News Forum - Thailand to be removed from UK red list from Monday

Thaiger

Imagine how those people feel, the ones that have booked their 2250 GBP U.K quarantine and will be arriving in the U.K on Sunday night and will have to spend ten days in hotel quarantine and those people arriving the next day are free to go home . 

Maybe @Bangkok Pat could go to the airport and interview them before they fly home and make a video ?

1 hour ago, Fluke said:

Not everyone , some people kept an open mind and waited for the official announcement 

That’s why I wrote ‘Almost everyone’.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Griff1315 said:

Don't see them excepting any combo vaccines definitely not including Sinovac we were semi lucky and got 2 x AstraZeneca so hoping the UK excepts that but last I heard no vaccines recieved in Thailand were recognized by the UK. 

To the best of my knowledge it is only Sinovac that is not recognised in the UK. This may have changed recently, but I've not seen anything to that effect.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, NorfolkandChance said:

That’s why I wrote ‘Almost everyone’.

Yes, I was just using your posts to gloat a bit . 

In the last few days some people were saying that I dont know what I am talking about and that I had no idea how British Politics work etc because I correctly stated that the FCD list released a few days ago has nothing to do with the actual red list and that it was clear and obvious to them that because Thailand is staying on the FCD's warning list then "Of Course Thailand will remain on the U.K's red list" 

"A U.K Gov office have announced that Thailand is staying on its list and its written in the Bangkok Post that the U.K is staying on the red list , you're a dreamer if you think that the UK will be coming off the Red list any time soon"

41 minutes ago, Fluke said:

Imagine how those people feel, the ones that have booked their 2250 GBP U.K quarantine and will be arriving in the U.K on Sunday night and will have to spend ten days in hotel quarantine and those people arriving the next day are free to go home . 

Maybe @Bangkok Pat could go to the airport and interview them before they fly home and make a video ?

Surely you would cancel/reschedule the flight today and go Monday?

Any fees incurred are better than 2300 GBP

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Fluke said:

Yes, I was just using your posts to gloat a bit . 

In the last few days some people were saying that I dont know what I am talking about and that I had no idea how British Politics work etc because I correctly stated that the FCD list released a few days ago has nothing to do with the actual red list and that it was clear and obvious to them that because Thailand is staying on the FCD's warning list then "Of Course Thailand will remain on the U.K's red list" 

"A U.K Gov office have announced that Thailand is staying on its list and its written in the Bangkok Post that the U.K is staying on the red list , you're a dreamer if you think that the UK will be coming off the Red list any time soon"

Same with me. Got slagged off on a couple of other sites Just by stating to hang on for the government statement. The funniest one was a comment on a Breakfast Club site.

To qualify under the fully vaccinated rules for travel to England, you must have been fully vaccinated with a full course of an approved vaccine in the UK, under the UK overseas vaccination programme or in one of the countries and territories listed below.

From 4am Monday 11 October UN staff and volunteers who have been fully vaccinated under the United Nations vaccine programme will also qualify.

You can still travel to England if you do not qualify as fully vaccinated but you must follow different rules.

Read the rules about travelling to England from another country.

There are different rules if you have been in a red list country in the last 10 days and you may not be allowed to enter England.

Approved vaccines

You must have had a complete course of one of the following vaccines at least 14 days before you arrive in England:

• Oxford/AstraZeneca
  • Pfizer BioNTech
  • Moderna
  • Janssen

The day you have your final dose does not count as one of the 14 days.

Formulations of these vaccines, such as AstraZeneca Covishield, AstraZeneca Vaxzevria and Moderna Takeda, also qualify as approved vaccines.

2 dose vaccines

If you were vaccinated with a 2 dose vaccine (Moderna, Pfizer BioNTech, Oxford AstraZeneca, or a combination of them), you must have had both doses to be considered fully vaccinated.

This applies in all cases, even if you’ve recently recovered from COVID-19 and have natural immunity.

Those who have had COVID-19 and have only had one dose of a 2 dose vaccine must follow the rules for unvaccinated arrivals.

Where 2 doses of a vaccine are required for a full course, you can:

• mix 2 different types of vaccine from the above list, for example Oxford/AstraZeneca and Moderna
  • have the 2 vaccinations under 2 different approved programmes, for example Australia and Japan, UK and USA, France and Canada

Single dose vaccines

If you had an approved one dose vaccine, such as Janssen, you are fully vaccinated.

Check the guidance to find the rules for COVID-19 testing and quarantine when you travel to England.

Proof of vaccination

You must be able to prove that you’ve been fully vaccinated under a vaccination programme with approved proof of certification.

There are several ways to prove vaccination status:

Vaccine certificates only

If you use a vaccine certificate as proof, it must be issued by a national or state-level public health authority, be in English, French or Spanish, and include as a minimum:

• your forename and surname(s)
  • your date of birth
  • vaccine brand and manufacturer
  • date of vaccination for every dose
  • country or territory of vaccination and/or certificate issuer

Countries with an approved proof of vaccination and examples of proof required

List of countries and territories with approved proof of vaccination for travel to England and examples of proof of vaccination.

If you were vaccinated in a country or territory that is not on this list, or with a vaccine that is not listed, you must follow the rules for people who do not qualify as fully vaccinated.

