BBC News - Covid threat looms over Thailand's plans to open up to tourists

Bob20

I think they'd have to arrive through a sandbox. 

Some walls and fences around airports are pretty high, but I'm sure a few people are bound to notice Chinese planes flying in and out 🤣

Not to mention follow them online on flightpaths.

3 hours ago, Bob20 said:

I think they'd have to arrive through a sandbox. 

Some walls and fences around airports are pretty high, but I'm sure a few people are bound to notice Chinese planes flying in and out 🤣

Not to mention follow them online on flightpaths.

But let us not forget, transponders can be deactivated.

4 minutes ago, gummy said:

But let us not forget, transponders can be deactivated.

I was suggesting that you might see them take off and land 😉

And all the same if they change code or switch off the transponder, no civil flight will leave IFR without flight plan, so it still wouldn't go unnoticed.

14 minutes ago, Bob20 said:

I was suggesting that you might see them take off and land 😉

And all the same if they change code or switch off the transponder, no civil flight will leave IFR without flight plan, so it still wouldn't go unnoticed.

"Not to mention follow them online on flightpaths."

My response was really in reply to that last item of yours.

12 minutes ago, gummy said:

"Not to mention follow them online on flightpaths."

My response was really in reply to that last item of yours.

Maybe we're at different wavelengths or I've been in the sun too long today? 🤔☺️ A few planes full of people aren't going to save the industry here and no pilot will leave without lodging a flight plan or turn off his transponder to hide a few tourists 🤭 The guys in a dark bedroom following flightpaths on a website will be the least of their worries 🤣🤣🤣

5 minutes ago, Bob20 said:

Maybe we're at different wavelengths or I've been in the sun too long today? 🤔☺️ A few planes full of people aren't going to save the industry here and no pilot will leave without lodging a flight plan or turn off his transponder to hide a few tourists 🤭 The guys in a dark bedroom following flightpaths on a website will be the least of their worries 🤣🤣🤣

Definitely different wavelengths as I was alluding to certain people who prefer not to be tracked. But let's leave it at that for this thread as I shot off at  a tangent on that one.

3 hours ago, Bob20 said:

The guys in a dark bedroom following flightpaths on a website will be the least of their worries

Hey! I resemble that remark.

On 10/2/2021 at 10:35 AM, Bob20 said:

It's on the red-list and won't be coming off of it soon, so not much to worry there. Everyone returning to the UK from Thailand gets to stay in a nice room for near enough £2500. And going to Thailand from the UK is difficult as there are virtually no flights.

Basic point is that other countries are not stupid and see through the smoke and mirrors here.

Same as how the vaccination drive that the PM claimed did 1.44m jabs on 25 September, today shows up in the official figures as just short of 475.000!

Loads of flights going to Thailand daily via the Middle East. Emirates, Qatar, Etihad, and Gulf all have regular flights.

10 hours ago, Poolie said:

When was this? Recently? I have no idea.

According to all the 'experts' on here, China has banned their citizens from overseas travel.

Not the case, as far as I know.

I know tour groups are banned from travelling,single business men are probably ok to travel,don't know what happens when they return to China.

13 hours ago, Poolie said:

I thought so. There's nothing in the news here, or any friends telling me we can't travel. Just to be aware of the quarantine on return.

As far as i'm aware in the uk if i want to fly to Thailand i can, but no one will go while there on a Red list.

2 hours ago, Tjampman said:

there is a plethora of quantum wavelengths because when you mentioned turning of the transponder I thought you were alluding to flight Malaysia 370.

😱

Well that could have been another example perhaps