Pfizer or Moderna?

TiT

On 10/13/2021 at 8:26 AM, TiT said:

Knowing what you know now, which would you choose if both were readily available in your country and why?

I am not taking any mRNA or viral vector vaccines that command cells to produce proteins. Traditional passive vaccines for me like Sinovac, SinoPharm or similar. Especially after two people I know had serious issues after the mRNA-jabs, one has to go through two heart artery stent operations and one had probably temporary brain clot but survived.

Edited by JackIsAGoodBoy
  • Like 1

Personally for me I have had Pfizer. Once I had decided on having a vaccine, I consulted my Cardiologist. He was happy for me to have either the Pfizer or Moderna but recommended against the Sinovac. I think that was probably partly based on his perceived perception of the efficacy of the Sinovac compared to the other two.

He wasn't particularly concerned about the AstraZeneca too much. Just more worried about it being used in a mix with the Sinovac. 

Luckily, I was offered the Pfizer when given a chance so happy with that.

Whatever you do, hopefully you get the chance to chose. Not only the type but as to whether to have it or not.

• Like 1

Had my first shot of Pfizer last Friday (8th) at Mueang Phetchabun along with hundreds of other foreigners. Some having second shot, my second  is scheduled 29th.

A full day out, but fairly well organised. Only after effects, very sore, stiff arm muscle for 24+hrs. Felt very tired in evening, so an early night...... 

• Like 1