News Forum - Thailand to be removed from UK red list from Monday

Thaiger

3 hours ago, Chaimai said:

When you arrive in England – not fully vaccinated

After you arrive in England you must:

1 You have to stay home for ten days .

2 You have to go out after two days to a postbox to send the tests to the laboratory . 

Can anyone else see a problem with these two requirements ?

29 minutes ago, Fluke said:

2 You have to go out after two days to a postbox to send the tests to the laboratory . 

The tests get collected from you

59 minutes ago, Fluke said:

You don't have friends or neighbours.
You'll need to shop as well.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Faz said:

Even if I do have friends, I shouldn't think that they would be friends much longer if I said to them :

*Hi, I am just back from Thailand which was on the red list a few days ago, I may have contracted a highly dangerous infectious new  Covid mutation and I need to stay home on my own for ten days to stop  me spreading the new virus . I have a sample right here , would you mind taking it to a post box*

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Fluke said:

Even if I do have friends, I shouldn't think that they would be friends much longer if I said to them :

*Hi, I am just back from Thailand which was on the red list a few days ago, I may have contracted a highly dangerous infectious new  Covid mutation and I need to stay home on my own for ten days to stop  me spreading the new virus . I have a sample right here , would you mind taking it to a post box*

you put it in a sealed container and it is collected

https://101testing.co.uk/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIjrO22L268wIV6ZpmAh3lJASKEAAYAyAAEgI0RPD_BwE

But then perhaps those instructions on testing on arrival to the UK you intend to contradict ?

8 minutes ago, Faz said:

Not saying its right but a friend of mine did this a few months ago (not from Thailand) 

he put a foreign number was not phoned or checked up on

his 'home" quarantine  was at home with elderly  parent (big house, parent was fully vaccinated he distanced himself) it included

• masked shopping off license i believe
  • masked walking
  • meeting some friends i would imagine for beers outside (ish ) i think

A family member did some shopping for him at start but did not live near and worked

He got a phone call at some stage on last day saying he was free

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Fluke said:

Now your just being flippant and difficult.

Sorry, but my family and friends would go out of their way to help, just as I would for them.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, gummy said:

you put it in a sealed container and it is collected

https://101testing.co.uk/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIjrO22L268wIV6ZpmAh3lJASKEAAYAyAAEgI0RPD_BwE

But then perhaps those instructions on testing on arrival to the UK you intend to contradict ?

No, that website states *Free 24Hr Tracked Return * and *Return kit using free Royal Mail Track 24 postage*. , which means its sent by post and will arrive within 24 hours and its tracked , it says nothing about it being collected .

They now have special Covid postboxes in the U.K where you post things only related to Covid 

2 minutes ago, Fluke said:

No, that website states *Free 24Hr Tracked Return * and *Return kit using free Royal Mail Track 24 postage*. , which means its sent by post and will arrive within 24 hours and its tracked , it says nothing about it being collected .

They now have special Covid postboxes in the U.K where you post things only related to Covid 

OK have it your way, suggest you go, ignore all instructions and ignore all advice given.

4 hours ago, Fluke said:

None of it makes much sence because before you can self isolate at home you will need to travel most likely on public transport to get there.

It's full of holes but unfortunately it's the law that we have to follow.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Faz said:

Now your just being flippant and difficult.

Sorry, but my family and friends would go out of their way to help, just as I would for them.

Thats you and your family and friends  though . 

I am not in the same situation as you , I live quite far from most family and friends and now barely know anyone in the area where my house is  as I've been away for 12 years and the neighbors have changed .

Theres a Covid postbox about 100 meters from my house , so I can drop my test off in the postbox when I go and buy some paintbrushes and food 

18 minutes ago, gummy said:

OK have it your way, suggest you go, ignore all instructions and ignore all advice given.

Yes, I shall ignore advice when its wrong information . I shall read the instructions and follow that advice 

There are about 50 different companies offering to supply the tests , some may even offer a collection service , the dozen or so companies that I have checked out only offer only the postal service .

24 minutes ago, gummy said:

I remember an old friend at the time that email just became mainstream. He had a footnote that said:

If all else fails, read the instructions 🤭

40 minutes ago, gummy said:

Should I take advice from the Company who are selling the tests in the U.K and telling how to return the tests, or should I ignore what they tell me to do and take advice from gummy in Issan ? 

After nine days in self isolation at home and I get a visit from the Police and they ask me why I havent sent the tests off like I was instructed to do , what would I say ?

"gummy told me someone would come around and collect them "

4 hours ago, Fluke said:

If you say that to your friends, you must have gone completely mad. And if your friends would not collect the perfectly sealed package that you left on your porch for them to be posted (which is what I had to do back in July), then apart from having gone completely mad too, they are also not really your friends.

1 minute ago, Fluke said:

Should I take advice from the Company who are selling the tests in the U.K and telling how to return the tests, or should I ignore what they tell me to do and take advice from gummy in Issan ? 

After nine days in self isolation at home and I get a visit from the Police and they ask me why I havent sent the tests off like I was instructed to do , what would I say ?

