News Forum - Customers at Isaan restaurant face 2 months in jail for drinking alcohol

Thaiger

The PM said, shortly after taking power, that he would close the country down to foreigners I believe. 

Well, Covid19 gave him the means to do it, and maintain the support of the army and to a large extent, the people. 

This I feel sure in part, explains the reluctance, to take on board what clearly must be done, if you want the tourists back namely, remove the requirement for COE, extra insurance, requirement to book SHA+ hotels, open up bars, restaurants, entertainment venues etc. There in lies the rub, he doesn't want the "dirty Farang" back, he only wants the money.

He would I believe, be happy not to have any Farang, and just have people from South East Asian countries in general, and China in specific.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Stonker said:

You beat me to it. Again. Appaling "wind-up" reporting yet again, but sadly from a different reporter.  The fines are a standard 12,500 baht, and the two month sentences suspended - again standard.

Yeah, they wind people up and it does real damage to the already struggling tourism industry. Costing people's jobs, hurting businesses that are on their last legs etc

It generates the following sentiment-

27 minutes ago, Griff1315 said:

The Land of the Non Alcohol induced Smiles....

Catchy TAT material maybe

30 minutes ago, TV7 said:

Wow, good advertisement to get tourists coming to the land of the smile...not.

1 hour ago, Rip255 said:

The message is clear.

Prayut doesnt like alcohol. He doesnt like bars.

2 hours ago, gummy said:

Perhaps it is the covert muslim take over ?

Idiotic

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, BIGGLES said:

The PM said, shortly after taking power, that he would close the country down to foreigners I believe. 

Well, Covid19 gave him the means to do it, and maintain the support of the army and to a large extent, the people. 

This I feel sure in part, explains the reluctance, to take on board what clearly must be done, if you want the tourists back namely, remove the requirement for COE, extra insurance, requirement to book SHA+ hotels, open up bars, restaurants, entertainment venues etc. There in lies the rub, he doesn't want the "dirty Farang" back, he only wants the money.

He would I believe, be happy not to have any Farang, and just have people from South East Asian countries in general, and China in specific.

Yeah, probably. The SE Asians aren't always moaning about summat inconsequential, or getting horribly drunk. Makes sense.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, BIGGLES said:

No he didn't. He took over 8 years ago and nobody has been thrown out.

And it was a Thai bar with Thai patrons, nothing to do with farangs

4 minutes ago, RobMuir said:

Yeah, they wind people up and it does real damage to the already struggling tourism industry. Costing people's jobs, hurting businesses that are on their last legs etc

It generates the following sentiment-

Idiotic

Who shoved a stick up your arse and made you the authority in everything.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, RobMuir said:

No he didn't. He took over 8 years ago and nobody has been thrown out.

And it was a Thai bar with Thai patrons, nothing to do with farangs

Farang 

Singular and plural. 

Apologies - long been a pet peeve of mine. Trivial, I know.

Mai phen rai.

Carry on.

22 minutes ago, BIGGLES said:

The PM said, shortly after taking power, that he would close the country down to foreigners I believe

Why do you "believe" that?

It's hard to disprove Russell's teapot ( that there's a little teapot orbiting the sun), but do you have any evidence for that at all or any idea where that comes from?

10 minutes ago, Griff1315 said:

I just don't like reading obvious wind up nonsense.

If you like misleading fake news so you can get wound up and complain that is ok by me.

Some people like to complain about Thais constantly and they lap this sort of krap up.

Any other questions?

18 minutes ago, Griff1315 said:

Even a dog with no nose finds a bone occasionally, @Griff1315. It won't last.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Rain said:

Farang 

Singular and plural. 

Apologies - long been a pet peeve of mine. Trivial, I know.

Mai phen rai.

Carry on.

Ahh, I could reply like- 

19 minutes ago, Griff1315 said:

But I am a gentleman, so I won't.

Why is that? Because Thai doesn't use plural?

Is that official?

2 hours ago, Stonker said:

Why do you "believe" that?

It's hard to disprove Russell's teapot ( that there's a little teapot orbiting the sun), but do you have any evidence for that at all or any idea where that comes from?

I believe it has been reported, on a number of occasions over the years in the press. Bangkok Post, the  Nation etc.

I could be wrong,  that is why I preface my comment with - I believe.I 👍

11 hours ago, Graham said:

And TAT are again pushing for tourists to come to the Land of Scams, where you can come and be arrested for having a drink with your meal. 555

TIT.

Without knowing details, it seems to be a little more than that!

However  there is no logic that says having a beer or a glass of wine with dinner spreads the virus.

6 minutes ago, Disenfranchised said:

Without knowing details, it seems to be a little more than that!

However  there is no logic that says having a beer or a glass of wine with dinner spreads the virus.

The Thai goverment does not consider logic as a valid human trait

47 minutes ago, Gern said:

It's good to see this is the most important problem the police have. Everything else must be under control. 

There's still the ongoing demonstrations and protest to look after, which seem to have lost their romantic luster in media circles.

2 minutes ago, Rain said:

There's still the ongoing demonstrations and protest to look after, which seem to have lost their romantic luster in media circles.

I think the PM is really hoping Bangkok will flood to wash his problems away

1 minute ago, gummy said:

I think the PM is really hoping Bangkok will flood to wash his problems away

A week's time we'll know - 

Two new typhoons and their residue are on their way. 

Just another day in the flooded paradise.

I wonder if these people caught drinking will be in jail longer than Ferrari Joe. I know for sure they are doing 'hard time' sharing a cell with many others, while Joe and his cohorts will be in the protected cells reserved for 'special guests'.

7 hours ago, BIGGLES said:

I could be wrong, 

Ever thought of doing a search? Nothing comes up, BTW ..... but if you want to believe ....