News Forum - Facebook, WhatsApp, Instagram are down as the Facebook data centre crashes

Thaiger

Facebook, WhatsApp and Instagram are all down on this Monday evening. Users of Facebook’s suite of social media platforms are all non-responsive as millions of users try to access their accounts. Users on mobile, desktop and tablets are all affected. Issues started around 22:44 Thai Time and are currently impacting users worldwide with the hashtag #facebookdown trending on Twitter. We’re sure Mr Zuckerberg and his team will be working tirelessly to bring the servers back online. In the meantime, you can always access The Thaiger for updates on the latest news out of Thailand.

The post Facebook, WhatsApp, Instagram are down as the Facebook data centre crashes appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

Users of Facebook’s suite of social media platforms are all non-responsive as millions of users try to access their accounts. Users on mobile, desktop and tablets are all affected.

The end of the world.

• Haha 4

18 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

Shares in Facebook.... I rather put my life savings in Dutch tulips.

Edited by DoUKnowWhoIAm
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, DoUKnowWhoIAm said:

Shares in Facebook.... I rather put my life savings in Duch tulips.

Alright, how many do you want? 🙄

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Bob20 said:

Alright, how many do you want? 🙄

Change my mind, just got an offer to invest in a resort project in a Thai national park. A safer bet than FB stocks and the tulip mania. All in!

• Haha 2
  • Cool 1

2 hours ago, Thaiger said:

Facebook, WhatsApp and Instagram are all down on this Monday evening. Users of Facebook’s suite of social media platforms are all non-responsive as millions of users try to access their accounts. Users on mobile, desktop and tablets are all affected. Issues started around 22:44 Thai Time and are currently impacting users worldwide with the hashtag #facebookdown trending on Twitter. We’re sure Mr Zuckerberg and his team will be working tirelessly to bring the servers back online. In the meantime, you can always access The Thaiger for updates on the latest news out of Thailand.

The post Facebook, WhatsApp, Instagram are down as the Facebook data centre crashes appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Ironically, people who only rely on Facebook for their news have no idea that it is not just them that can't access their account. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Lawyers_Guns_and_Money said:

Ironically, people who only rely on Facebook for their news have no idea that it is not just them that can't access their account. 

Ironically, bangkokpost is also hard-down. (Now, where is Thaiger going to get its stories from?)

23 minutes ago, S2k said:

Ironically, bangkokpost is also hard-down. (Now, where is Thaiger going to get its stories from?)

Probably just temporary as a neighbor business splices into the line from the street. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, S2k said:

A much more reliable and connected source[s]? 

How about real Thai sources?

38 minutes ago, Rain said:

A much more reliable and connected source[s]? 

How about real Thai sources?

Or else follow the government's lead and simply make it up as you go along 😂

4 hours ago, S2k said:

Actually I was trying message sis in uk re aging fathers health on fb and WhatsApp (our main 2 lines of contact) last night when problems occurred

Edited by Smithydog
Reference to other Forum removed
  • Like 1

The scale of this "attack" or whatever it turns out to be is unbelievable. Facebook doesn't have a "data center" they have massive data centers scattered all over the globe all networked together and all providing multiple redundancies. For this to happen everywhere, all at the same time is the biggest thing in the history of the internet. I am so glad I bailed on FB years ago, downloaded my data, and killed my account.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, JamesE said:

The scale of this "attack" or whatever it turns out to be is unbelievable. Facebook doesn't have a "data center" they have massive data centers scattered all over the globe all networked together and all providing multiple redundancies. For this to happen everywhere, all at the same time is the biggest thing in the history of the internet. I am so glad I bailed on FB years ago, downloaded my data, and killed my account.

Well that is exactly why I will never be reliant about storing anything in the "cloud" that all the big companies are attempting to push you into.  Foolish at the least to allow one organisation to hold your details. Encryption ? BS  it will always be cracked at some time in the future, and that is assuming that you don't suffer from being unable to access your data as can be seen from this massive outrage.  Now how long before the usual people blame it on the Chinese, N Koreans, Russians rather than perhaps a defect in the technology of the systems be it software or hardware ?

Who knows what the real issue and I bet what ever the reason for it us minions will never know the truth

3 minutes ago, HiuMak said:

Is my AIS wifi and 4G working?

image.thumb.png.3299672746d7f467e183b427516fb3cf.png

That's my hermit pal in outer Mongolia awaiting my next pigeon post arrival.😂 

2 minutes ago, gummy said:

Well that is exactly why I will never be reliant about storing anything in the "cloud" that all the big companies are attempting to push you into.  Foolish at the least to allow one organisation to hold your details. Encryption ? BS  it will always be cracked at some time in the future, and that is assuming that you don't suffer from being unable to access your data as can be seen from this massive outrage.  Now how long before the usual people blame it on the Chinese, N Koreans, Russians rather than perhaps a defect in the technology of the systems be it software or hardware ?

Who knows what the real issue and I bet what ever the reason for it us minions will never know the truth

My take: 

This latest and overwhelming glitch was a warning.

Next one will be permanent - FB and any other entity that they choose. 

"While the notorious mental mix-ups and communication dramas may be a headache, each retrograde offers us an opportunity to refine certain things. This includes the way we interact with each other as well as our environment. It’s a chance to clean up some of our mental clutter so we can become our brightest, sharpest, most sociable selves."

September 26 – October 18

Mercury Retrograde in Libra

Keywords: Relationship drama, indecisiveness, legal issues, imbalance

Libra is the sign of partnerships, so Mercury zooms in on our interpersonal relationships during this backspin. While your love life might feel strained or plagued by past dramas, this is a great time to address unresolved communication issues. It's also a good time to correct imbalances once and for all. (This applies to close one-on-one bonds within work and friendship, too!)

Conflict isn’t fun for anyone, but if drama bubbles up, we have an opportunity to work through them with Libra’s natural grace, diplomacy, and sense of balance on our side.

Mercury retrograde in Libra will also have us weighing the pros and cons of things without much clarity. Avoid making final decisions on important matters or signing contracts if you can help it.

While it’s great to consider your options, try to hold off on setting anything in stone until after the retrograde clears—especially if it’s legally binding. Otherwise, you could end up second-guessing yourself or losing a shot at a better deal.

The timing snags, communication issues, and technical glitches that we run into during this retrograde will be easier to manage when we embrace balance. Libra energy values fairness, harmony, and diplomacy. So, channel your inner mediator to diffuse drama and find the calm amidst this autumn retrograde storm.

https://www.horoscope.com/mercury-retrograde/mercury-retrogrades-2021/