News Forum - UK ditches “non-essential travel” alert for 32 countries, Thailand remains on red list (Update - now OFF red list)

Thaiger

The British government has amended its advice to avoid non-essential travel to 32 countries. The Bangkok Post reports that the move comes as countries around the world continue to make progress in fighting the pandemic. However, according to the UK’s Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office, Thailand remains on the red list, along with South Africa, Brazil, and Mexico. “The Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office advise against all but essential travel to the whole of Thailand based on the current assessment of Covid-19 risks.” In addition, the British government continues to advise its citizens to avoid travel to areas in the […]

The post UK ditches “non-essential travel” alert for 32 countries, Thailand remains on red list appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

No surprise, with the powers that be lying and cheating about the positive infection rates. Continually reducing the amount of PCR tests in favour of inaccurate ATK then not adding these numbers to the total. Complete lack of random testing and little  genome sequencing being performed.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Griff1315 said:

No surprise, with the powers that be lying and cheating about the positive infection rates. Continually reducing the amount of PCR tests in favour of inaccurate ATK then not adding these numbers to the total. Complete lack of random testing and little  genome sequencing being performed.

Absolutely agree, the non-visibility of daily testing numbers is shameful. Of course, all testing done anyway is reactive rather than being proactive.  Unfortunately it appears the daily deaths are not decreasing in line with the published positive cases😢

• Like 3

yep, you can fool locals, but not developed countries where health official actually have medical degrees.

on a separate note, i was at Emquartier last night and it looked like most people think that covid is over because we are "opening" next month. Many people not wearing masks, saw few Thais walking at shopping mall and drinking beer from the can. As @Bob20 pointed out on Monday, death numbers are strangely high compare to infection numbers... not easy to miscount death, right?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Thats gonna hurt TAT's expectations of British travelers arriving anytime soon.  Wonder if they will downplay the issue and instead increase the view on the Indians propping up tourism.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, AlexPTY said:

yep, you can fool locals, but not developed countries where health official actually have medical degrees.

on a separate note, i was at Emquartier last night and it looked like most people think that covid is over because we are "opening" next month. Many people not wearing masks, saw few Thais walking at shopping mall and drinking beer from the can. As @Bob20 pointed out on Monday, death numbers are strangely high compare to infection numbers... not easy to miscount death, right?

I have to agree as I just returned from my morning run in Lumpini park.  Very surprised at how many were not wearing masks as they walked, and then they were in close proximity in groups of 6 or more just chatting back and forth as if it was all normal.  2 weeks ago the Park police were scolding and warning folks in the park who had removed their masks to put them back on or leave, today not a peep, pure complacency.  Yes we are outside and folks do not like to wear a mask in the fresh air, well the PM 2.5 today is moderate at 63, but still.....I know to each their own. 

All we can do is protect ourselves from others if you are so inclined.  Seems that folks believe as I said earlier things are back to normal.  Walking back from the park I was amazed at the folks walking to work, and the traffic.  Talked with a friend in the insurance industry and they are still working from home and all have been vaccinated.  Looks like the company at least is still taking Covid seriously. 

I was reminded today by a friend who called me from up in Udon Thani that the vaccinations are still rolling out ever so slowly and with the flooding in parts of the country I wonder how this is affecting the Vaccinations in those parts.

• Like 5

40 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Thats gonna hurt TAT's expectations of British travelers arriving anytime soon.  Wonder if they will downplay the issue and instead increase the view on the Indians propping up tourism.

Yes, I hear those two Indians are still thinking about it 🤭

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, Bob20 said:

Yes, I hear those two Indians are still thinking about it 🤭

Don't worry we will have them in phuket for 7 days first!

Screenshot_20211007-105853_Opera.jpg

Edited by Malc-Thai
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

This is juts a report on the Bangkok post report . 

The Red/R.O.W list hasn't yet been updated 

The Bangkok Post seems to be getting the Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office (What this story is about )  mixed up with the main Government .

