News Forum - Customers at Isaan restaurant face 2 months in jail for drinking alcohol

Thaiger

34 minutes ago, AussieBob said:

I know for sure they are doing 'hard time' sharing a cell with many others .....

Do you really?

If you read the source report, or even the previous comments in this thread, you'd "know for sure" that they're not.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Disenfranchised said:

However  there is no logic that says having a beer or a glass of wine with dinner spreads the virus.

... and, of course, no-one ever gets drunk on alcohol .... never happens ....

40 minutes ago, AussieBob said:

I know for sure they are doing 'hard time' sharing a cell with many others, 

Know for sure?

Nah, what the TT wind up "story" ommiitted was that the sentences were wholly suspended and the people charged are all in the comforts of their own home.

You have been sucked in to the wind up. Hook, line and sinker.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Stonker said:

Do you really?

If you read the source report, or even the previous comments in this thread, you'd "know for sure" that they're not.

Sarcasm.  Why do some people here not know what sarcasm is? 

As Jay on Goof Morning Thailand pointed out some days ago, when he first arrived in Thailand he was astonished how Thais took him 'literally' whenever he said something. They had no idea he was talking sarcastically.  

6 minutes ago, RobMuir said:

Know for sure?

Nah, what the TT wind up "story" ommiitted was that the sentences were wholly suspended and the people charged are all in the comforts of their own home.

You have been sucked in to the wind up. Hook, line and sinker.

Sarcasm mate - sarcasm.  Us Aussies are full of it (and that too 😄)

5 minutes ago, AussieBob said:

Sarcasm mate - sarcasm.  Us Aussies are full of it (and that too 😄)

Oohh.

Sorry mate, I am not the sharpest tool in the shed.

I thought you believed that they actually jailed people for drinking in a bar.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Stonker said:

... and, of course, no-one ever gets drunk on alcohol .... never happens ....

Well, I can hold my grog, but I know a lot of people we go can't.

I got through a slab yesterday, and will again today. Write as reign mate.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, AussieBob said:

Sarcasm.  Why do some people here not know what sarcasm is? 

As Jay on Goof Morning Thailand pointed out some days ago, when he first arrived in Thailand he was astonished how Thais took him 'literally' whenever he said something. They had no idea he was talking sarcastically.  

Sorry, but coming across as badly uninformed probably isn't the best use of "sarcasm".

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, RobMuir said:

Well, I can hold my grog, but I know a lot of people we go can't.

I got through a slab yesterday, and will again today. Write as reign mate.

Good point Rob - many Thais have an extremely low alcohol tolerance level. They have a few drinks and they are totally phizszed and 'away they go'.  Clearly that is the problem - not farangs having a beer or six and talking total khrapp to each other  😁

11 minutes ago, Stonker said:

Sorry, but coming across as badly uninformed probably isn't the best use of "sarcasm".

Fair enough. I re-read it and I wrote it too quickly - and should have used apostrophes.

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, AussieBob said:

- many Thais have an extremely low alcohol tolerance level. 

Well, I see that as yet another positive of living in LOS. You only have to buy two drinks for the girls and they let down their guard are ready to go.

Back in in Oz, a lot of the shielas can drink and drink, it takes hours to get them into the sack. It can also be expensive if they only drink the fancy stuff and don't drink beer.

Kiwi shielas are even worse.

• Haha 1
  • Cool 1

The stupidity continues. Why go after the real criminals, when you can extract all sorts of cash from innocents, enjoying a laugh and a beer?

Beer does not cause covid. Stupidity, bad policy, ineffective partial shutdowns, highly selective lockdowns, a badly planned vaccination policy, allowing the army bases to remain open, allowing the canning plants and construction sites to remain open, and incompetence causes covid to spread. The people are not to blame.

90% of the covid cases in Thailand are a direct result of the stunningly poor leadership of Prayuth and Anutin.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, RobMuir said:

Well, I see that as yet another positive of living in LOS. You only have to buy two drinks for the girls and they let down their guard are ready to go.

Back in in Oz, a lot of the shielas can drink and drink, it takes hours to get them into the sack. It can also be expensive if they only drink the fancy stuff and don't drink beer.

Kiwi shielas are even worse.

That is so very true mate - many of the women over here can drink me under the table. All the Thai girls I have met, are very 'friendly' after only a few drinks.   

PS - those bar girls many punters (mugs) buy 'drinks' for are sipping coca cola. There are exceptions - but the vast majority cannot hold much alcohol.

