News Forum - Bangkok Hospital Pattaya offers free AstraZeneca for expats

Thaiger

Bangkok Hospital Pattaya has announced pre-registration is open for free vaccines for foreigners and expats with injections beginning October 15. The hospital will give 2 doses of AstraZeneca to qualifying applicants at no charge. Registration is open until all slots are filled and can be done online at the following link: https://bit.ly/3a6sLpf The vaccination is offered with no charge or service fee by Bangkok Hospital in Pattaya with a total of 900 vaccines available for the people who register. Vaccines registration is on a first-come, first-served basis, so if you have not yet received a vaccine, sign up immediately. The […]

The post Bangkok Hospital Pattaya offers free AstraZeneca for expats appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

9 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

The hospital will give 2 doses of AstraZeneca to qualifying applicants at no charge.

OK . . . what's the catch? There must be one somewhere, since BKK Hospital isn't known for giving stuff away.

• Like 1
  • Cool 1

9 minutes ago, King Cotton said:

OK . . . what's the catch? There must be one somewhere, since BKK Hospital isn't known for giving stuff away.

They would have got it free, and it's probably just about to date expire, so the government have to get rid of some of it - it's only 900 doses.

Pattaya's also desperate to get it's vaccination rate up so it can justify opening up, and Thais aren't playing ball as they don't want to risk getting shafted with Sinovac so they're waiting for stocks to be used up elsewhere.

• Cool 1

55 minutes ago, King Cotton said:

Just a thought - if they only have 900 doses and those are to be given away between 15 and 29 October, what about the second dose? 😯

• Like 1
  • Cool 1

13 minutes ago, Stonker said:

Just a thought - if they only have 900 doses and those are to be given away between 15 and 29 October, what about the second dose? 😯

See, I said there'd be a catch . . . BKK Hosp never reckoned on any one being clever or distrusting enough to ask about the 2nd dose . . . being such an incidental issue.

Apologies will be issued, along with notice of the charge for jab #2, I distrustingly and sceptically suspect, since the 900 free doses are to be given as first jabs as so clearly scheduled. I wonder how or if this will be sorted.

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, King Cotton said:

See, I said there'd be a catch . . . BKK Hosp never reckoned on any one being clever or distrusting enough to ask about the 2nd dose . . . being such an incidental issue.

Apologies will be issued, along with notice of the charge for jab #2, I distrustingly and sceptically suspect, since the 900 free doses are to be given as first jabs as so clearly scheduled. I wonder how or if this will be sorted.

That was my thought - free first jab, but the second at twice the price!😢

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Stonker said:

Errr., 

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Claymore said:

I hope the same occurs in Udon Thani soon, happy to pay too.

Why didn't you register on the expatvac site ?  Myself and others have received our Pfizer doses already in Udon. Alternatively register at Bangkok hospital Khon Kaen , as of yesterday you can still get Pfizer there within days and yes even if you live in Udon it is still free.

https://it-nurse.bkn.co.th/index_vaccine.php

11 hours ago, Stonker said:

Just go to expatvac and register. I've had 2 shots of Pfizer.  Professional, orderly and free of charge. When travel opens up proper just need an air ticket and one can get a vaccination passport. Bangkok Hospital's freebies may come with a price later on.  

20 minutes ago, mickkotlarski said:

Just go to expatvac and register. I've had 2 shots of Pfizer.  Professional, orderly and free of charge. When travel opens up proper just need an air ticket and one can get a vaccination passport. Bangkok Hospital's freebies may come with a price later on.  

My experince was similar but with AZ here in bkk, I also got my vaccine passport without showing any flight booking (it was not requested).

13 hours ago, King Cotton said:

Don't doubt it, get it before it runs out

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Thommo said:

My experince was similar but with AZ here in bkk, I also got my vaccine passport without showing any flight booking (it was not requested).

Really? Where did you get the vaccine passport done? Very interesting.

2 hours ago, mickkotlarski said:

Just go to expatvac and register. I've had 2 shots of Pfizer. 

Thanks, but I don't need a second set just yet. 😇 

Professional, orderly and free of charge.  

My experience also, apart from the inevitable disorderly and demanding farangs who normally I fortunately never see let alone have to meet.

