News Forum - Thai Airways adding 39 international flight routes on October 31

Thaiger

2 minutes ago, JamesE said:

I just looked into the "new routes" SEA - BKK and they're now selling codeshares on Asiana. Stop in ICN with a 17h10m layover or, roughly what the flight on EVA takes in its entirety. C'mon Taiwan, open up.

I usually get a red eye out of LAX after midnight and 3-4 hr layover in TPE where can get a free shower then am fresh and rested for jump to BKK to charm the IO officers at swampy

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JamesE said:

I just looked into the "new routes" SEA - BKK and they're now selling codeshares on Asiana. Stop in ICN with a 17h10m layover or, roughly what the flight on EVA takes in its entirety. C'mon Taiwan, open up.

Does taipei allow for transfers to BKK?....as u mention open up..

1 hour ago, Soidog said:

Yeah yeah. Come on!  I’ll have to try that one next time. Maybe close my eyes and grab em 😂😂

I do weird shit when I am sleeping and especially if I get woken up  😀

I had a rough drinking night before and went to work then hopped on my flight 

I fell asleep before flight took off

I was in the aisle seat 

The hostess had on a white apron and was leaning over me helping the person next to me

She woke me up and I thought the white apron was her giving me a pillow  

So I reached up grab the "pillow"  5555

1 hour ago, PapayaBokBok said:

I always use EVA as Ive had good results on red eyes out of LAX to TPE to BKK....one ways about 500usd

Too bad freaking Taiwan is closed until the end of the year. I hope EVA can survive on cargo alone.

1 hour ago, PapayaBokBok said:

Does taipei allow for transfers to BKK?....as u mention open up..

Didn't see this first. Nope. TPE is closed to transfers until Dec 31 (currently).

30 minutes ago, Marc26 said:

I do weird shit when I am sleeping and especially if I get woken up  😀

I had a rough drinking night before and went to work then hopped on my flight 

I fell asleep before flight took off

I was in the aisle seat 

The hostess had on a white apron and was leaning over me helping the person next to me

She woke me up and I thought the white apron was her giving me a pillow  

So I reached up grab the "pillow"  5555

😂😂😂. A friend of mine did a similar thing on a BA flight from Manchester to Amsterdam. He woke up as the steward was leaning over him asking the person to lift the window shade. He though he was being attacked and grabbed the guy by the throat 😂😂

7 hours ago, Guevara said:

Anyone with any sense will be looking at alternate airlines and give Thai Airways a wide berth. Other international Airlines have suffered immensely but Thai are up to their necks in the murky brown stuff.

Agree wholeheartedly. I won’t be parting with hard earned dosh to TG even if they manage to fully execute their plan to get out of bankruptcy.   Plenty of alternative carriers. 

Up to you if you want to risk it for the convenience of a non stop flight (for those who are in reach of a direct flight). 

2 hours ago, JamesE said:

asiana were still bankrupt a few weeks ago and being run by the Korean government.they were trying to offload the remains of the asiana to korean air who unsurprisingly are not very interested.

thai have been banned from operating passenger aircraft in us administered air space for many years due to failing 2 FAA audits and that's why they have run code shares to the us for years.they were allowed to keep the lax slot but not allowed to operate their own aircraft on the route.

I'd check very carefully before making a booking involving those 2 airlines and US administered airspace.

43 minutes ago, Cathat said:

asiana were still bankrupt a few weeks ago and being run by the Korean government.they were trying to offload the remains of the asiana to korean air who unsurprisingly are not very interested.

thai have been banned from operating passenger aircraft in us administered air space for many years due to failing 2 FAA audits and that's why they have run code shares to the us for years.they were allowed to keep the lax slot but not allowed to operate their own aircraft on the route.

I'd check very carefully before making a booking involving those 2 airlines and US administered airspace.

Yeah, I was looking at Asiana's situation last week and apparently they and Korean are trying to merge. Regulators are concerned as it makes Korea a one-airline country but it looks like it's going ahead.

9 hours ago, Guevara said:

Anyone with any sense will be looking at alternate airlines and give Thai Airways a wide berth. Other international Airlines have suffered immensely but Thai are up to their necks in the murky brown stuff.

I would agree,  I wouldn't say I wont fly thai but it would certinaly be low on my list

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Thommo said:

I would agree,  I wouldn't say I wont fly thai but it would certinaly be low on my list

i love thai airways, great food and service is adequate. You get what you paid for and no complains from me

EVA by to the west coast and NY and Korean Air to the southern states. Never had a bad flight with EVA or Korean Air with never more than a 2 hour layover either in Tapei or Inchon. Even better when 2nd leg direct to Chiang Mai became available from both airlines.

