News Forum - Activists call on Facebook and Twitter to follow YouTube’s lead in blocking anti-vax content

Thaiger

As there is nothing in the way of clinical studies of the adverse effects, and we have no idea who those people are, what they suffered from, or any other data. What we do know is that the anti-vax movement is using stats such as these, to create fear, and discourage society from being reasonable, and doing what it can to prevent further spread. 

Let's deal with facts for a moment. We do know that we'll over 5 billion have received at least one dose worldwide, and over 2 billion have been fully vaccinated, according to multiple sources. If you take a body of 2 billion people, 1.5 million or one tenth of one percent, are going to get sick from something every year. Was it the vaccine? Do we know? Will we ever know? 

The 15,000 deaths are far less interesting, as they represent less deaths than would normally occur, from such a huge population group. In 2015, 55 million people died of something worldwide. That is about 4.6 million people per month. So, the 15,000 means less than zero, within a group that huge, lacking any clinical evidence.

I am far more interested in science, than I am in fear mongering. And even though I am not a VAX guy, I feel at this time, getting a high quality vaccine represents a reasonable fulfillment of an obligation to society, and a minor sacrifice for anti-vax people to make. Doubly so for the ones who run around draping themselves in a flag of patriotism. 

Refusing to take a vaccine, to benefit society and bring society back, is about as sensible as believing the earth is flat. Imagine making a sacrifice for your country? What a concept. These same people who drape themselves with a false flag of patriotism, would wet their pants if they were ever asked to truly protect their nation or serve in any manner.

Alot of Americans have strange notions about the vaccine. And since 97% of new Covid cases are from people who are NOT vaccinated, these notions seem to be misplaced, and likely very unscientific. And all of this is coming from someone who is NOT a VAX guy. But, does there not come a time when you have to set your personal notions aside for the greater good? 

A kindergartener has to have some vaccines before being allowed into school, pandemic or not. I know you think you're being brave by doing this based on a "principle," but are you at least as brave as a kindergartener? See ya. You will not be missed.

A friend of mine was invited to a baby shower in the US. They sent me this message. 

Melanie is invited to a baby shower where both the mommy to be and her husband are determined anti-Vaxxers.  Everybody going to the party has been vaccinated. The host is requiring all guests, who have already been vaccinated, to take a Covid test before they come because they have not been vaccinated and won’t do so.

Huh? Because of your stubborn sense of entitlement, you want every guest to get tested before coming? America the beautiful. LOL. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, dmacarelli said:

As there is nothing in the way of clinical studies of the adverse effects, and we have no idea who those people are, what they suffered from, or any other data. What we do know is that the anti-vax movement is using stats such as these, to create fear, and discourage society from being reasonable, and doing what it can to prevent further spread. 

I think someone posted this before, it sounds familiar?

This whole Covid situation is something that needs everyone's cooperation, from masks and handwashing to lockdowns and vaccination.

We now see in western highly vaccinated countries that vaccination becomes compulsory or you lose your job (for example in care-homes).

It was never any different for certain professions even before Covid and it never attracted criticism 

The ones not accepting the rules of society place themselves outside of it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Bob20 said:

I think someone posted this before, it sounds familiar?

This whole Covid situation is something that needs everyone's cooperation, from masks and handwashing to lockdowns and vaccination.

We now see in western highly vaccinated countries that vaccination becomes compulsory or you lose your job (for example in care-homes).

So those same doctors and nurses who worked for 1-1,5 years among Covid patients day after day unvaxxed are now supposedly the problem makers?! HA! They were in most cases infected and for most of them it was maybe a bad flu for few days. They have natural immunity.

Maybe they have seen and heard too many vaccine injury cases and refuse to take the risk. Even if it means losing their job. They hardly take their advice from Youtube, do they?

This is just another example of wokesters trying to impose their will upon the populace without any regards to consequences. Already chronic personnel shortages becoming critical.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, JackIsAGoodBoy said:

So those same doctors and nurses who worked for 1-1,5 years among Covid patients day after day unvaxxed are now supposedly the problem makers?! HA! They were in most cases infected and for most of them it was maybe a bad flu for few days. They have natural immunity.

Maybe they have seen and heard too many vaccine injury cases and refuse to take the risk. Even if it means losing their job. They hardly take their advice from Youtube, do they?

This is just another example of wokesters trying to impose their will upon the populace without any regards to consequences. Already chronic personnel shortages becoming critical.

I would imagine those who have seen first hand the impact of Covid, will already be fully vaccinated. Those who are unable to be vaccinated for medical reasons are very unlikely to have been working in High risk areas in hospitals. The people these laws are aimed at are those working in other parts of hospitals or care homes and for whatever reason, simply will not be told what to do. It’s “their rights”. Well I’m sorry, democratically elected governments have passed laws that say you have to get the vaccine or find another job. It’s the law and like all laws you have to follow them. If you don’t like the laws then vote in a new government or move to another country. All a bit extreme when all people are being asked to do is have consideration for others in society and get vaccinated. Utterly ridiculous to make a stand on the principle of choice. They have a choice. Take the vaccine or take a new job. If the choice was take the vaccine or go to jail then I may spare them some sympathy. 

