2022 FIFA World Cup Qualifying

BigHewer

5 minutes ago, BigHewer said:

Canada qualified once before, back in 1986. The USA and Mexico are in too, qualified yesterday. Canada qualified a few days earlier.

Ah ok, any more spots to fill or that's it?

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Noble_Design said:

Ah ok, any more spots to fill or that's it?

Three left to fill. 

New Zealand vs Costa Rica 

Australia vs Peru 

Wales vs Scotland or Ukraine

Some interesting teams in there. A lot of emotion surrounding the Ukraine team.

I really don't know which team to support in WC.

Probably just gonna see every game as usual and  enjoy the games ;)

is it next WC it will be 48 teams ,maybe Swe have a chance to qualify hahaaaaaa

3 hours ago, BigHewer said:

I thought Sweden would go through. Italy must be hurting, two in a row missed for them. So which team will you be supporting now? 🤔

yea really weird that Italy can miss 2 WC's in a row maybe still celebrating that they won the euro  ,about time to deliver something now for them 

8 hours ago, Slacker77 said:

48 teams in the 2026 World Cup… 3 extra slots for Europe, 16 instead of 13 so a little easier 😁

• Like 1

I am no lover of football.  I consider it with darts and snooker to be incredibly boring to watch, but good to play on a Sunday afternoon in the village park.  As for awarding the WC to a place like Qatar, its just laughable, if it wasn't so obviously corrupt, degrading  and tragic for the sport.  Even if you are an avid football nut, and I acknowledge that there are a few such people in the world, to be even remotely associated with this travesty of a supposed civilized country is a huge mistake. 

Enjoy the tournament  folks. 

N.B , No I don't fly on Qatar airlines, or on Saudi and I don't holiday in Dubai.  I do have some pride and  morals left.  

19 minutes ago, Pinetree said:

I am no lover of football.  I consider it with darts and snooker to be incredibly boring to watch, but good to play on a Sunday afternoon in the village park.  As for awarding the WC to a place like Qatar, its just laughable, if it wasn't so obviously corrupt, degrading  and tragic for the sport.  Even if you are an avid football nut, and I acknowledge that there are a few such people in the world, to be even remotely associated with this travesty of a supposed civilized country is a huge mistake. 

N.B , No I don't fly on Qatar airlines, or on Saudi and I don't holiday in Dubai.  I do have some pride and  morals left.  

You’ve already had your say about football on this thread with that ridiculous post on the previous page, Pinetree. 

If you’re not interested, go post somewhere that piques your interest. 

Cheers.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, BigHewer said:

You’ve already had your say about football on this thread with that ridiculous post on the previous page, Pinetree. 

If you’re not interested, go post somewhere that piques your interest. 

Cheers.

Oh this piques my interest okay, like watching a wild life documentary.  I love watching big organizations slowly implode, as this demonstrates,. 

9 hours ago, Slacker77 said:

I really don't know which team to support in WC.

Probably just gonna see every game as usual and  enjoy the games ;)

It is not the supporting that is fun.... it is the betting and making money out of it that's fun 🤭

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, BigHewer said:

Three left to fill. 

New Zealand vs Costa Rica 

Australia vs Peru 

Wales vs Scotland or Ukraine

Some interesting teams in there. A lot of emotion surrounding the Ukraine team.

My bet is Costa Rica and the Socceroos will book their spots. Not sure about the third one though

7 minutes ago, Noble_Design said:

My bet is Costa Rica and the Socceroos will book their spots. Not sure about the third one though

I would say Peru, Costa Rica and Wales and hope I’m wrong on all three counts.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Pinetree said:

You're on the wrong thread here then if you don't like footie 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

What do you all think of this? For me I just can't... 🤮

I need something like the Champions League song to get the spirit going

• Like 1

LOL Group B has Iran & USA... imagine how heated their matches would be. 

Iran-stamp-Scott2335.jpg.90d223d41e7f831cd68edc6c9683aad4.jpg

Edited by Noble_Design
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Noble_Design said:

LOL Group B has Iran & USA... imagine how heated their matches would be. 

Iran-stamp-Scott2335.jpg.90d223d41e7f831cd68edc6c9683aad4.jpg

Wow. A repeat of 1998. Iran won 2-1 in Lyon, I believe. One of the most memorable group games in World Cup history. You’re right, this one will be no different.

