News Forum - All countries now eligible for Thailand’s sandbox programme

Thaiger

The Thai government has got rid of its list of “approved countries”, opening up the sandbox tourism programme to fully vaccinated visitors from anywhere in the world. According to a Bangkok Post report, the Tourism Authority of Thailand has welcomed the move, which means Indonesian and Malaysian tourists can now visit the kingdom. Prior to Covid-19, Malaysia was Thailand’s second biggest source of foreign arrivals, with over 4 million Malaysian tourists arriving in 2019. In other positive news, the recently-announced reduction in mandatory quarantine also applies to those participating in sandbox programmes, with tourists now only required to spend 7 […]

The post All countries now eligible for Thailand’s sandbox programme appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

8 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

Malaysia was Thailand’s second biggest source of foreign arrivals, with over 4 million Malaysian tourists arriving in 2019.

Most of those people weren't going to Phuket, though.  Songkhla, Yala, Narathiwat, Pattani and Satun.

As none of those provinces or towns are sandboxed. So, we continue to economically die from the lack of 4 million Malaysian visitors annually.

• Like 1

desperation by a clueless admin,tourist who have been fully vaccinated,can still carry the virus,but when 70% of thailand havent been vaccinated,the alarm bells will be deafening .get your own house in order firstly and then open up safely

• Like 3

It's good that we have so many experts on hand. Thailand will be saved with all your important advice.

That's if they read this forum, by the way. 😀

5 minutes ago, Poolie said:

It's good that we have so many experts on hand. Thailand will be saved with all your important advice.

That's if they read this forum, by the way. 😀

Perhaps you could tell your pals in the Thai government to start reading this forum and then most certainly they will learn a thing or to.

Just now, gummy said:

Perhaps you could tell your pals in the Thai government to start reading this forum and then most certainly they will learn a thing or to.

If they do, we'd be on a plane together soon, as I'm sure advising is seen as work 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, Bob20 said:

If they do, we'd be on a plane together soon, as I'm sure advising is seen as work 🤣

Either that or they will be having a dog meat festival in Phuket because they read the wrong thread 😂

19 minutes ago, harry1 said:

desperation by a clueless admin,tourist who have been fully vaccinated,can still carry the virus,but when 70% of thailand havent been vaccinated,

But they only care about the poor little Phuket ….. which they keep telling us is over 70% vaccinated with two doses and now well on the way to a third! 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, gummy said:

Yes of course they will. Thaiger Talk is known throughout Government as the font of all knowledge. Its most remiss of them not to have it on permanently all day.

• Like 1

Just now, AdvocatusDiaboli said:

But they only care about the poor little Phuket ….. which they keep telling us is over 70% vaccinated with two doses and now well on the way to a third! 

Well, it's nearly 100% vaccination rate actually!

Just that it's against measles, mumps, polio and tetanus... 🥴

I bet all countries are thrilled to visit alcohol free entertainment spots. Chinese didn't come, Indians not coming, but quality tourists from Burkina Faso already lining up to get a visa at the Thai Embassies 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, AlexPTY said:

I bet all countries are thrilled to visit alcohol free entertainment spots. Chinese didn't come, Indians not coming, but quality tourists from Burkina Faso already lining up to get a visa at the Thai Embassies 

You forgot my hermit friend from Outer Mongolia😂

'The Phuket sandbox programme was launched on July 1 and since then, has welcomed over 38,000'

so it was 28k in 2 months,14k a month, now only 10k in this 3rd month.. makes sense then to allow everyone and everything to enter Thailand now🙃

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Malc-Thai said:

'The Phuket sandbox programme was launched on July 1 and since then, has welcomed over 38,000'

so it was 28k in 2 months,14k a month, now only 10k in this 3rd month.. makes sense then to allow everyone and everything to enter Thailand now🙃

Makes sense. They should give TAT another 150 billion baht for their next PR campaign.

I'm sure there's one Eskimo that they haven't reached yet who wants to come thaw out!

• Like 1

Just now, Bob20 said:

Makes sense. They should give TAT another 150 billion baht for their next PR campaign.

I'm sure there's one Eskimo that they haven't reached yet who wants to come thaw out!

Not with global warming, they can stay at home and avoid the rush 😂

20 minutes ago, AlexPTY said:

NO sadly i have to inform you the party of 3 from Burkina Faso cancelled

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Bob20 said:

Maybe green blubber curry will attract the Eskimo's

My first concern is for the people of Phuket and every other population in major tourist places in Thailand. Without real vaccination numbers, these people are exposed to infection. The concept of a sandbox, is vaccinated visitors to a vaccinated population. If you can't guarantee that, people won't come. 

18 minutes ago, Malc-Thai said:

Maybe green blubber curry will attract the Eskimo's

We already have fermented fish for them, if there's any left from throwing it 🤭

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, Jason said:

My first concern is for the people of Phuket and every other population in major tourist places in Thailand. Without real vaccination numbers, these people are exposed to infection. The concept of a sandbox, is vaccinated visitors to a vaccinated population. If you can't guarantee that, people won't come. 

Yes mine too.. living here amongst it and only today my second vaccine! Many people here don't want the vaccine.. many thais have come here to work and domestic visitors have different requirements of 2 vaccine then pcr or antigen test up to 7 days old and no check after arrival..  if covids coming it's not from tourist's abroad . They get caught in testing after arrival.... sadly I think  its going to open with or without the required vaccinated numbers needed!