First the queue jumpers (British and American), who pushed their way forward even though everyone, including them, had been given a queue number on arrival so everyone was vaccinated in the right order even if the queue jumpers got weighed and had their BP checked first.

Then the Dutchman who insisted the staff put down his new passport number as he'd brought his old passport by mistake, even though they told him they couldn't do so without seeing the passport, and that the old number could be updated later.

Then the Swiss who complained that he couldn't enter his details in the app even though he'd entered his Thai wife's ID number as that was "better" than the 13-digit number they'd given him.

Mong of the morning award, though, had to go to the English language teacher (Australian) who re-translated the doctor's briefing in English even though the doctor had just given the briefing first in English then in Thai and had just asked for any questions. He'd excelled himself by demanding that his name was written in Thai, which he spelt out for them, even though the staff tried to explain that the name on his certificate had to match the name in his passport to be valid.

When travel opens up proper just need an air ticket and one can get a vaccination passport. 

You can actually get the equivalent WHO "yellow book" certifying all your vaccinations (Covid, yellow fever, rabies, etc) at the hospital where you get jabbed if they have stock, or they'll update it if you already have a book.

You can also get one at your local hospital, and if they don't have any they may order them, take your details, and call you when they come in - mine, in Loei, was happy to take everyone's details who wanted one.

30 minutes ago, mickkotlarski said:

Really? Where did you get the vaccine passport done? Very interesting.

The one with the Thai garuda (crest) on the front is just the Thai 'yellow book' version of the WHO 'yellow book', but only for Covid. Only available in Bangkok.

If you take some screen shots of the two versions you should be able to show them what you want and to get one from your local hospital, or the provincial one if you got jabbed there.

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Stonker said:

TBH and TBF, I'm sure they'll give the second dose free as well.

They're getting them free from the government, so dishing them out free at Central Festival rather than at the hospital is good free advertising for them where they can push their other over-priced services.

Edit:

IIRC the sixth floor at Central Festival is the cinema floor, so it's unused at the moment anyway, with plenty of space.

Freebies / win-win all round.

8 minutes ago, Stonker said:

Thanks, but I don't need a second set just yet. 😇 

My experience also, apart from the inevitable disorderly and demanding farangs who normally I fortunately never see let alone have to meet.

First the queue jumpers (British and American), who pushed their way forward even though everyone, including them, had been given a queue number on arrival so everyone was vaccinated in the right order even if the queue jumpers got weighed and had their BP checked first.

Then the Dutchman who insisted the staff put down his new passport number as he'd brought his old passport by mistake, even though they told him they couldn't do so without seeing the passport, and that the old number could be updated later.

Then the Swiss who complained that he couldn't enter his details in the app even though he'd entered his Thai wife's ID number as that was "better" than the 13-digit number they'd given him.

Mong of the morning award, though, had to go to the English language teacher (Australian) who re-translated the doctor's briefing in English even though the doctor had just given the briefing first in English then in Thai and had just asked for any questions. He'd excelled himself by demanding that his name was written in Thai, which he spelt out for them, even though the staff tried to explain that the name on his certificate had to match the name in his passport to be valid.

You can actually get the equivalent WHO "yellow book" certifying all your vaccinations (Covid, yellow fever, rabies, etc) at the hospital where you get jabbed if they have stock, or they'll update it if you already have a book.

You can also get one at your local hospital, and if they don't have any they may order them, take your details, and call you when they come in - mine, in Loei, was happy to take everyone's details who wanted one.

The one with the Thai garuda (crest) on the front is just the Thai 'yellow book' version of the WHO 'yellow book', but only for Covid. Only available in Bangkok.

If you take some screen shots of the two versions you should be able to show them what you want and to get one from your local hospital, or the provincial one if you got jabbed there.

I didn't get vaccinated at a hospital but at Siam Paragon so I think I have to go to either the airport or the Bamratnaradoon hospital where Yellow fever vaccines are given. They say an out bound air ticket must be issued but some folk say it is not necessary.

If there is a cue involved like the system at Siam Paragon then problems over. Unlike Anutins cluster f$$k at Bang Sue this was done very well.  