6 hours ago, DwizzleyMatthews said:

5A7245F2-8553-4E79-845A-CBA5E73EAA40.thumb.jpeg.75e6f437bb12bab63f256ff21abd6ddc.jpeg

Brilliant… some nice looking groups here. Group B is the standout, what a humdinger. Whichever of the three play-off teams gets in, it’ll add some spice.

And Serbia vs Switzerland in Group G. Chance for Serbia to get some revenge against the cheating Swiss after being robbed in 2018.

Who’s happy? Netherlands, Portugal.

Who’s a tad peeved? Japan, Poland

Bring it on!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BigHewer said:

Brilliant… some nice looking groups here. Group B is the standout, what a humdinger. Whichever of the three play-off teams gets in, it’ll add some spice.

And Serbia vs Switzerland in Group G. Chance for Serbia to get some revenge against the cheating Swiss after being robbed in 2018.

Who’s happy? Netherlands, Portugal.

Who’s a tad peeved? Japan, Poland

Bring it on!

Yup, a very mixed bunch with a good spread of  “ has promise “ and “ not a chance in hell “ across the board.

The experts have Brazil as favourites, with France, England, Spain and Argentina, in that order following.

IMO: France and Spain are erratic in the competition and could be brilliant or mediocre, England will do well but not enough to go all the way, Argentina will show early promise but will fade midway.

Brazil could easily go all the way but nerves/pressure play a big part in their game, who can forget the 7-1 drubbing by Germany in Brazil 2014 !!

Personally I’d like to see a new name on the cup, Belgium, the Netherlands or even Senegal but, tbh, I am not too fussed who wins and just looking forward to some entertaining football.

• Like 2

Matches will be played at the following times :

FIFA has confirmed the first two rounds of matches will kick off at 1pm, 4pm, 7pm and 10pm local time.    (5pm, 8pm, 11pm and 2am in Thailand ).

Kick-off times in the final round of group games and knockout-round matches will be at 6pm and 10pm local time.    (10pm and 2am Thailand time ).

The final is scheduled to kick off at 6pm local time.    (10pm Thailand time )

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, DwizzleyMatthews said:

Personally I’d like to see a new name on the cup, Belgium, the Netherlands or even Senegal but, tbh, I am not too fussed who wins and just looking forward to some entertaining football.

Same here. Belgium, Portugal or the perennial bridesmaids the Netherlands. All three have a pretty favorable draw so could be interesting. Obviously still going for England first but if not, then a newbie.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, DwizzleyMatthews said:

Matches will be played at the following times :

FIFA has confirmed the first two rounds of matches will kick off at 1pm, 4pm, 7pm and 10pm local time.    (5pm, 8pm, 11pm and 2am in Thailand ).

Kick-off times in the final round of group games and knockout-round matches will be at 6pm and 10pm local time.    (10pm and 2am Thailand time ).

The final is scheduled to kick off at 6pm local time.    (10pm Thailand time )

When Qatar was announced as host, I figured India would be a good place for watching games, but Thailand not far behind. Thailand has better football bars too 😁

I always take the first three weeks of every World Cup off work (this time will be no different). Going to be epic in Thailand. Just hoping the Aussies and Kiwis get in to boost the banter value.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Noble_Design said:

It's still a long wait before the World Cup starts, can't they bring it forward to say June? 🤭

Well that’s when it should be. Pity about the 50 degree temperatures in the host country 🤣

Roll on June 7th… keen to find out the remaining three qualifying teams ⚽

3 minutes ago, BigHewer said:

Well that’s when it should be. Pity about the 50 degree temperatures in the host country 🤣

Roll on June 7th… keen to find out the remaining three qualifying teams ⚽

You're right, end of the year makes sense not only for Qatar but Thailand too since the weather would be much nicer and cooler for watching live football at the pub.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Noble_Design said:

You're right, end of the year makes sense not only for Qatar but Thailand too since the weather would be much nicer and cooler for watching live football at the pub.

So right. It’s a win win. Now I’m deciding where - perhaps a week each in Samui, Bangkok and Chiang Mai 😁