News Forum - Covid-19 cases are rising, not falling – CCSA infection numbers called into doubt

Thaiger

1 hour ago, HolyCowCm said:

Yes that was closed the other day there in HH and 800 is just a number as depends on how many visited and came in direct front line contact.. Also up here CM's open biggest market got hit super hard last week and was closed. If info is correct from the wife, hundreds of folk tested positive and then that will also run back to their homes around the province where they grow and harvest. Today we should see the new numbers. The market is is rather huge so this could literally be thousands.

CM as a whole showed only 225 positives yesterday (for Saturday results) and I called that into doubt already, as by early Saturday morning they had 160 positives at the one test site near the market already.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bob20 said:

CM as a whole showed only 225 positives yesterday (for Saturday results) and I called that into doubt already, as by early Saturday morning they had 160 positives at the one test site near the market already.

Yeah I doubled 225 to near 500 and then times by 2 as the numbers are definitely exponential as this will be based also on the suppliers who truck the goods in. They will 100% be carrying the virus back to their villages and little surrounding cities in the province. Have you ever been in and out of all the crevices over at the market? Inside areas where the trucks bring their loads to sell tiny though fares? This market is quite congested intertwined and intricate.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

Yeah I doubled 225 to near 500 and then times by 2 as the numbers are definitely exponential as this will be based also on the suppliers who truck the goods in. They will 100% be carrying the virus back to their villages and little surrounding cities in the province. Have you ever been in and out of all the crevices over at the market? Inside areas where the trucks bring their loads to sell tiny though fares? This market is quite congested intertwined and intricate.

Yes, I know, but whatever they "take home" disappears from the statistics for a while as those remote locations aren't routinely checked.

In fact, this was the first time in many months that this market was checked. It's all done ad-hoc and when they go back to work tomorrow the authorities just assume "problem solved". The test-site has been removed already so there's no follow-up and the problem just lingers on.

I'll keep saying it. Not enough vaccinations yet by far and opening up will end in tears. They lied about how safe Phuket would be, and repeating the same trick in an area that's not an island and where they can't contain it is plain ignorant.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, HolyCowCm said:

Yes that was closed the other day there in HH and 800 is just a number as depends on how many visited and came in direct front line contact.. Also up here CM's open biggest market got hit super hard last week and was closed. If info is correct from the wife, hundreds of folk tested positive and then that will also run back to their homes around the province where they grow and harvest. Today we should see the new numbers. The market is is rather huge so this could literally be thousands.

Wait for the numbers and don't be surprised if its low.

• Like 1

Who would have thought daily case numbers would ge so many comments. I have only one thing to say. The narrative is changing. How many have had first and second dose as a percentage of the total population of each province and in Thailand as a whole. I think that's the figure that really counts now.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jason said:

Who would have thought daily case numbers would ge so many comments. I have only one thing to say. The narrative is changing. How many have had first and second dose as a percentage of the total population of each province and in Thailand as a whole. I think that's the figure that really counts now.

You're going to find high rates of vaccination at BKK and surrounding provinces and Phuket.

The rest of the country much less and mainly with Sinovac, so you shouldn't even count that as it's ineffective against delta.

Altogether low numbers of people who are truly protected, while they are talking it up, creating a false sense if security so they can do what they want.

And when it goes wrong like with Songkran, they're not paying the price with sickness and death!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, vlad said:

Wait for the numbers and don't be surprised if its low.

TAT...... One flight of tourists billions of baht income.

CCSA........ Large outbreaks in Chang Mai 225 cases found.

Can we see a pattern yet....🤣

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Bob20 said:

Yes, I know, but whatever they "take home" disappears from the statistics for a while as those remote locations aren't routinely checked.

In fact, this was the first time in many months that this market was checked. It's all done ad-hoc and when they go back to work tomorrow the authorities just assume "problem solved". The test-site has been removed already so there's no follow-up and the problem just lingers on.

I'll keep saying it. Not enough vaccinations yet by far and opening up will end in tears. They lied about how safe Phuket would be, and repeating the same trick in an area that's not an island and where they can't contain it is plain ignorant.

Yes and they would probably rather say it is from border hoppers sneaking over to put the blame on anything.

• Like 1

You know what's also rising? 

The hate towards these doctors that are appointed to cause panic and do everything they can to prevent the countries from opening up. 

But when it comes to tourists with a shitload of money, which will go to one of those luxury hotels..... Huh? Covid? Don't worry! 

The best protection against Covid is money. Maybe we should make some kind of liquid out of money and inject it in our arms.