"gummy told me someone would come around and collect them "

Well you should do exactly what you think fit to do. Nobody can make a fool of you , only you can do that to yourself. By the way  I fail to see what mentioning Issan has got to do with anything. Perhaps you think Issan is now another London Borough ? I checked and it isn't 😂

11 minutes ago, gummy said:

Well you should do exactly what you think fit to do. Nobody can make a fool of you , only you can do that to yourself. By the way  I fail to see what mentioning Issan has got to do with anything. Perhaps you think Issan is now another London Borough ? I checked and it isn't 😂

Because its very far away in another Country and thus you would be unaware of the procedure 

5 minutes ago, gummy said:

Outskirts of Manchester maybe..🤣

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Fluke said:

It states in the documentation you get with the tests, if you can't find anyone to take it for you, you can take it yourself.

18 hours ago, gummy said:

As I said in an earlier post that is good news for you. When are you now planning to return to the UK ? - do you think that there will be a rush from Thailand to go there assuming of course you are all double vaxxed ?

If its a one way trip yes - if the plan is to come back I would stay put due to the ludicrous demands of the junta coming back. 

17 hours ago, Griff1315 said:

Give you credit Fluke I never saw it coming with the tricks the Thai government has been performing manipulating the numbers. Seems the British government are as stupid as these clowns or just don't care anymore..🤣

They were under extreme pressure from the aviation industry and caved in - the UK government have got numerous grenades coming down the tracks with the pins out so needed to take some pressure off. This was one of the easier ones

15 hours ago, Faz said:

To qualify under the fully vaccinated rules for travel to England, you must have been fully vaccinated with a full course of an approved vaccine in the UK, under the UK overseas vaccination programme or in one of the countries and territories listed below.

From 4am Monday 11 October UN staff and volunteers who have been fully vaccinated under the United Nations vaccine programme will also qualify.

You can still travel to England if you do not qualify as fully vaccinated but you must follow different rules.

Read the rules about travelling to England from another country.

There are different rules if you have been in a red list country in the last 10 days and you may not be allowed to enter England.

Approved vaccines

You must have had a complete course of one of the following vaccines at least 14 days before you arrive in England:

• Oxford/AstraZeneca
  • Pfizer BioNTech
  • Moderna
  • Janssen

The day you have your final dose does not count as one of the 14 days.

Formulations of these vaccines, such as AstraZeneca Covishield, AstraZeneca Vaxzevria and Moderna Takeda, also qualify as approved vaccines.

2 dose vaccines

If you were vaccinated with a 2 dose vaccine (Moderna, Pfizer BioNTech, Oxford AstraZeneca, or a combination of them), you must have had both doses to be considered fully vaccinated.

This applies in all cases, even if you’ve recently recovered from COVID-19 and have natural immunity.

Those who have had COVID-19 and have only had one dose of a 2 dose vaccine must follow the rules for unvaccinated arrivals.

Where 2 doses of a vaccine are required for a full course, you can:

• mix 2 different types of vaccine from the above list, for example Oxford/AstraZeneca and Moderna
  • have the 2 vaccinations under 2 different approved programmes, for example Australia and Japan, UK and USA, France and Canada

Single dose vaccines

If you had an approved one dose vaccine, such as Janssen, you are fully vaccinated.

Check the guidance to find the rules for COVID-19 testing and quarantine when you travel to England.

Proof of vaccination

You must be able to prove that you’ve been fully vaccinated under a vaccination programme with approved proof of certification.

There are several ways to prove vaccination status:

Vaccine certificates only

If you use a vaccine certificate as proof, it must be issued by a national or state-level public health authority, be in English, French or Spanish, and include as a minimum:

• your forename and surname(s)
  • your date of birth
  • vaccine brand and manufacturer
  • date of vaccination for every dose
  • country or territory of vaccination and/or certificate issuer

Countries with an approved proof of vaccination and examples of proof required

List of countries and territories with approved proof of vaccination for travel to England and examples of proof of vaccination.

If you were vaccinated in a country or territory that is not on this list, or with a vaccine that is not listed, you must follow the rules for people who do not qualify as fully vaccinated.

If you have been in a red list country or territory in the 10 days before you arrive in England, you must follow the red list rules. You must do this whether you qualify as fully vaccinated or not.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Thailand:
Will be added to this list of countries and territories with approved proof of vaccination 4am Monday 11 October. If you arrive in England before that date you must follow the rules for people who are not fully vaccinated. If you arrive after that, you can use a vaccine certificate to prove your vaccination status.
This country is currently on the red list. If you have been in a red list country or territory in the 10 days before you arrive in England, you must follow the red list rules.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/countries-with-approved-covid-19-vaccination-programmes-and-proof-of-vaccination

Great link to the NHS Covid pass - I had been wondering what was the formal route. Now got it

You have to register via the NHS app and upload a photo AND a 5 second video of yourself but all straightforward.

Cheers 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Fluke said:

You don’t. You could get a neighbour to post it or the postman will collect it from your home:

https://www.royalmail.com/collection