• Haha 1

Wow, seems like they caught themselves some hard core criminals. Alcohol, live music and that at such an unholy hour. Sharia law inspired ?

4 minutes ago, AussieBob said:

That is so very true mate - many of the women over here can drink me under the table. All the Thai girls I have met, are very 'friendly' after only a few drinks.   

PS - those bar girls many punters (mugs) buy 'drinks' for are sipping coca cola. There are exceptions - but the vast majority cannot hold much alcohol.

Some of the bar hookers can hold a fair bit. 

Whenever we come across one on her first night on the job we buy them tequila shot after tequila shot until they spew. A bit of fun, and they earn a bit of cash on their first night without having to be molested by a old fat farang pervert.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, Rip255 said:

The message is clear.

Prayut doesnt like alcohol. He doesnt like bars.

He doesnt want farangs here who drink 14hrs a day. No one does. 

When he uses the term 'high quality tourist'....it starts with flushing out the barflys. Thats when theyll start coming. 

Just watch...in 3 years Pattaya will be full of hi-so foreigners who buy gems and designer brands and completely devoid of sleazy bars and the zero shower farang that frequent them. 

I guess you never been in Monacco or any world class destinations then you would know the difference and this high class would not pay for a dirty low level infrastructure, standards, safety standards or live there. And to developp a infrastructure needs a decade and skilled people it doesn't come by a wish or because the clowns ordered it. 

2 hours ago, Stardust said:

I guess you never been in Monacco or any world class destinations then you would know the difference and this high class would not pay for a dirty low level infrastructure, standards, safety standards or live there. And to developp a infrastructure needs a decade and skilled people it doesn't come by a wish or because the clowns ordered it. 

Theres a middle ground worth aiming for somewhere between billionaire's playground Monaco and the environment catering to fat shirtless drunks parking their butts all day at a sleazy bar on beach road in Thailand.

Edited by Rip255

1 minute ago, Rip255 said:

Theres a middle ground worth aiming for somewhere between billionaire's playground Monaco and the environment catering to fat shirtless drunks parking their butts all day at a sleazy bar on beach road in Thailand.

You must be referring to Soi Buakhao 😂

On 10/8/2021 at 6:34 PM, Thaiger said:

Customers drinking alcohol at a restaurant in the Isaan province Nakhon Ratchasima reportedly face two-month prison sentences and a 12,500 baht fine. The Bangkok Post reported that Thai police raided the restaurant on Wednesday night and arrested 39 people including customers and staff. Police say the bar was open past the hours set by emergency orders and was serving alcohol. Nakhon Ratchasima is classified as a “dark red” zone for a high Covid-19 infection rate. Alcohol sales and consumption at restaurants is prohibited. And under the emergency orders, the restaurants in “dark red” zones must close by 9pm. Police raided […]

The post Customers at Isaan restaurant face 2 months in jail for drinking alcohol appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

a hefty sentence indeed. Is there a need to go to this extreme?

36 minutes ago, HiuMak said:

a hefty sentence indeed. Is there a need to go to this extreme?

There is no extreme. This article is a fake news clickbait windup. The sentences were wholly suspended as is standard.

<also deleted off-topic ramblings>

Moderator note: The article is NOT FAKE NEWS.  Please stop peddling nonsense.  This independent writer may be guilty of slight misinterpretation and a misleading use of words.  The article is clear in the use of "may face ..." because a suspended sentence 'may' lead to a jail term if conditions are breached. There is no 'wholly suspended sentence'.

ThaigerTalk forum is also independent of Thaiger News so perhaps you might contact the 3x removed writer and voice your concerns rather than doing so in this debate section.

Edited by KaptainRob
Of-topic and wholly misleading comments

On 10/9/2021 at 7:14 AM, AussieBob said:

I know for sure they are doing 'hard time' sharing a cell with many others,

Yeah mate, I hope they don't die in there. 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, RobMuir said:

There is no extreme. This article is a fake news clickbait windup. The sentences were wholly suspended as is standard.

<also deleted off-topic ramblings>

Moderator note: The article is NOT FAKE NEWS.  Please stop peddling nonsense.  This independent writer may be guilty of slight misinterpretation and a misleading use of words.  The article is clear in the use of "may face ..." because a suspended sentence 'may' lead to a jail term if conditions are breached. There is no 'wholly suspended sentence'.

ThaigerTalk forum is also independent of Thaiger News so perhaps you might contact the 3x removed writer and voice your concerns rather than doing so in this debate section.

Fair call !

• Like 1