Police seize more than 100 monkeys allegedly trafficked in illegal meat trade

Thaiger

More than 100 wild monkeys caged in plastic carriers were seized off a pickup truck in Prachinburi province. The 25 year old driver was arrested, and allegedly told police that he had been hired by a network that trafficks wild animals to be purchased by restaurants and later eaten. The 102 monkeys were in poor condition, some with wounds and some in critical condition, according to officials from the Department of National Parks, Wildlife and Plant Conservation, who were called to inspect the monkeys. The cages were cramped and had poor ventilation. Many of the monkeys were suffering from exhaustion. […]

The post Police seize more than 100 monkeys allegedly trafficked in illegal meat trade appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

• Angry 1

When I first saw the headline, 'Police seize more than a 100 monkeys', I thought they must have raided Parliament.

• Haha 1

Disgusting human beings and I hope they arrest the people that hired that driver and for all of them to do a long stretch of time within the prison system and if they are not Thai nations then throw them out of the country for good.