And immediate refund from EVA at start of COVID crisis when I cancelled a Japan trip.

In 2019 EVA business class BKK to London was half the price of the one offered by Thai Air.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Marc26 said:

I grabbed her boobs by accident(thought it was a pillow 5555)

"By accident", indeed! Randy lil' bugger😜. Can't wait to get back, can you?🤣

12 hours ago, Cathat said:

I would like to know if they have paid back all the money they owe to customers for flights they could not use or never occurred before I'd even considered handing over a single baht to this outfit.

Has anybody here had a refund?

I will never use Thai Airways ever again. Both because they are massively over-priced and also because they are not subject to any consumer protection laws - only those for Thailand - which means only for Thais.  Qantas and Singapore Airlines has either refunded all airfares pre-paid, or has given a credit against future flights to the same destinations.  When travel to/from Thailand starts again, those airlines will be getting all of our business going forward - which over the next 20 years will be a lot.  I strongly recommend to anyone not to use Thai Airways if you also feel that any company that has ripped off customers deserves to go bankrupt and that they should not be allowed to just cancel their debts to past paying customers through a Thai Court.  If it was an airline in Australia or Singapore, not only would they would be sued by the corporate customers, but the Govt Agencies protecting consumer rights under 'real' laws, would be taking them to Court and forcing payment or bankruptcy (real bankruptcy including sacking most staff).

• Like 3

Great too see Australia is getting a flight to Sydney, If only I could get to Sydney and then again what about our Quarantine on Arrival back to OZ. This is going to take sometime to sort out I think as Australia slowly opens up. I miss Thailand and am very eager to return! 

14 hours ago, BigO said:

So there are 15 flights to four cities in Japan, but they aren’t allowing Japanese travelers to participate in quarantine-free travel. I know that these flights are for connecting US flights, but the US has 100x the COVID cases that Japan does. Why not allow Japanese travelers, too? It doesn’t make sense.

Agreed. For a nation that did a cracking job with it;s lockdown I'd say more respect is warranted. If not for the Olympics the number of covid cases would have been even less.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Shane said:

Great too see Australia is getting a flight to Sydney, If only I could get to Sydney and then again what about our Quarantine on Arrival back to OZ. This is going to take sometime to sort out I think as Australia slowly opens up. I miss Thailand and am very eager to return! 

Thats why I'm delaying my next visit home. By the way your avatar reminded me a touch of Shane Warne.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, BainaiThai said:

I always use EVA as Ive had good results on red eyes out of LAX to TPE to BKK

My go to carrier for this flight.

You guys ever take the old LAX-BKK direct?

I did it twice

It was awesome 

We used to be able to book economy upper deck with Eva YVR-HKG

It was like flying biz class almost 

That plane is no longer flying 

6 hours ago, Disenfranchised said:

EVA by to the west coast and NY and Korean Air to the southern states. Never had a bad flight with EVA or Korean Air with never more than a 2 hour layover either in Tapei or Inchon. Even better when 2nd leg direct to Chiang Mai became available from both airlines.

And immediate refund from EVA at start of COVID crisis when I cancelled a Japan trip.

In 2019 EVA business class BKK to London was half the price of the one offered by Thai Air.

We are so spoiled in Vancouver 

We have every Asian airline besides Singapore 

My rating :

Catha(my favorite airline ever)

Korean

ANA

Japan Airlines

EVA

China Airlines

13 hours ago, Fluke said:

I arrived in Thailand on a return flight with China air : London -Beijing-CM and back 

Two days  before my return Journey,  China air cancelled the CM-Beijing leg of the flight and left the Beijing-London flight accessible , I was unable to get to Beijing and so missed and lost my flight back to London   . 

Was it Air China as i dont see China Airliines flying from BJ to London when they are based out of Taipei?

1 minute ago, Thommo said:

Was it Air China as i dont see China Airliines flying from BJ to London when they are based out of Taipei?

Must have been , as I stopped over in Beijing on the way over 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Marc26 said:

We are so spoiled in Vancouver 

We have every Asian airline besides Singapore 

And that in itself is a very sad story. No SQ for you.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, JamesE said:

Too bad freaking Taiwan is closed until the end of the year. I hope EVA can survive on cargo alone.

Eva are in good shape,the global freight rates are up about 400 percent.

The parent shipping group is doing very well as is the air cargo arm,they can easily cover the zero revenue from the passenger division.

• Like 1