News Forum - So long, farewell to Thailand’s Certificate of Entry – November 1

Thaiger

Thailand’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs has announced an update to procedures for arrival in the Kingdom, post November 1. The Ministry says that the unpopular Certificate of Entry, currently required for all international visitors, is set to be replaced by a new system they’re calling the Thailand Pass system. It is set to start on November 1… we’ll keep you up to date with this news on tomorrow’s Good Morning Thailand. More updates are expected this afternoon as the CCSA meets to discuss re-opening plans, reduction of paperwork, reduction of curfew in the country’s Dark Red Zones and the removal […]

The story So long, farewell to Thailand’s Certificate of Entry – November 1 as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

Thailand Pass system

With twice as much questions and copies to scan as the CoE😂. Hard to believe it'll get easier.

Edited by DoUKnowWhoIAm
  • Like 6

Thanks for update. I hope Thai Pass should have at least more room to wiggle for changing flight date and port of entry. I dearly hope for easier for multi-entries visa holders. My bro-in-law had to double sandboxes within two months just to reunite his family after sending his college kid.

finger crossed 

• Like 2

So, they get rid of one piece of paper to replace it with another.. yea right.

It must have took a while to copy and paste a new title into the CoE pdf..

Im becoming disillusioned with Thailand entry requirements.

• Like 3
  • Angry 1

Just now, Burapha said:

New one likely more complicated and expensive than the old one.

By tomorrow they'll be calling for the CoE to return 🤣

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bob20 said:

New one likely more complicated and expensive than the old one.

By tomorrow they'll be calling for the CoE to return 🤣

Are got it. There will now be a Thailand Pass system to get into Thailand and the CoE will remain but just be a Certificate of Exit  so you have double the trouble.

17 minutes ago, Burapha said:

Eh ?
You don’t even know what it is yet ? 

Do you ? 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, gummy said:

Are got it. There will now be a Thailand Pass system to get into Thailand and the CoE will remain but just be a Certificate of Exit  so you have double the trouble.

I hear they also have a Certificate of Exemption.

Funnily it's the same paperwork and cost 🤣

There's nothing in this world that can't be made over complicated, if you really put your mind to it. So let's make it simple for you government people in Thailand......

Visa on Arrival

Proof of vaccination

Proof of Negative PCR test (prior to departure)

If not....see ya in a few years maybe. 

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Jason said:

There's nothing in this world that can't be made over complicated, if you really put your mind to it. So let's make it simple for you government people in Thailand......

Visa on Arrival

Proof of vaccination

Agreed. But this mess will stay for the foreseeable future, with flip flops back an forth.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Benroon said:

Eh ?
You don’t even know what it is yet ? 

Do you ? 

Its a pass system so it involves paperwork.. its not visa exemption and on your way as in 2019 but i agree, i have not seen it yet.

And also not forgetting the expensive health and covid 19 insurance to be purchased in order to apply for Special Tourist Visa extension. I have checked with AXA and they have quoted me with a 28K baht yearly premium! 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Jason said:

Visa on Arrival

Proof of vaccination

Make your mind up.

On the other thread you said you were coming in six months. 😀

1 minute ago, Poolie said:

Make your mind up.

On the other thread you said you were coming in six months. 😀

Can't wait for the holiday of his lifetime 😁

• Haha 3

If the "new" Thailand Pass looks, sounds, smells, anything remotely like the COE and draconian restrictions, then it's just another P..S take, and will fail!

Far too many places to go in South East Asia, which are getting rid of the hassle. 

Tourists want a holiday,  not retrain to become admin/secretarial types!🤨

• Like 2

1 minute ago, BIGGLES said:

If the "new" Thailand Pass looks, sounds, smells, anything remotely like the COE and draconian restrictions, then it's just another P..S take, and will fail!

Far too many places to go in South East Asia, which are getting rid of the hassle. 

Tourists want a holiday,  not retrain to become admin/secretarial types!🤨

Go to one of them then. Simple.

Which bastion of free entry and cheap drinks have you chosen?

A few days ago I posted this:

I’m going to stick my neck out and predict the following:

FIrst - CCSA will maybe move it to at least November 15th  

Second - foreigners will still have to stay at an SHA+ hotel. At least until the result of the first Covid test is available 2 or 3 nights. 

Third - Preflight PCR and on arrival still required. 

Fourth - COVID insurance still required. 

Fifith - In order to check the above. COE still required. 

I really should start buying lottery tickets! Seems like 1 is likely or heavily modified list of places. 2,3 and 5 are looking nailed on now. Just need to see what they do about Covid insurance. Any bets anyone? 

• Like 1

After reading all the previous posts about the dropping of the CoE requirement, and introducing 'Thailand Pass'... I'm thinking just the same as everyone else on here... Same s***, just a different colour!

Did I read on one posting that many provinces are only planning to re-open between Nov 1-30..? That leaves many folk not booking till into Dec.  They really are unable to make public statements without the use of 'should, hope, plan, possibly, & expected'.. Leaving us all thinking WTF..??

Well today is Thursday, so give it till after the weekend and some other government official will have stepped up to the social podium and announced some new requirements to offset any previous 'possible' plan to re-open the country... How many more 'statements' to come before Nov 1st..?

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Tanuki said:

After reading all the previous posts about the dropping of the CoE requirement, and introducing 'Thailand Pass'... I'm thinking just the same as everyone else on here... Same s***, just a different colour!

Did I read on one posting that many provinces are only planning to re-open between Nov 1-30..? That leaves many folk not booking till into Dec.  They really are unable to make public statements without the use of 'should, hope, plan, possibly, & expected'.. Leaving us all thinking WTF..??

Well today is Thursday, so give it till after the weekend and some other government official will have stepped up to the social podium and announced some new requirements to offset any previous 'possible' plan to re-open the country... How many more 'statements' to come before Nov 1st..?

Wait until the weekend? 🤣🤣🤣

More like 31 October 23:59 !!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Angry 1