The authorities did a good job. Friendly and professional.

Like yourself I've seen some demanding expats and have had to point out that local staff are just doing their job. For the bulk of it most of the local staff handled themselves well.  Fortunately the government so far has done a decent job vaccinated the masses with what resources they have. 

14 hours ago, Stonker said:

Rubbish, you just made that up.

Covid vaccines are free, I have been double jabbed since about 2 months ago. From a "Bangkok" hospital. Every faranger I know has had at least one, and they have all been free.

Fear mongering not based on the reality. You just scare people with your imagined information.

Pull your head in, it is a serious issue.

6 minutes ago, mickkotlarski said:

I didn't get vaccinated at a hospital but at Siam Paragon so I think I have to go to either the airport or the Bamratnaradoon hospital where Yellow fever vaccines are given.

You can do it at the airport and a couple of other places in Bangkok, who'll give you the Thai 'yellow book' - technically a flight ticket's required but plenty have got it without.

On your Certificate of Vaccination that you would have got at Siam Paragon there should be a stamp, bottom right, from the certifying authority (in Thai) which will tell you which hospital was responsible and you may be able to get a WHO 'yellow book' from there or from your local hospital.

It's really up to the hospital and obviously like any government offices some are more helpful than others.

40 minutes ago, RobMuir said:

Rubbish, you just made that up.

Well as it was "my thought" of course I "made it up"! 😂

If I hadn't, it couldn't have been "my thought"! 😂 😂 😂

Covid vaccines are free (snip)

Not correct - some are, some aren't.

Some are "free" as in paid for by the state, some are "free" at the point of delivery because someone else has paid for them (the TRC, PAO, or an NGO), and some are charged for either by the hospital or the NGO depending on the recipient.

From a "Bangkok" hospital.

Presumably you mean a "Bangkok Hospital Group" hospital, rather than one in Bangkok?

Every faranger I know has had at least one, and they have all been free

Given the "farangers" you must mix with, I'd expect nothing else.

You just scare people with your imagined information.

In case there was any room for doubt by even the densest person here, I even clarified it above (#78592), prior to your post.

If that wasn't clear enough for you, there's little more I can do to make things any simpler and clearer - maybe you shouldn't judge others based on your own limitations.

1 minute ago, Stonker said:

Some are "free" as in paid for by the state, some are "free" at the point of delivery because someone else has paid for them (the TRC, PAO, or an NGO), and some are charged for either by the hospital or the NGO depending on the recipient.

Presumably you mean a "Bangkok Hospital Group" hospital, rather than one in Bangkok?

In case there was any room for doubt by even the densest person here, I even clarified it above (#78592).

If that wasn't clear enough for you, there's little more I can do to make things any simpler and clearer - maybe you shouldn't judge others based on your own limitations.

Feeding time must surely be over now  😂

10 minutes ago, Stonker said:

In case there was any room for doubt by even the densest person here, I even clarified it above (#78592).

Yes Bangkok Hospital Group hospital not in Bangkok.

Yes, all the farangers I know have had at least one free jab, I have had 2, but I had contacts due to my volunteer work for the community.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank Thailand firstly for keeping us farangers safe during this pandemic. Less than a handful of us have died from covid here, while over 2 million of us have died back in our own countries.

RIP 

And secondly, for the free vaccines. I would have been more than happy to pay, so instead made a donation into the donation box at the hospital for the spastic kids.

Thankyou Thailand.

Good to see you have corrected yourself.

Edited by RobMuir

29 minutes ago, gummy said:

Feeding time must surely be over now  😂

You're right ..... I suspected the brief display of common sense had been exhausted .....

1 hour ago, Stonker said:

You can do it at the airport and a couple of other places in Bangkok, who'll give you the Thai 'yellow book' - technically a flight ticket's required but plenty have got it without.

On your Certificate of Vaccination that you would have got at Siam Paragon there should be a stamp, bottom right, from the certifying authority (in Thai) which will tell you which hospital was responsible and you may be able to get a WHO 'yellow book' from there or from your local hospital.

It's really up to the hospital and obviously like any government offices some are more helpful than others.

Thank you.

• Like 1