News Forum - Thailand to be removed from UK red list from Monday

Thaiger

9 minutes ago, Bob20 said:

When I enter details it clearly requires me to show a negative PCR test even if vaccinated.

The exception to not have to show a negative PCR result is if you're vaccinated and fly within the EU.

Things change fast so I'd be interested where you saw that?

•  
  • If you have a transfer in Amsterdam, you don’t need to show a COVID-19 test result, but you are required to submit a quarantine declaration form 

https://www.klm.com/travel/ar_en/plan_and_book/search_a_flight/travel-ban.htm

8 minutes ago, Fluke said:
  •  
  • If you have a transfer in Amsterdam, you don’t need to show a COVID-19 test result, but you are required to submit a quarantine declaration form 

https://www.klm.com/travel/ar_en/plan_and_book/search_a_flight/travel-ban.htm

The few paragraphs above that state you need a test coming from a high risk country I presume your quote means that you don't need it only for your transfer at Amsterdam, but I would assume you will need it before entering the plane in BKK...

10 minutes ago, Bob20 said:

The few paragraphs above that state you need a test coming from a high risk country I presume your quote means that you don't need it only for your transfer at Amsterdam, but I would assume you will need it before entering the plane in BKK...

Yes, you will certainly need a PCR tests somewhere along the journey , but you wouldn't need to be vaccinated 

2 hours ago, gummy said:

So that means a bus, taxi or one way hire car for you to get to BKK given domestic flights are only open to vaccinated people ?

You really should only write factual things , as it causes others concern . 

Like I contacted two different airlines to ask them and also did web searches to read the latest  numerous travel  news reports .

Its difficult enough finding the latest correct travel  info these days without people saying incorrect things .

Do try and write only factual things and not false information that effects others , like I was checking on how to get from Bangkok bus station to Swampy on the belief that I would be unable to fly to Swampy and would have to go by bus . 

12 minutes ago, Fluke said:

You really should only write factual things , as it causes others concern . 

Like I contacted two different airlines to ask them and also did web searches to read the latest  numerous travel  news reports .

Its difficult enough finding the latest correct travel  info these days without people saying incorrect things .

Do try and write only factual things and not false information that effects others , like I was checking on how to get from Bangkok bus station to Swampy on the belief that I would be unable to fly to Swampy and would have to go by bus . 

Yes a bus is obviously the most sensible option for somebody like yourself being unvaccinated as it appears less bother but then perhaps the most sensible option is not your approach.

5 minutes ago, gummy said:

Yes a bus is obviously the most sensible option for somebody like yourself being unvaccinated as it appears less bother but then perhaps the most sensible option is not your approach.

Ah right, so you gave me false information because you had better ideas for my travel plans ?

It would be stupid to take the bus to BKK , it would be a much higher risk of contracting the virus spending nine hours on a small bus , compared to one hour on an bigger airplane , then I would need to travel around Bangkok on public transport getting from the bus station to the airport and I would also be at risk of getting stuck in Dhabi or arriving back in the U.K with an expired PCR test .

Not a good idea to go by bus to BKK

4 minutes ago, Fluke said:

Ah right, so you gave me false information because you had better ideas for my travel plans ?

It would be stupid to take the bus to BKK , it would be a much higher risk of contracting the virus spending nine hours on a small bus , compared to one hour on an bigger airplane , then I would need to travel around Bangkok on public transport getting from the bus station to the airport and I would also be at risk of getting stuck in Dhabi or arriving back in the U.K with an expired PCR test .

Not a good idea to go by bus to BKK

@gummy is (half) joking,  but also you are just looking for confirmation of what you want to do.

Traveling in a bus with a few open windows would most certainly be safer than being cooped up in an aluminium sealed cylinder with recirculating air.

Of course it would be safest if you just got jabbed, but if you don't chose the main safety option, why are you so worried about a fraction of a percent marginal difference?

It's like turning off the airbags and driving extra carefully. Until someone else causes the accident.

Why not keep the airbags on and get jabbed? (Seriously)

1 minute ago, Bob20 said:

@gummy is (half) joking,  but also you are just looking for confirmation of what you want to do.

Traveling in a bus with a few open windows would most certainly be safer than being cooped up in an aluminium sealed cylinder with recirculating air.

Of course it would be safest if you just got jabbed, but if you don't chose the main safety option, why are you so worried about a fraction of a percent marginal difference?

It's like turning off the airbags and driving extra carefully. Until someone else causes the accident.

Why not keep the airbags on and get jabbed? (Seriously)

I will wait until I get back to the U.K and get some proper jabs , the vaccines in Thailand are not recognised in the U.K and that means I would have to get two jabs in Thailand and two more in the U.K. within the space of a few weeks and I don't want to overdose on vaccines 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Fluke said:

I will wait until I get back to the U.K and get some proper jabs , the vaccines in Thailand are not recognised in the U.K and that means I would have to get two jabs in Thailand and two more in the U.K. within the space of a few weeks and I don't want to overdose on vaccines 

Can I suggest you have a good look around? I had double Pfizer and so have some of my friends. Just from walk-ins.

If that's all that's holding you back, you better use your energy to find a location where you can get this done than to figure out buses/flights/regulations...

14 minutes ago, Fluke said:

”Overdose”
Good point! There use to be a waiting period in between taking different vaccines  . Surly if the CDC says it’s ok now ,it also must be ok to have many different kinds in your body at the same time!

https://www.weau.com/2021/05/19/cdc-removes-14-day-wait-time-between-covid-19-vaccine-and-other-vaccines/

Edited by riclag

23 hours ago, gummy said:

So that means a bus, taxi or one way hire car for you to get to BKK given domestic flights are only open to vaccinated people ?

I went again to the airport yesterday just to ask and the local domestic airlines didnt require anything , no vaccine proof or even a PCR test , all you need to fly is a ticket and a passport

1 hour ago, Fluke said:

I went again to the airport yesterday just to ask and the local domestic airlines didnt require anything , no vaccine proof or even a PCR test , all you need to fly is a ticket and a passport

Well that is excellent news for you. So for the international flight it means you will get the PCR test in CM or BKK ?

11 minutes ago, gummy said:

Well that is excellent news for you. So for the international flight it means you will get the PCR test in CM or BKK ?

No, he'll go to BKK a few times first to check too 🤣 (sorry Fluke, only joking 😉)

17 minutes ago, gummy said:

Need to get it done in CM .

Some clinics give the result the next day and some Countries require the result to be from 48/72 hours previously . 

So it will take precision planning and timing .

I have already done a test run