News Forum - Pfizer Vaccine protection after 6 months: Covid 47%, Hospitalisation 90%

Thaiger

New data this week shows that the Pfizer vaccine which has proven to be 88% effective against Covid-19 dropped to just 47% efficacy six months after the second dose. The report published Monday in the Lancet public medical journal had originally been released in August before being peer-reviewed, and lays clear the need for booster shots as efficacy drops. Data from the study shows that it is likely in fact a drop-in efficacy and not the rise of more contagious variants as, while the vaccine may not prevent the transmission of a Covid-19 over time, the vaccine’s effectiveness in preventing […]

The post Pfizer Vaccine protection after 6 months: Covid 47%, Hospitalisation 90% appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

• Haha 1

"...lays clear the need for booster shots as efficacy drops."

American Big Tech/Big Pharma censors are happy to wield the axe to free-speech deemed  'misinformation' but will not touch this obvious misinformation. The fact that the vaccine fails so abysmally after only six months does not logically lead to the conclusion we need more of the same, quite the reverse. Unless of course you are also profiting from selling more. 

Edited by Buttaxe
  • Like 7

18 minutes ago, Buttaxe said:

"...lays clear the need for booster shots as efficacy drops."

American Big Tech/Big Pharma censors are happy to wield the axe to free-speech deemed  'misinformation' but will not touch this obvious misinformation. The fact that the vaccine fails so abysmally after only six months does not logically lead to the conclusion we need more of the same, quite the reverse. Unless of course you are also profiting from selling more. 

From the actual article:

The study showed that even against the Delta variant, the Pfizer vaccine was 93% effective in the first month, though after 4 months it declined to 53%. For other variants, it declined 30% from 97 to 67%. This is good news as many had feared the Delta variant could be what they call an escape variant that is mutated far enough that vaccines are of little effect against the strain, but this data suggests that is not the case.

You can of course take your chances by refusing the vaccine and take 0% protection and hope that you'll survive an infection without hospitalisation or death. If you survive it you'll have some natural immunity, which wanes as well and you'll be taking your chances again with the next infection.

To each their own.

• Like 4

Sorry. What you guys said to Sinovac when the study came out at 40% against Delta?  Now with Pfizer with lower than 50% it’s a good news …… ignorance or what

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, Remy said:

Sorry. What you guys said to Sinovac when the study came out at 40% against Delta?  Now with Pfizer with lower than 50% it’s a good news …… ignorance or what

Maybe you are confusing it with SinoPharm?

Sinovac is 51% effective against the original strain (manufacturer figure) and virtually zero against delta. Lately, China is flooding the internet with fake news to make it look better, but the research is clear, and so are the many hundreds of cases of delta-infection in sick healthcare workers who received only Sinovac. There is a reason why the people don't want it and why the government eventually started to mix and match...

• Like 5

I'd rather have 50% plus protection from Covid19 as opposed to 0% protection.

Its not rocket science as far as I'm concerned. 

Roll the dice, take your chance.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Remy said:

Except that isn't even remotely what the study says, and Sinovac isn't "40% against Delta" but closer to zero.

Contrary to this being "new data this week" this is simply the old data released two months ago that's now been peer reviewed.

Exactly as before, this shows that there is 90% protection from Pfizer against hospitalisation and death from Delta after six months, with considerably less efficacy against less severe effects (47%), as has been discussed here at length for some time, and like most others here I'm happy to live with that - pun intended, as before. 

This is simply, and sadly, bad reporting.

The reality of the studies, despite your "ignorance" and @Buttaxe's "misinformation", is that at Pfizer's peak its efficacy against Delta is 93%+ against Delta for all symptoms and 95%+ against hospitalization and death, while after six months that drops to 47% for all symptoms and 90% against hospitalization and death.

While not strictly on topic, as a comparison that compares to Sinovac's efficacy against Delta of little more than 0% against Delta at all times at all levels of severity.

• Like 4

Has anyone considered just losing weight and living a healthy lifestyle?  Rumor has it those are pretty effective at preventing major illness...