2 hours ago, Soidog said:

All a bit extreme when all people are being asked to do is have consideration for others in society and get vaccinated. Utterly ridiculous to make a stand on the principle of choice. They have a choice. Take the vaccine or take a new job. If the choice was take the vaccine or go to jail then I may spare them some sympathy. 

Don't complain then if there are a shortage of personnel to treat your case because you yourself said "take the vaccine or take a new job". Eat your pain and quit bitching. Or it could be someone from your family or friend...

The patients are going to suffer and in some cases die especially in care homes because the chronic shortage is going to become critical. Already national guard doctors called in in some states. Totally ridiculous.

Edited by Smithydog
Expletive Removed
  • Like 4

50 minutes ago, JackIsAGoodBoy said:

Don't  complain then if there are a shortage of personnel to treat your case because you yourself said "take the vaccine or take a new job". Eat your pain and quit bitching. Or it could be someone from your family or friend...

The patients are going to suffer and in some cases die especially in care homes because the chronic shortage is going to become critical. Already national guard doctors called in in some states. Totally ridiculous.

“Don’t complain? I wasn’t the one complaining, you were. Also that “chronic” shortage you claim will happen is easily solved then. Take the vaccine and help the people they claim to want to help and stay in the job they claim to love. 

BTW, I’ll be fine. In my 50’s, fit and healthy and one other important thing. I’ve had two doses of vaccine and a booster coming up in November. Worry about yourself. 

Edited by Smithydog
Expletive Removed

27 minutes ago, Soidog said:

“Don’t complain? I wasn’t the one complaining, you were. Also that “chronic” shortage you claim will happen is easily solved then. Take the vaccine and help the people they claim to want to help and stay in the job they claim to love. 

BTW, I’ll be fine. In my 50’s, fit and healthy and one other important thing. I’ve had two doses of vaccine and a booster coming up in November. Worry about yourself. 

Have it ever crossed your mind these doctors and nurses refusing to take the jab maybe are so scared of that jab they rather quit their jobs or get fired? That kind of fear does not come out of nowhere most certainly.

They are so supposedly "selfish" they rather lose their very good monthly income instead than take the jab. How in the hell is that selfish?! Do you have any idea how ridiculous that sounds?!

You are trying to put a square peg in to the round hole by force, logically speaking.

The only logical explanation is that there are too many vaccine injuries they have seen or heard. Not just one or two random cases but simply too many. They are not easily frightened, dealing with gun shot, traffic accident and OD victims daily.

Edited by Smithydog
Expletive removed rom quote
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, JackIsAGoodBoy said:

Have it ever crossed your mind these doctors and nurses refusing to take the jab maybe are so scared of that jab they rather quit their jobs or get fired? That kind of fear does not come out of nowhere most certainly.

They are so supposedly "selfish" they rather lose their very good monthly income instead than take the jab. How in the hell is that selfish?! Do you have any idea how ridiculous that sounds?!

You are trying to put a square peg in to the round hole by force, logically speaking.

The only logical explanation is that there are too many vaccine injuries they have seen or heard. Not just one or two random cases but simply too many. They are not easily frightened, dealing with gun shot, traffic accident and OD victims daily.

I doubt very much these are doctors and senior nursing staff by the thousands. It’s likely Junior nurses or care home nurses. Most medical staff know the chaos this pandemic is causing and happy to play their part in keeping people safe. They are also use to having vaccinations in order to work in hospitals. Hepatitis jabs are routine for such people. 

There will be a handful of people who for medical reasons are unable to get vaccinated; though I doubt these are nurses and doctors. If they are, then I hope they will either be offered another job in the healthcare system or be compensated. However, I suspect the majority are just the usual “I know my rights” or simply looking for a nice face saving way out of a job they simply find too demanding. 

Stop moaning. Stop procrastinating and do your duty to society. Get vaccinated 

2 minutes ago, Soidog said:

Stop moaning. Stop procrastinating and do your duty to society. Get vaccinated 

"Stop thinking, government knows the best!". Obedient little sheep. They could jab you up with whatever poison and all you would say, thank you, sir, may I have another? 🤣

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Zool said:

Russia would become the beacon of free speech,

If you believe that, you are truly deluded.

They are talking about preventing and blocking misinformation, false information.  Lies.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, JackIsAGoodBoy said:

"Stop thinking, government knows the best!". Obedient little sheep. They could jab you up with whatever poison and all you would say, thank you, sir, may I have another? 🤣

Not government. Scientific experts. 

• Haha 1