The F.C&D.O just give travel advice , its the main Government who decide who goes on the Red/R.O.W list and they are due to update that list either today or tomorrow 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Fluke said:

This is juts a report on the Bangkok post report . 

The Red/R.O.W list hasn't yet been updated 

The Bangkok Post seems to be getting the Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office (What this story is about )  mixed up with the main Government .

The F.C&D.O just give travel advice , its the main Government who decide who goes on the Red/R.O.W list and they are due to update that list either today or tomorrow 

Oh dear

1 minute ago, poohy said:

NB!

Meeting is today so unless its leaked news i would think this post is inaccurate at this stage

Yes, miracles can happen 😉

5 minutes ago, poohy said:

NB!

Meeting is today so unless its leaked news i would think this post is inaccurate at this stage

Yes, they havent yet decided who stays on the Red list and who doesnt . 

They meet today to decide 

The people who did this report (F.D.C) in question are advising  people not to travel to Thailand because its on the Governments Red list . 

If the Government remove Thailand from its Red list , its likely that the F.D.C will remove Thailand from their list as well 

12 minutes ago, poohy said:

NB!

It doesn't seem to be leaked news, the Bangkok Post reporter seems to have gotton two different lists by two different  offices mixed up .

The B.P reporter mistakenly thought that this was the Red list update

Hi Fluke,

Please advise where you are getting this information from. As far as I am aware it was updated on the 4th October and the reviews are every three weeks.

thanks

9 minutes ago, BBY said:

Hi Fluke,

Please advise where you are getting this information from. As far as I am aware it was updated on the 4th October and the reviews are every three weeks.

thanks

Can you post a link to that update ?

I don't think that you will be able to, as it wasn't updated on the 4 th 

11 minutes ago, BBY said:

Hi Fluke,

thanks

Here, published in the U.K 30 minutes ago .

"Ahead of an update to the UK’s red list, expected later today or tomorrow, the Foreign Office (FCDO) has removed its warning against non-essential travel to more than 30 countries."

https://www.independent.co.uk/travel/news-and-advice/uk-travel-update-red-list-b1933822.html

Red list of countries and territories

• Afghanistan
  • Angola
  • Argentina
  • Bolivia
  • Botswana
  • Brazil
  • Burundi
  • Cape Verde
  • Chile
  • Colombia
  • Congo (Democratic Republic)
  • Costa Rica
  • Cuba
  • Dominican Republic
  • Ecuador
  • Eritrea
  • Eswatini
  • Ethiopia
  • French Guiana
  • Georgia
  • Guyana
  • Haiti
  • Indonesia
  • Lesotho
  • Malawi
  • Mayotte
  • Mexico
  • Mongolia
  • Montenegro
  • Mozambique
  • Myanmar
  • Namibia
  • Nepal
  • Panama
  • Paraguay
  • Peru
  • Philippines
  • Réunion
  • Rwanda
  • Seychelles
  • Sierra Leone
  • Somalia
  • South Africa
  • Sudan
  • Suriname
  • Tanzania
  • Thailand
  • Trinidad and Tobago
  • Tunisia
  • Uganda
  • Uruguay
  • Venezuela
  • Zambia
  • Zimbabwe

• Like 1

It's become a joke now this Thai government couldn't run a Tap let alone control a Pandemic. For the sake of the Thai People go now.

• Haha 1

Thanks Fluke. 

I am not so sure “The Independent” is a reliable source (but that’s a personal opinion) the FCDO certainly have not removed the Red list countries. The photo I posted is current.

However, what with the recent announcement from TAT that they are opening sandbox type entry to the world. I wouldn’t hold your breath for Thailand’s status to change.

I do however hope that you are correct and that Thailand is given the green light. Then all tourists have to wait for, is TAT to drop the ridiculous hoops they expect tourists to jump through and rethink opening to countries where Covid is rampant.