Edited by kmc
  • Like 6

3 hours ago, kmc said:

Has anyone considered just losing weight and living a healthy lifestyle?  Rumor has it those are pretty effective at preventing major illness...

doing that already for many years, but i am diabetic, so i do not think that will help me on this, i just not really like the idea of having another shot of pfizer ... got very sick on the second shot, but better a bit sick then dying or ending up in the hospital with some tubes in your mouth

Edited by Paco
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Bob20 said:

Maybe you are confusing it with SinoPharm?

Sinovac is 51% effective against the original strain (manufacturer figure) and virtually zero against delta. Lately, China is flooding the internet with fake news to make it look better, but the research is clear, and so are the many hundreds of cases of delta-infection in sick healthcare workers who received only Sinovac. There is a reason why the people don't want it and why the government eventually started to mix and match...

China are asses, wrong information for not to lose face and make money over their crappy vaccine. while they could have prevented all this from the first place... but their EGO is so much important then 4.55M deads....simply disgusting and brainless China... selfish pricks. how more they lie and do this how less respect they get and making a bad name for themself... China open your eyes for once  ( oh shit they can't) 😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Bob20 said:

You can of course take your chances by refusing the vaccine and take 0% protection and hope that you'll survive an infection without hospitalisation or death. If you survive it you'll have some natural immunity, which wanes as well and you'll be taking your chances again with the next infection.

To each their own.

You're arguing with yourself, also known as a Strawman, if it feels good, go for it, each to his own. 

I'm fully vaxxed. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Buttaxe said:

You're arguing with yourself, also known as a Strawman, if it feels good, go for it, each to his own. 

I'm fully vaxxed. 

Did you read my post?

"To each their own."

Not arguing with anyone...

• Haha 4

9 hours ago, kmc said:

Yeah a lot of panicked out of shape people who have not given a crap about their diet or their health or smoking or drinking now in panic mode pointing fingers and trying to get everyone vaccinated including even youth so they can feel safe.  Bad lifestyle choices is a principle driver of people getting hospitalized more so than taking a vaccine.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

So Pfizer for the first two and then Moderna for the booster. Looks like Moderna is riding the top spot now, but I am not unhappy one bit that I have already had 2 Pfizer.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, billywillyjones said:

Yeah a lot of panicked out of shape people who have not given a crap about their diet or their health or smoking or drinking now in panic mode pointing fingers and trying to get everyone vaccinated including even youth so they can feel safe.  Bad lifestyle choices is a principle driver of people getting hospitalized more so than taking a vaccine.  

Whilst you are once completely right that Covid19 claims more victims amongst those with a bad lifestyle and you seem to advocate a survival of the fittest scenario, do consider that the "physically fit" still have a larger chance of falling victim to the virus than the "mentally fit" who invented and then applied a vaccine.

And nobody is forcing the vaccine on anyone. You just accept the consequences of your choice, exactly like you ask from the physically unfit.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Bob20 said:

Whilst you are once completely right that Covid19 claims more victims amongst those with a bad lifestyle and you seem to advocate a survival of the fittest scenario, do consider that the "physically fit" still have a larger chance of falling victim to the virus than the "mentally fit" who invented and then applied a vaccine.

And nobody is forcing the vaccine on anyone. You just accept the consequences of your choice, exactly like you ask from the physically unfit.

Absolutely it is about free choice so no need to attack anyone unvaccinated or name call.  I myself have had Covid and the recent data indicated I have a higher chance of surviving Covid than the vaccinated due to antibodies.  So what is my motivation for vaccination? To placate comeone who is scared and panicked?

I fully encourage anyone to get vaccinated if they so desire.  My point is that bad lifestyle choices have made the virus worse for so many with bad livers, diabetes etc.   No need to put words in my mouth lol.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, billywillyjones said:

Absolutely it is about free choice so no need to attack anyone unvaccinated or name call.  I myself have had Covid and the recent data indicated I have a higher chance of surviving Covid than the vaccinated due to antibodies.  So what is my motivation for vaccination? To placate comeone who is scared and panicked?

