between any of them due to the amount of spice. 

We both like spice/heat etc but you must have flavour.  Needless to say that we never returned to that establishment. 

Lots of good places in CM to eat and pick the spice level you like.  Here in Korat they do have a good spice level,  not had a bad one yet. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, NonThaiKiwi said:

I'm in Korat and do miss CM and Khao Soi.  

Regarding spiciness... my partner and I found a place in Chiang Mai that certainly had spice.  Unfortunately it wasn't pleasant. 

I ordered one dish and she ordered 2.  However we couldn't taste any difference between any of them due to the amount of spice. 

We both like spice/heat etc but you must have flavour.  Needless to say that we never returned to that establishment. 

Lots of good places in CM to eat and pick the spice level you like.  Here in Korat they do have a good spice level,  not had a bad one yet. 

Too many restaurants add chili, sugar and salt to THEIR taste, not creating the balance which is a mark of genuine Thai cookery.  In the foothills below my home there's some hidden gems, one being Ozark with Creole/Cajun menu plus excellent Thai food prepared in a traditional manner.  Best of both Worlds.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, McTavish said:

Too many restaurants add chili, sugar and salt to THEIR taste, not creating the balance which is a mark of genuine Thai cookery.  In the foothills below my home there's some hidden gems, one being Ozark with Creole/Cajun menu plus excellent Thai food prepared in a traditional manner.  Best of both Worlds.

Kaptainrob has raved about that place 

It looked by the pics

20 hours ago, Marc26 said:

Kaptainrob has raved about that place 

It looked by the pics

There's a few of us in CM who enjoy quality food tho I must admit Kad Luang at Central Airport has some very good offerings tho you gotta search them out among the many duds.

For stewed pork knuckle the tattooed guy on far right directly up the alley from Yamazaki bakery and for multiple choice Thai delicacies - at the very back and adjacent exit/stairs to transport, be early as it's popular especially with bus college students at noon - eggplant with pork mince, cashew chicken, frog legs, tamarind eggs, stirfry vegetables etc.  aloi mak mak!

• Like 1