If you have been in a red list country or territory in the 10 days before you arrive in England, you must follow the red list rules. You must do this whether you qualify as fully vaccinated or not.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Thailand:
Will be added to this list of countries and territories with approved proof of vaccination 4am Monday 11 October. If you arrive in England before that date you must follow the rules for people who are not fully vaccinated. If you arrive after that, you can use a vaccine certificate to prove your vaccination status.
This country is currently on the red list. If you have been in a red list country or territory in the 10 days before you arrive in England, you must follow the red list rules.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/countries-with-approved-covid-19-vaccination-programmes-and-proof-of-vaccination

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, palooka said:

If your vaccination certificate is in Thai, as mine is, you will have to go to the Provincial Health Office for another one in English. Would think you will have to pay a donation, not much for free in Thailand except Covid.

Their mistake.
If your a foreigner they should automatically issue it in Thai and English (as mine is) for International travel use.

• Like 1

Just now, Faz said:

Their mistake.
If your a foreigner they should automatically issue it in Thai and English (as mine is) for International travel use.

Live in an outer Province, had to fight to get even a Thai language certificate.  They're not used to Farlungs out this way so don't cater for them. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Griff1315 said:

Reading all the interest on here there will be more Brits leaving than coming. Another whole in the Thai economy.

A hole even 🙄

3 hours ago, AlexPTY said:

Red List doesn't make any sense, if you fully vaccinated with approved vaccine ( i don't think UK and EU approved different variations of Sino), it shouldn't matter if you come with high infection or low infection area. i would ask for approved ATK test, but red listing... sounds more like a PR campaign 

No Alex its not a PR stunt if you arrive in the UK from a Red List country like Thailand you need to Quarantine for 14 days in a Hotel where your stay for 14 days is in the Excess  of £2,500. Now there off the Red list all you require is a Certificate showing your fully inoculated on entering.

3 hours ago, Griff1315 said:

Back to the UK at the worst possible time of year winter.

Just view it as the aircon being turned down to its lowest temperature and it works outdoors as well and doesn't cost anything to either run or buy

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Fluke said:

Just view it as the aircon being turned down to its lowest temperature and it works outdoors as well and doesn't cost anything to either run or buy

Cool is free yeah but getting warm is going to cost more than AC here.

2 minutes ago, Griff1315 said:

Cool is free yeah but getting warm is going to cost more than AC here.

I dont use aircon in Thailand and I dont use a heater in the U.K .

I just either be hot or cold and adjust to either 

10 minutes ago, Fluke said:

I dont use aircon in Thailand and I dont use a heater in the U.K .

I just either be hot or cold and adjust to either 

There is such a thing as comfortable living you know. No need to sweat or shiver to save a few quid...😁

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Griff1315 said:

There is such a thing as comfortable living you know. No need to sweat or shiver to safe a few quid...😁

And maybe someone forgot that you'll need heating for the UK winter, which is more expensive than airco. Especially now with gas prices spiking which is causing another financial catastrophe for many.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Saltire said:

I read also that 'fully vaccinated' excludes the Sinovac & Astra Zenica combo, as well as those with 2 SinoVac.

Having the former, what do I do about getting a 3rd jab? A second AZ or a booster mRna?

Took me long enough to get my 2 jabs, so this will be easier said than done, as usual.

Waiting on the local poo yai to give me my Vax Certificate, another useless piece of paper in my case, as far as travel to the UK is concerned. Can't see them changing this anytime soon.

You can still travel but need to book a day 2 and day 8 PCR test and self isolate at home for 10 days. There is also a “test to release” process that may help you end isolation early. You may know all this already? All information as ever on the .gov.uk website https://www.gov.uk/guidance/travel-to-england-from-another-country-during-coronavirus-covid-19#if-you-are-not-fully-vaccinated

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Griff1315 said:

There is such a thing as comfortable living you know. No need to sweat or shiver to safe a few quid...😁

I usually stay in rooms away from direct sunlight so it never gets uncomfortable hot and leave doors and windows open for a breeze to pass through , also when I have used air con, it seems even hotter when I go  outside , so, I dont use aircon . 

My house in the U.K seems to stay warm , double glazing and solid nine each walls seem to keep it cozy , sometimes just need to put the central heating on for ten minutes to raise the temperature when it gets really cold outside , and again , it seems even colder outside when you put heating on indoors

55 minutes ago, vlad said:

No Alex its not a PR stunt if you arrive in the UK from a Red List country like Thailand you need to Quarantine for 14 days in a Hotel where your stay for 14 days is in the Excess  of £2,500. Now there off the Red list all you require is a Certificate showing your fully inoculated on entering.

You missed my point, comrade. One of the purposes of vaccination is limit the spread of the virus. Vaccinated people should not spread it. What's quarantine is for then. Make money for ASQ hotels...

You need to fill out a Passenger locator form and write your telephone number on it so they can contact you .

What happens if you don't have a U.K telephone number and no telephone/internet connection in the U.K and therefore uncontactable ?

5 minutes ago, Fluke said:

You need to fill out a Passenger locator form and write your telephone number on it so they can contact you .

What happens if you don't have a U.K telephone number and no telephone/internet connection in the U.K and therefore uncontactable ?

Don't  go....😛

3 minutes ago, Fluke said:

I would be there already

You have to submit the passenger locator form online I think 48 hours before you fly so try it without a phone number. I have been told they are doing spot checks on people doing the 10 day home isolation for non vaccinated travellers, so expect a visit.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Fluke said:

You would have a thai number they would have to attempt To contact you on that .. if it had to be a uk number i would put some family member and let them pick the bones out of that

If no family member back to thai number or if you wanted to be "a little tinker"pick the local police station number they may send a car

Edited by poohy
  • Like 2