News Forum - November reopening to international tourists predicts 1.5 trillion baht

Thaiger

Bangkok and areas in 4 key provinces are set to reopen on November 1 and the government is predicting that will lead to 1.5 trillion baht in tourism revenue for 2022. The goal is to open without quarantine restrictions for international tourists, barring any unforeseen surge in Covid-19 infections too dire to contain. A government spokesperson said that a total of 10 areas will be reopening to international tourists in November including 4 in Chiang Mai province, 3 in Chon Buri, and one each in Prachuap Khiri Khan and Phetchaburi. “These places will be reopened provided there are no big […]

The post November reopening to international tourists predicts 1.5 trillion baht appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

244281557_10158040311351669_657263101264

Covid's on the rise in CM, especially Muang district, so this may be more wishful thinking :-

“These places will be reopened provided there are no big or serious infection clusters between now and November 1. The other conditions for visitors are that they must be fully jabbed and test negative for Covid-19 before arrival.”

In Chiang Mai, Doi Tao, Mae Rim, Mae Taeng, and Muang are slated to reopen to international tourists

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, cockneyboy said:

where do they get these figures from, they just have to post some rubbish every day, 

Come on every one knows the magic hat of the government

magic_hat.png

Edited by Paco
  • Like 2
  • Haha 5

4 minutes ago, cockneyboy said:

where do they get these figures from, they just have to post some rubbish every day, 

It's called a crystal ball. I just want to borrow it once for the lottery numbers. Alternatively it's wishful thinking or good old fashioned BS.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, KaptainRob said:

https://scontent.fcnx3-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t39.30808-6/244281557_10158040311351669_6572631012642469358_n.jpg?_nc_cat=109&_nc_rgb565=1&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=b9115d&_nc_ohc=wE9y9keAnP4AX9IRUlK&_nc_ht=scontent.fcnx3-1.fna&oh=86f1af4d8b9aa309baa428fe4f5a08fc&oe=61680C95

Covid's on the rise in CM, especially Muang district, so this may be more wishful thinking :-

“These places will be reopened provided there are no big or serious infection clusters between now and November 1. The other conditions for visitors are that they must be fully jabbed and test negative for Covid-19 before arrival.”

In Chiang Mai, Doi Tao, Mae Rim, Mae Taeng, and Muang are slated to reopen to international tourists

CM has certainly got worse on a daily basis. Vaccination figures are poor to say the least. It's either robust action (vaccinating) or forget November 1.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, KaptainRob said:

Yes, since yesterday Muang Mai is closed and doesn't reopen until Tuesday. Interesting as well that early yesterday morning they were at 160 positive results at the test site opposite the Government office at Ping river. But for the whole day they quote only 225. Maybe they used ATK's as they're not in the official figures?

I wouldn't bank on anyone using their brains to consider low vaccination rates and the risk of spreading the virus through movement, let alone the travelers that don't even bother wearing a face mask anymore. They'll just open, move the goalposts and massage the figures. Who cares about the dead. Anything for the Holy Baht.

• Like 4

Just now, Guevara said:

CM has certainly got worse on a daily basis. Vaccination figures are poor to say the least. It's either robust action (vaccinating) or forget November 1.

Governor has petitioned BKK for better continuity of vax supply and doubts we'll ever reach 70% by Nov1.

Meanwhile southerners continue to arrive and the biggest clusters are found in areas such as City (muang) markets, now closed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thus far we have seen that Thailand promises big and never deliverers. Normally they restate the restrictions they are already doing a little differently and call it “opening up the country”. Thus far there is still a seven day quarantine for vaccinated people along with tons of required insurance and other documentation. It is more headache than it’s worth. If I were a tourist I would just go to the Caribbean or Europe as it is far less restricted. Thailand is strangling itself. But I guess everyone already knows this so I just started the obvious.

Edited by Wormwood
  • Like 6

"These places will be reopened provided there are no big or serious infection clusters between now and November 1."

what do they class as a "serious infection cluster" 200 a day, 500 a day, 1000 a day ?

