News Forum - Private Hospital Association says there will be no refunds due to Moderna delay

Thaiger

There will be no refunds for those who pre-paid for the Moderna Covid-19 vaccine, despite delivery of the first batch being delayed by a month. According to a Bangkok Post report, the Private Hospital Association says people who pre-paid can postpone their appointment or transfer it to someone else. Dr Chalerm Hanpanich, PHA president, was responding to frustrated netizens, some of whom are calling for refunds. “My customers of about 1 million people don’t press for refunds. We’ve made it clear that despite this setback the jabs can be transferred or postponed.” The PHA had previously announced that the first […]

The story Private Hospital Association says there will be no refunds due to Moderna delay as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Judging by my experiences of using private hospitals in Thailand, anyone who thought they would get a refund should be institutionalized for their own safety.

I imagine the conversation would go like this;

"I want a refund on the money that I spent!"

"No, but we can offer you 'hospital credit' for your next stay"

"Hospital credit? Next stay?"

"Yes, if you ask for your money back again, we'll release the hounds on you."

• Haha 2

That's fair enough really as it is not as though you paid for something that could not be supplied, it is just delayed, which is beyond their control.

8 minutes ago, Poolie said:

Moderna - the gift that keeps on giving.

They got some positive news yesterday having their boosters approved

spike in stock price was truely a gift 

6 minutes ago, gummy said:

That's fair enough really as it is not as though you paid for something that could not be supplied, it is just delayed, which is beyond their control.

True gummy and how could they refund anyone when their new Mercedes or BMW have already been delivered....😁

• Haha 1

A moths delay is not great but acceptable , lets hope this time next month we aren't getting excuse number two from the list . As usual, hope for the best but expect the worst to avoid disappointment. 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, gummy said:

Very true, @gummy.

The private hospitals are there to make a profit, but in this instance I don't think they can be blamed for anything ... can't say the same for others involved, though 😢

2 hours ago, Thaiger said:

There will be no refunds for those who pre-paid for the Moderna Covid-19 vaccine, despite delivery of the first batch being delayed by a month. According to a Bangkok Post report, the Private Hospital Association says people who pre-paid can postpone their appointment or transfer it to someone else. Dr Chalerm Hanpanich, PHA president, was responding to frustrated netizens, some of whom are calling for refunds. “My customers of about 1 million people don’t press for refunds. We’ve made it clear that despite this setback the jabs can be transferred or postponed.” The PHA had previously announced that the first […]

The story Private Hospital Association says there will be no refunds due to Moderna delay as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

35 minutes ago, gummy said:

I bought into the idea in May when It was first introduced up here in Sakon Nakhon.

My wife called and asked to be put on a list  for the Mvax but they disguise it as registering for membership to the hospital at 4K with no refund.They also mentioned it could arrive Oct-Dec.

I called My Udon Thani Private they said My family could be put on a List.

They wanted a deposit and if it didn’t come Oct-Dec ,I would get a full refund.

They called in August and offered me a Pvax ,part of the donations from the states while telling me it  wasn’t sure when in the 4th Qt the Mvax would come for my family .So I transferred my dose to another family member!

My daughter is currently unemployed and has a opportunity to get a job but she must be vaccinated (sucks on the timing ). If she is accepted she will have to go with Sinopharm and I’ll transfer her dose to another.

So as it stands now I have my wife and second daughter waiting! They will wait it out 😞.They would take a Pvax if given the opportunity.They’re both adamant about not taking the other vax. 
I would inquire about a refund if it doesn’t arrive ,only after the new year ! 
I don’t plan on traveling until much of these restrictions are lifted and my family members are vax! 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, riclag said:

I bought into the idea in May when It was first introduced up here in Sakon Nakhon.

My wife called and asked to be put on a list  for the Mvax but they disguise it as registering for membership to the hospital at 4K with no refund.They also mentioned it could arrive Oct-Dec.

I called My Udon Thani Private they said My family could be put on a List.

They wanted a deposit and if it didn’t come Oct-Dec ,I would get a full refund.

They called in August and offered me a Pvax ,part of the donations from the states while telling me it  wasn’t sure when in the 4th Qt the Mvax would come for my family .So I transferred my dose to another family member!

My daughter is currently unemployed and has a opportunity to get a job but she must be vaccinated (sucks on the timing ). If she is accepted she will have to go with Sinopharm and I’ll transfer her dose to another.

So as it stands now I have my wife and second daughter waiting! They will wait it out 😞.They would take a Pvax if given the opportunity.They’re both adamant about not taking the other vax. 
I would inquire about a refund if it doesn’t arrive ,only after the new year ! 
I don’t plan on traveling until much of these restrictions are lifted and my family members are vax! 

In May I had plans to take the Az shot but this F’n Govt diddled with the timing between shots(12-16 weeks) and the dosage (12 doses per vile to 14). 

Edited by riclag