News Forum - Widespread flooding easing across affected provinces

Thaiger

Officials say the widespread flooding that has affected Bangkok and several other provinces is showing signs of easing. However, there are already forecasts of another storm that could affect Thailand from next week. AP News reports that so far, 8 people have been killed by the floods, with 1 woman still missing. Thousands of homes have been affected, across 32 provinces. The floodwaters are now receding in 14 provinces, mostly in the north and north-east of the country, according to The Department of Disaster Prevention and Mitigation. However, areas of central Thailand are still battling rising water levels. In the […]

The post Widespread flooding easing across affected provinces appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Yes I too have been in a Bangkok non-stop downpour. In my country we have a saying "If it's flooded...forget it" (read don't drive through floodwaters). But the Thais......If it's flooded, it's just another thing I can brag to my friends about, so I go for it! 

Why are you Thai journalists so lazy? Just like in 2011, reports of major flooding are accompanied by a lot of BS talking, and MAYBE a random photo of high water somewhere that isn't identified (possibly a stock photo).

When there is a hurricane in the US, there are hundreds of photos from all over. I have friends living north of BKK who have driven to the river or their local town and taken photos. Why is that too much work for the Thai press?

1 hour ago, miblish51 said:

Why are you Thai journalists so lazy? Just like in 2011, reports of major flooding are accompanied by a lot of BS talking, and MAYBE a random photo of high water somewhere that isn't identified (possibly a stock photo).

When there is a hurricane in the US, there are hundreds of photos from all over. I have friends living north of BKK who have driven to the river or their local town and taken photos. Why is that too much work for the Thai press?

More often than not, during these flooding times, there is a plethora of coverage and tonnes of photos/videos across the Thai media spectrum - especially online and television coverage, less so through print as they have minimal space. This last month has been inundated with pics/videos/coverage at every turn.........I guess it depends on where one chooses to seek out such info. Might suggest that you broaden your news search.

17 minutes ago, Rain said:

More often than not, during these flooding times, there is a plethora of coverage and tonnes of photos/videos across the Thai media spectrum - especially online and television coverage, less so through print as they have minimal space. This last month has been inundated with pics/videos/coverage at every turn.........I guess it depends on where one chooses to seek out such info. Might suggest that you broaden your news search.

Perhaps he was hampered from seeing all the news with Facebook being down 😂

12 minutes ago, gummy said:

Perhaps he was hampered from seeing all the news with Facebook being down 😂

With all due respect, I trust he's not relying or depending on Thaiger News for anything substantial. 😇

On 10/5/2021 at 10:06 AM, Thaiger said:

Officials say the widespread flooding that has affected Bangkok and several other provinces is showing signs of easing. However, there are already forecasts of another storm that could affect Thailand from next week. AP News reports that so far, 8 people have been killed by the floods, with 1 woman still missing. Thousands of homes have been affected, across 32 provinces. The floodwaters are now receding in 14 provinces, mostly in the north and north-east of the country, according to The Department of Disaster Prevention and Mitigation. However, areas of central Thailand are still battling rising water levels. In the […]

The post Widespread flooding easing across affected provinces appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

This will sell like hotcakes in Thailand.

image.thumb.png.cfbeebd22e8e3d804d9fa13b6fe05e70.png