• Like 2

So, you are telling us that "The goal is to open without quarantine restrictions for international tourists, barring any unforeseen surge in Covid-19 infections too dire to contain" Is this an opinion or straight fact? Only "if" there's no quarantine, we don't need COE & Thai apps QR Code tracking device. I can understand the COVID-19 test & insurance which are not an issue for travel. I am sure that wearing mask, socially distancing, avoid the crowd & washing your hands still required. Entertainment & nightlife will be closed for the longer period of time.

• Like 1

Slow news day so just rehash the same old BS quotes from TAT. Nobody believes them including the make believe tourists that are still not coming...

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Griff1315 said:

Slow news day so just rehash the same old BS quotes from TAT. Nobody believes them including the make believe tourists that are still not coming...

Yep you are right about TAT but of course there is a place for them and their stupidity and corruption, they just haven't dug it yet 😂

Again they want to open without restriction but they're not sure...

They don't know that prior to go on holidays we have to notice our holidays and get it approved by our employer which takes time, we just can't say to our employer "that's it tomorrow I'm off to Thailand for 3 weeks"! And we need to organise ourselves to go on Holiday, find someone to take care of the cat, buy holiday package or book flights and hotels, etc.

These idiots have already killed this year's high season IMO, I think it is too late now and these kind of announcements are disastrous for their reputation.

It's too late buddies, tourists have already made other plans by now!

• Like 5

22 minutes ago, Griff1315 said:

This isn't from TAT. It's from a government spokesman. Big difference.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Malc-Thai said:

"These places will be reopened provided there are no big or serious infection clusters between now and November 1."

what do they class as a "serious infection cluster" 200 a day, 500 a day, 1000 a day ?

Based on how they've moved the goalposts for the Phuket Sandbox to continue, I daresay these ones are quite mobile as well....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Tim said:

Again they want to open without restriction but they're not sure...

They don't know that prior to go on holidays we have to notice our holidays and get it approved by our employer which takes time, we just can't say to our employer "that's it tomorrow I'm off to Thailand for 3 weeks"! And we need to organise ourselves to go on Holiday, find someone to take care of the cat, buy holiday package or book flights and hotels, etc.

These idiots have already killed this year's high season IMO, I think it is too late now and these kind of announcements are disastrous for their reputation.

It's too late buddies, tourists have already made other plans by now!

Will no-one think about the cats? 😀

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, ozz1 said:

where do these idiots get these predictions from

Nostradamus, fortune tellers, tarot cards ... take your pick.

It's all very well making a prediction, it's like opening a new business without a business plan.  Things only work out if all the ducks line up in a neat row.

• Like 4

48 minutes ago, DoUKnowWhoIAm said:

They think tourists will do anything to get in to Thailand😂.

I think you over estimate Thailand. I have been here for my entire life. It is a nice place but no better than most other countries. Most of the reasons people come to Thailand are still restricted. Why come if they are still restricted. Just look at the Phuket sandbox. 42,000 tourists since June. That is a sad number for 3 months. And 2B baht is nothing compared to what is needed. The tourists have not shown interest in coming at least not in high enough numbers to really help.

• Like 1

How do they get these figures? Easy.....you take the number of daily cases (in total since the pandemic began), multiply it by the number of days the pandemic has been going, add how much the government has spent on vaccines and hospital treatments and extraordinary expenses, then when you reach that figure by a quotient of 555, you com up with the exact amount of money the Thai Government needs to pay off it's government debt in one go...... and that's how much international tourists need to spend in Thailand....it's ingenious really.... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I am writing from Mumbai(India)

The VFS which processes the Thai visa ( under the directions of the Thai Embassy here has informed me that it will take them over a Month to issue a Tourist visa.

Over and above they want a “CONTINUOUS” Balance of INDIAN RUPESS FIVE HUNDRED THOUSAND “ reflecting in her bank account for PAST SIX MONTHS.  Which amounts to over THB 200,000/- 

I can Guarantee that in No Country in the world ( not even Thailand) Will anyone keep that kind of money in a crappy Checking account.

The Thai Government has been in Perpetual Illusions of the Billions and Trillions of Bhat being spent by Tourist when they have Miserably failed on all Fronts.

• Like 6

29 minutes ago, ozz1 said:

where do these idiots get these predictions from ! thailand needs the world the world wont come until they wake up and ease up on entry 

Thailand thinks the world needs them. They have it backwards you see. Hence the two price system. They bite the hand that feeds them. 

Edited by Wormwood
  • Like 6