News Forum - Thailand to be removed from UK red list from Monday

Thaiger

Thailand is being removed from Britain’s red list, meaning no more hotel quarantine for arrivals from the kingdom. Earlier this week, the UK ditched its advice against non-essential travel for 32 countries, but left Thailand and others on the red list. Now, that list will be cut to just 7 countries from Monday, with Thailand and 46 others coming off. The Bangkok Post reports that the UK has now missed 2 summers of tourism, due to tough travel restrictions that made it difficult for people to travel overseas or for international tourists to visit. Airlines have criticised the restrictions, in […]

The post Thailand to be removed from UK red list from Monday appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

The Sunday Telegraph called it right last Sunday .

They reported that a Whitehall source said that this would likely happen and this was last Sunday . 

The Sunday Telegraph reporters probably have a few lunch time beers with the people who make the decisions , which its unlikely that the Bangkok Post journos do that

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Fluke said:

The Sunday Telegraph called it right last Sunday .

They reported that a Whitehall source said that this would likely happen and this was last Sunday . 

The Sunday Telegraph reporters probably have a few lunch time beers with the people who make the decisions , which its unlikely that the Bangkok Post journos do that

As I said in an earlier post that is good news for you. When are you now planning to return to the UK ? - do you think that there will be a rush from Thailand to go there assuming of course you are all double vaxxed ?

Must admit it surprised me. Waste of time putting Thailand on the red list really but now it's off so are we. Back to the UK at the worst possible time of year winter.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Griff1315 said:

Must admit it surprised me. Waste of time putting Thailand on the red list really but now it's off so are we. Back to the UK at the worst possible time of year winter.

Guess that there will be an exodus of Brits now from a few countries, not just Thailand, back to the UK.

I read also that 'fully vaccinated' excludes the Sinovac & Astra Zenica combo, as well as those with 2 SinoVac.

Having the former, what do I do about getting a 3rd jab? A second AZ or a booster mRna?

Took me long enough to get my 2 jabs, so this will be easier said than done, as usual.

Waiting on the local poo yai to give me my Vax Certificate, another useless piece of paper in my case, as far as travel to the UK is concerned. Can't see them changing this anytime soon.

5 minutes ago, DoUKnowWhoIAm said:

Redbull Boy can travel back to his  flat. Beware Londoners, of speeding Ferraries.

The drug dealers will be glad of another outlet soon too 

Red List doesn't make any sense, if you fully vaccinated with approved vaccine ( i don't think UK and EU approved different variations of Sino), it shouldn't matter if you come with high infection or low infection area. i would ask for approved ATK test, but red listing... sounds more like a PR campaign 

If your vaccination certificate is in Thai, as mine is, you will have to go to the Provincial Health Office for another one in English. Would think you will have to pay a donation, not much for free in Thailand except Covid.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Saltire said:

I read also that 'fully vaccinated' excludes the Sinovac & Astra Zenica combo, as well as those with 2 SinoVac.

Having the former, what do I do about getting a 3rd jab? A second AZ or a booster mRna?

Took me long enough to get my 2 jabs, so this will be easier said than done, as usual.

Waiting on the local poo yai to give me my Vax Certificate, another useless piece of paper in my case, as far as travel to the UK is concerned. Can't see them changing this anytime soon.

Don't see them excepting any combo vaccines definitely not including Sinovac we were semi lucky and got 2 x AstraZeneca so hoping the UK excepts that but last I heard no vaccines recieved in Thailand were recognized by the UK. 

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, gummy said:

As I said in an earlier post that is good news for you. When are you now planning to return to the UK ? - do you think that there will be a rush from Thailand to go there assuming of course you are all double vaxxed ?

I will go next week sometime , I haven't been vaccinated .

No point in getting a vaccination in Thailand if half the World don't recognise it .

I will then have to get vaccinated again in the U.K. and I dont want four doses of the vaccination within a few weeks 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, NorfolkandChance said:

Shock Horror. We’re off the Red list. Almost everyone said we would stay on it.

Not everyone , some people kept an open mind and waited for the official announcement 

Looks like combinations of vaccines are permitted :

2 dose vaccines

If you were vaccinated with a 2 dose vaccine (Moderna, Pfizer BioNTech, Oxford AstraZeneca, or a combination of them), you must have had both doses to be considered fully vaccinated.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/countries-with-approved-covid-19-vaccination-programmes-and-proof-of-vaccination

28 minutes ago, Fluke said:

Not everyone , some people kept an open mind and waited for the official announcement 

Give you credit Fluke I never saw it coming with the tricks the Thai government has been performing manipulating the numbers. Seems the British government are as stupid as these clowns or just don't care anymore..🤣

37 minutes ago, Fluke said:

I will go next week sometime , I haven't been vaccinated .

No point in getting a vaccination in Thailand if half the World don't recognise it .

I will then have to get vaccinated again in the U.K. and I dont want four doses of the vaccination within a few weeks 

Can you fly without being vaccinated ? Or unless you have been then you will still need to quarantine in the UK will you not ?

2 minutes ago, gummy said:

Can you fly without being vaccinated ? Or unless you have been then you will still need to quarantine in the UK will you not ?

I don't know. Do you have wings? 🙄

11 minutes ago, gummy said:

When you arrive in England – not fully vaccinated

After you arrive in England you must:

If you are in England for less than 10 days, you need to quarantine for the time you are here. You need to book day 2 and day 8 travel tests. You only need to take the tests if you are still in England on those days.

12 minutes ago, gummy said:

I can quarantine in my own house for ten days , which will give me enough time to decorate the whole place , which I need to do anyway

Just now, Fluke said:

I can quarantine in my own house for ten days , which will give me enough time to decorate the whole place , which I need to do anyway

But you will have to arrange for all materials to be delivered to you as you can not shop yourself.

2 minutes ago, Fluke said:

In that case you can quarantine in my house too 👍

• Haha 3

17 minutes ago, gummy said:

Full version:-

If you are not fully vaccinated

This is what you need to do if you do not qualify under the fully vaccinated rules for travel to England.

Check this section of this guidance to see if you qualify as fully vaccinated.

Before you travel to England – not fully vaccinated

Before you travel to England you must:

Read more about taking a COVID-19 test before you travel to England.

When you arrive in England – not fully vaccinated

After you arrive in England you must:

If you are in England for less than 10 days, you need to quarantine for the time you are here. You need to book day 2 and day 8 travel tests. You only need to take the tests if you are still in England on those days.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/travel-to-england-from-another-country-during-coronavirus-covid-19

• Like 1

1 minute ago, gummy said:

But you will have to arrange for all materials to be delivered to you as you can not shop yourself.

We are allowed out for essential items like food and water and my local supermarket also sells paint and paint brushes and is open 24 hours 

9 minutes ago, Fluke said:

We are allowed out for essential items like food and water and my local supermarket also sells paint and paint brushes and is open 24 hours 

Well let's just hope in proving that you have only bought essential items that you are not asked to drink your paint. Mind you you may like the thinners ? 😂