I fully encourage anyone to get vaccinated if they so desire.  My point is that bad lifestyle choices have made the virus worse for so many with bad livers, diabetes etc.   No need to put words in my mouth lol.

I reread my post to be sure, but I'm not attacking or name-calling....

Sorry you had Covid, but your natural immunity is shown to wane just like the immunity acquired by the vaccines. So it does make sense to get boosted once that happens. Or else you roll the dice again...

• Like 1

Just now, Bob20 said:

I reread my post to be sure, but I'm not attacking or name-calling....

Sorry you had Covid, but your natural immunity is shown to wane just like the immunity acquired by the vaccines. So it does make sense to get boosted once that happens. Or else you roll the dice again...

I am not advocating survival of the fittest.  Recent studies are indicating antibody immunity of one year or more so I am in no need of any "booster" at this time. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, billywillyjones said:

I am not advocating survival of the fittest.  Recent studies are indicating antibody immunity of one year or more so I am in no need of any "booster" at this time. 

Feel free to share a link to that research.

3 minutes ago, billywillyjones said:

Don't think people choose to be diabetic do they I personally had friends at school with diabetes so children. In your scenario anyone who has been unfortunate in life and developed some illness they are cattle fodder and it's ok for them to die

Choice of freedom is paramount and my choice is to help protect others as well as myself by being vaccinated.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, kmc said:

Its worked great for me and my lady.    except i didn't have to change anything......just kept healthy,  as you suggest.    When I look at the millions of unhealthy humans walking,  or sitting and eating, around............ its pretty obvious why they are all scared.     

I guess heart disease,  diabetes,  blood pressure issues,  obesity ........... all those were not scary .   

• Like 2

Just received my 3rd Pfizer vaccine in the nick of time last week😓.

Still, regardless of all manner of mis-management and the best efforts of EU, PHE and UK politicians to f*&^ things up completely the good ship Britannia sails serenely on.

Freezer stuffed with Turkey and pigs in blankets, 50 gallons of petrol under the stairs, and a fridge full of beer and new world wine.

Only serious cloud on horizon now is that I might lose my senses, start exercising and the double by-pass  falls apart.

No vaccine available as yet for rank stupidity.🤔

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, Griff1315 said:

Don't think people choose to be diabetic do they I personally had friends at school with diabetes so children. In your scenario anyone who has been unfortunate in life and developed some illness they are cattle fodder and it's ok for them to die

Choice of freedom is paramount and my choice is to help protect others as well as myself by being vaccinated.

Are you kidding type 2 diabetes is often preventable with diet.  So someone who is obese and developing type 2 diabetes is unfortunate in life and cannot control their lifestyle?  Your argument is  irresponsible.  On one hand you are advocating some type of personal responsibility for being vaccinated then on the other you are dismissing any responsibillity for lifestyle.  

As I have said get vaccinated if you feel your preconditions or other factors put you at unnecessary  risk.  

Edited by billywillyjones
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, billywillyjones said:

Are you kidding type 2 diabetes is often preventable with diet.  So someone who is obese and developing type 2 diabetes is unfortunate in life and cannot control their lifestyle?  Your argument is as irresponsible as it is laughable.  On one hand you are advocating some type of personal responsibility for being vaccinated then on the other you are dismissing any responsbiblity for lifestyle.

If you could get off your high horse and read my post I specifically mentioned children who have diabetes not type 2. In your world getting old and sick is a crime punishable by death. Why does society bother having hospitals and doctors, your way is surely best just let the sick die problem solved.

Sad world you live in do you not have parents or grandparents or are they just not included in your ideology.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Griff1315 said:

If you could get off your high horse and read my post I specifically mentioned children who have diabetes not type 2. In your world getting old and sick is a crime punishable by death. Why does society bother having hospitals and doctors, your way is surely best just let the sick die problem solved.

Sad world you live in do you not have parents or grandparents or are they just not included in your ideology.

What are you smoking?  I never said anything remotely close that getting old and sick is a crime lol.  Please prevent rational responsble arguments or get off the beer.  You are inventing quotes in your mind.

• Like 1