16 minutes ago, Griff1315 said:

TAT...... One flight of tourists billions of baht income.

CCSA........ Large outbreaks in Chang Mai 225 cases found.

Can we see a pattern yet....🤣

Well over 500 that was posted on Thai media updates that my wife saw for last week. And you can think that is greatly muffled and they will try to back pedal saying false released numbers.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, DiJoDavO said:

You know what's also rising? 

The hate towards these doctors that are appointed to cause panic and do everything they can to prevent the countries from opening up. 

But when it comes to tourists with a shitload of money, which will go to one of those luxury hotels..... Huh? Covid? Don't worry! 

The best protection against Covid is money. Maybe we should make some kind of liquid out of money and inject it in our arms.

I don't see the "hate"... They've been walking in line as presumably they are well aware of possible consequences.

They have only now started to speak up. And good on them!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Bob20 said:

I don't see the "hate"... They've been walking in line as presumably they are well aware of possible consequences.

For those not aware, many medical boards are threatening doctors with revocation of medical license for opposing the official narrative. Many doctors feel as if they are not allowed to provide the advice or prescribe the treatments they think are best for their patients, many of whom have been their patients for many years.

This is placing doctors in the position of having to choose between violating their most basic oath as a doctor, and having their license revoked, which of course could ruin their career.

• Like 2

Just now, brian60221 said:

For those not aware, many medical boards are threatening doctors with revocation of medical license for opposing the official narrative. Many doctors feel as if they are not allowed to provide the advice or prescribe the treatments they think are best for their patients, many of whom have been their patients for many years.

This is placing doctors in the position of having to choose between violating their most basic oath as a doctor, and having their license revoked, which of course could ruin their career.

Yes, that's exactly what I said.. 

So good on them for speaking out!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Bob20 said:

Hate, dislike, whatever you want to call it. People are tired of these 'expert doctors' who are cumming in their pants when they are thinking of how everyone is locked up in their home. 

People have for a long time stopped walking in line. Idk where you are at the moment, but whenever I'm outside, the only thing I see is face masks (which were a normality already because of PM2.5) , and no one is doing anything other than that. Maybe once in a while some random person is getting some alcohol gel, but that's it. + I talk to lots of people about this and almost always get the same response: open up. 

People also have for a long time spoken up against it. But hey, that was all conspiracy back then. 

Funny thing tho is, now the doctors are calling the numbers into doubt (too low) and it's all perfectly fine and everyone is like: Yeah, the numbers are wrong. While the same people's blood started boiling if you were even about to mention that numbers were a bit odd. 

But hey, numbers are often more exciting than life. 

I’ve said a few times now, that logic dictates things can only get worse. Not just logic, but hard repeatable evidence from across the world. Open up in a largely unvaccinated and socially irresponsible population and the virus will spread. Why would Thailand be any different? 

• Like 1
  • Cool 1

1 minute ago, DiJoDavO said:

Hate, dislike, whatever you want to call it. People are tired of these 'expert doctors' who are cumming in their pants when they are thinking of how everyone is locked up in their home. 

People have for a long time stopped walking in line. Idk where you are at the moment, but whenever I'm outside, the only thing I see is face masks (which were a normality already because of PM2.5) , and no one is doing anything other than that. Maybe once in a while some random person is getting some alcohol gel, but that's it. + I talk to lots of people about this and almost always get the same response: open up. 

People also have for a long time spoken up against it. But hey, that was all conspiracy back then. 

Funny thing tho is, now the doctors are calling the numbers into doubt (too low) and it's all perfectly fine and everyone is like: Yeah, the numbers are wrong. While the same people's blood started boiling if you were even about to mention that numbers were a bit odd. 

But hey, numbers are often more exciting than life. 

I don't know where you are either, but where I am I see less and less facemasks and more and more people from Bangkok taking their seemingly necessary weekend breaks by traveling up north and behaving like morons.

Now, I am not at all against people enjoying themselves. But because people are fed-up with the situation, that doesn't mean is has been resolved.

The ones that had their vaccination early were lucky. They can at least have the patience and solidarity to be mindful until others are safe too!

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, DiJoDavO said:

Funny thing tho is, now the doctors are calling the numbers into doubt (too low) and it's all perfectly fine and everyone is like: Yeah, the numbers are wrong.

