News Forum - Minister of Tourism is sure tourists will flood Thailand November 1

Thaiger

12 hours ago, Bob20 said:

One of the 10 countries mentioned was Germany, but the whole EU still has Thailand on the red-list...

Besides, nothing about opening is sure yet. Only once it's officially announced, people will start the process of paperwork and then they're not here yet.

And whilst the UK removed Thailand from it's red-list, they are looking at introducing new restrictions.

I can already envisage the complaints from tourists having to cut their holiday short or incurring additional unexpected expenses.

I wouldn't be too optimistic about the numbers if it goes ahead. Then it'll likely turn out like Phuket. Far from target and lots of mayhem for little benefit.

Well said!

12 hours ago, Poolie said:

They wont see too many from the UK anyway. Or a lot from America. 

It's the Asian audience they're going for, that's where they'll score.

Do you have any facts to back this up?

I am in the restaurant business so I hope he is right but I somehow I feel he may be reciting a dream he had! I would have thought positive moves towards easing restrictions and costs for prospective incoming tourists would be a more positive post rather than this pie in the sky stuff! Oh maybe that's why Thailand is investing in a space programme, it will be real aliens instead of farangs who are often referred to by Thai authorities as Aliens!!

1 hour ago, hondo said:

fire up the tour busses.  the chinese are coming back!

The high quality chinese tourists with the low budget bus tours he ( tourist minister) is talking?! 🤣🤣😂😅

3 hours ago, Marc26 said:

As I said above

That was my experience the 3x I flew right after they lifted the hotel quarantine 

And I said it could have changed now

When I have flown in the vast majority had to get tested at the airport.

You started your first reply with "that is not correct".

The least you could have done was read what I'd said and checked your information, but you did neither.

What I wrote has been the case since February.

I never said or suggested the tests are done "at home" - they are all self-administered at the airport, free unless you prefer to pay someone to administer the test at the airport (stick a swab up your nose) for you.

For four months prior to that the rapid antigen tests were administered on an increasing trial basis, with random PCR tests as confirmation.

3 hours ago, Marc26 said:

And my point stands that it flowed pretty fast even when they were testing hundreds in a pretty short period of time

Taking a covid test does not take a long time

No your point doesn't "stand", it is WRONG. Completely, 100% WRONG. The tests you are talking about at Vancouver were / are rapid antigen tests. The tests Thailand is to do are PCR tests.

They're two completely different tests, and while PCR tests can be done more quickly than the standard daily turn-around, they CANNOT be done as quickly as rapid antigen tests.

That's why they're called "rapid", FFS.

The point you're making is simply mis-informed and completely wrong.

Just now, Bob20 said:

Minister of Tourism is sure tourists will flood Thailand November 1

Maybe they're all arriving in @gummy's Ark 🤣🤣

They will disappointed as the rain has stopped here now, just as I was about to pick the all female crew members. damn

6 hours ago, yselmike said:

I've used a few times but they clamped down on it about four years ago.Only for proper VIPs or first class passengers and I hope the over 70s.

100% correct, despite what some are insisting here without checking their "facts".

For anyone in doubt, there is NO "VIP" service available to purchase for a small sliding fee. Even though it appears to be available, it is NOT possible to purchase it as an add on and it is only available to VIPs, holders of Elite visas, etc.

Please can we get back on topic, instead of discussing the merits of something off-topic which no longer exists?

Did this Clown read the actual numbers from the AOT that the foreign carriers canceld 79% of their spots for the period from October 2021 til March 2022?! And do he knows the regulation for Chinese carriers til end of 2022?!

https://www.bangkokpost.com/opinion/opinion/2197419/no-choice-but-to-open-the-economy

So where are the booked flights from November til March he is talking about????

• Like 1

9 hours ago, JohninDubin said:

But with 5k a day, they won't all be coming into the same airport and at the same time. 

If say 3 A380'S Fly into Suvanabhume and there full your looking at 1,500 people all turning up at passport control together.

53 minutes ago, vlad said:

If say 3 A380'S Fly into Suvanabhume and there full your looking at 1,500 people all turning up at passport control together.

Unfortunately each A380 will only carry 2 passengers 🤣

• Haha 2

56 minutes ago, vlad said:

Agreed, but that's highly unlikely at present or if ever. There are very few airlines that own A380's and just 5 that fly into BKK. That's unlikely to increase because this model has been discontinued. https://www.alternativeairlines.com/airbus-a380

Personally, I am saddened at it being discontinued. I think it's by far the greatest I've ever flown on.

7 hours ago, Marc26 said:

The email  for "limousine " kicked back so it may be not available anymore, as others have said

To bad, it was a great service 

Oh ok. Perhaps this is simply due to Covid restrictions at the airport. I can’t see why it won’t restart once things return to more normal times? 

25 minutes ago, JohninDubin said:

Agreed, but that's highly unlikely at present or if ever. There are very few airlines that own A380's and just 5 that fly into BKK. That's unlikely to increase because this model has been discontinued. https://www.alternativeairlines.com/airbus-a380

Personally, I am saddened at it being discontinued. I think it's by far the greatest I've ever flown on.

Flew 3 times on A380's bkk - london scared the hell out of me once,  5 attempts to put it on the ground during high winds and the noise when the undercarriage goes up and down is awful.😬

It seems there's no amount of TAT optimism that the CCSA and Government can't pour treacle over in the twinkling of an eye. I'm leaving till March 2022. I can only hope that by then they have their act together.

hummmmmm i do believe peoples prepare some time in advance their travel, so with covid they may have change to decide they  ll go to Thailand in 2 weeks time ..... without being sure of the conditions ....... well ...... i want see that. a tsunami of tourist 1 of November and the following days i guess ......... don t know why i get just a little bit too much doubt on this one ......

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, stuhan said:

Flew 3 times on A380's bkk - london scared the hell out of me once,  5 attempts to put it on the ground during high winds and the noise when the undercarriage goes up and down is awful.😬

But that's not the aircraft's problem and would have most likely been even scarier in a smaller lighter aircraft ✈️

How was your inflight experience though?

1 hour ago, JohninDubin said:

Read last week that BA have resurrected some of theirs,for short haul! 

• Cool 1

13 hours ago, Marc26 said:

On another note, I have done the VIP arrivals for the last few years at BKK

It is awesome, for around 2k-2500 baht you go through the diplomatic lane with a car waiting for you right outside

They meet you as you get off plane

Feel like a superstar  :)

From landing to in car, it usually takes less than 15mins

15 minutes if you don't have to wait for your luggage

1 hour ago, stuhan said:

For all my praise of the plane, I do have to admit, that looking out of the window, I am never convinced that it is going fast enough to take off.

You've post just reminded me of my dearly departed Mum who once flew to Cork from Stansted on Ryanair. Due to turbulence, it was a bumpy flight. After that she never flew Ryanair again. She believed that the reason why their fights were so cheap, was that they chose to fly in bad weather, when nobody else wanted to.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, JohninDubin said:

For all my praise of the plane, I do have to admit, that looking out of the window, I am never convinced that it is going fast enough to take off.

You've post just reminded me of my dearly departed Mum who once flew to Cork from Stansted on Ryanair. Due to turbulence, it was a bumpy flight. After that she never flew Ryanair again. She believed that the reason why their fights were so cheap, was that they chose to fly in bad weather, when nobody else wanted to.

Well, next to the pound slot for the toilet, they could add a slot to pay to fly above the clouds 😉

• Haha 1