What possible motive would doctors have for fabricating this and trying to maintain lockdown? Surely doctors want people to come to hospital for routine treatments and operations. They want people to visit local clinics for blood tests and other routine preventative care. This is nothing more than regional doctors calling it out. While Bangkok is getting back on its feet with high vaccination levels, once again, the rest of Thailand is left to languish and sort its own mess out. In my view, these people are hero’s for saying how it is. If there is nothing to fear then give accurate test numbers and the results. 

The UK has a similar population. It is logging 35,000 cases per day and 125 deaths (average) with a vaccinated population. How can Thailand be reporting 10,000 cases and less than 100 deaths? Utterly ridiculous. More like 60,000 cases and 200-300 deaths. My only surprise is that the U.K. removed Thailand from its red travel list. I’m glad it has from a personal selfish perspective as it eases travel for me. From a health and science based perspective it was wrong to do so. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Soidog said:

What possible motive would doctors have for fabricating this and trying to maintain lockdown? Surely doctors want people to come to hospital for routine treatments and operations. They want people to visit local clinics for blood tests and other routine preventative care. This is nothing more than regional doctors calling it out. While Bangkok is getting back on its feet with high vaccination levels, once again, the rest of Thailand is left to languish and sort its own mess out. In my view, these people are hero’s for saying how it is. If there is nothing to fear then give accurate test numbers and the results. 

The UK has a similar population. It is logging 35,000 cases per day and 125 deaths (average) with a vaccinated population. How can Thailand be reporting 10,000 cases and less than 100 deaths? Utterly ridiculous. More like 60,000 cases and 200-300 deaths. My only surprise is that the U.K. removed Thailand from its red travel list. I’m glad it has from a personal selfish perspective as it eases travel for me. From a health and science based perspective it was wrong to do so. 

I was surprised with the red list removal too.  but in fairness if your vaccinated and travel here then go home you've only been exposed to the same variants as walking around or going to pubs at home..

the main issue we've all been pointing out is the low testing, as UK is around 1 million a day, here they're just not honest about number of tests, then those recorded official test numbers are falling because they are pcr tests.. the antigen testing is getting bigger and not being fully recorded.. as this news feed suggests 50% not recorded..

Edited by Malc-Thai
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Malc-Thai said:

I was surprised with the red list removal too.  but in fairness if your vaccinated and travel here then go home you've only been exposed to the same variants as walking around or going to pubs at home..

the main issue we've all been pointing out is the low testing, as UK is around 1 million a day, here they're just not honest about number of tests, then those test numbers are falling because they are pcr tests.. the antigen testing is getting bigger and not being fully recorded.. as this news feed suggests 50% not recorded..

Yes that’s a fair point about being vaccinated and as you rightly say, no different to the U.K. now it’s fully open. By the end of the year I will have had four vaccinations including a seasonal flu shot. 🤔🤔

• Like 1

Just now, Soidog said:

Yes that’s a fair point about being vaccinated and as you rightly say, no different to the U.K. now it’s fully open. By the end of the year I will have had four vaccinations including a seasonal flu shot. 🤔🤔

Your next tattoo should be a bulls eye 🤣

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Griff1315 said:

CCSA infection numbers called into doubt

Well it hardly breaking news. Certain members on this forum have been saying the same thing for weeks now.

ATK tests not in the numbers 

Lower numbers of PCR testing

Sound all to familiar to me, I could trawl through weeks and weeks  of posts saying the exact same things but you've all read them and can name the members.

Thanks to you all.

It appears that all the numbers are fudged and manipulated worldwide - in varying degrees. 

All the fashion.

14 minutes ago, Bob20 said:

Your next tattoo should be a bulls eye 🤣

Well I was going to make a few remarks about more pricks than a ……. And I thought best not to 😂😂

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Soidog said:

If those doctors said that the number is actually lower, they would 'not know what they were talking about, crazy conspiracy theorists and what not'. In this case everyone would believe the CCSA numbers. 

Now these doctors say it's actually higher, people believe these doctors and not going with the CCSA numbers. 

Plenty of evidence on this. Any doctor who came forward saying the numbers are not right, or there's something fishy going on in the past, was immediately ridiculed, blocked and what not. 

I'm only curious why right now people who were fuming when one didn't believe the numbers, now are totally like: Yeah they messed with the numbers! Good that they have spoken out!  

Are people constantly flip-flopping like this because they don't want to admit they were scared of a paper tiger? If anyone doesn't think so, up to you. It's as scary as you make it for yourself. 

Why there's much being messed with the numbers is just keeping all the restrictions up as long as possible to benefit from it economically. People are probably calling this conspiracy again, but in the same time always pointing at how corrupt certain countries are.