News Forum - Police search for Australian man who allegedly raped a Thai masseuse

Thaiger

11 minutes ago, Soidog said:

Do you have the statistics for Thailand @Yinn? Just nice to compare these negative things 

The suspect may not be a local and seems to have committed offences in several places he went to on the same red motocross motorcycle without a licence plate,” Pol Maj Gen Nopakao said.

He said the same man is believed to have molested a schoolgirl in Ban Phai district the same day. 

link 

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/2190963/foreign-biker-sought-for-rape-of-masseuse

5 minutes ago, Yinn said:

The suspect may not be a local and seems to have committed offences in several places he went to on the same red motocross motorcycle without a licence plate,” Pol Maj Gen Nopakao said.

He said the same man is believed to have molested a schoolgirl in Ban Phai district the same day. 

link 

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/2190963/foreign-biker-sought-for-rape-of-masseuse

Thanks Yinn, Hope he's soon caught.

5 minutes ago, Yinn said:

link 

Thanks for the link @Yinn, but that doesn’t address my question regarding data for violence against women in Thailand. Don’t worry if you can’t find it. Like many countries, Thailand regards violence against women as being a family matter. The same attitude prevailed in my own country much before the late 1960’s. Consequently few cases are investigated by police unless they are extreme crimes such as murder. 

There is no doubt that the whole world still has a long way to go when it comes to violence and especially violence against women. Only yesterday a policeman here in the U.K. was sentenced to life for abducting, raping and murdering a young woman. Much much more needs to be done to curtail violence. We are an odd species us humans. On the one hand we claim to deplore violence, yet on the other we promote things like cage fighting where two people get in the ring and beat the sh*t out of each other for “sport” and entertainment. Seems we have a long way to go before we are truly civilised…  

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Soidog said:

Thanks for the link @Yinn, but that doesn’t address my question regarding data for violence against women in Thailand. Don’t worry if you can’t find it. Like many countries, Thailand regards violence against women as being a family matter. The same attitude prevailed in my own country much before the late 1960’s. Consequently few cases are investigated by police unless they are extreme crimes such as murder. 

There is no doubt that the whole world still has a long way to go when it comes to violence and especially violence against women. Only yesterday a policeman here in the U.K. was sentenced to life for abducting, raping and murdering a young woman. Much much more needs to be done to curtail violence. We are an odd species us humans. On the one hand we claim to deplore violence, yet on the other we promote things like cage fighting where two people get in the ring and beat the sh*t out of each other for “sport” and entertainment. Seems we have a long way to go before we are truly civilised…  

I understand what your getting at and to my knowledge violence against women from Thai men is fairly common place in Thailand.  However this in no way distracts from the fact that this scum bag needs to be caught quickly and dealt with in accordance with the laws of the land.

Hope and pray she recovers quickly from this ordeal.

The wife has just told me that the woman has woken up but because of her injuries to the face and throat she is unable to speak at the moment. The shop owner has been interviewed and said that there is a camera in the desk area of the shop which captured a lot of the attack and it has been handed over to the police. With camera footage it is going to be hard to deny what had happened.

54 minutes ago, Yinn said:

She will not die. She in hospital. Just show the news on PPTV36

Good I am glad to hear it 👍

So the 90 day reporting isn't helping against sex offenders? Weird I always felt like one living under Thai laws.

Edited by Ynwaps

6 minutes ago, Russell said:

With camera footage it is going to be hard to deny what had happened.

Unless your name is Joe Ferrari of course. 

Joe Motocross?

24 minutes ago, Soidog said:

Good points SD - I worked for a Kuwaiti bank and their attitude to women was unbelievable. One guy I know had a foul temper for weeks and no-one knew why - it transpired it was because his wife gave birth to a daughter !!

Its a generational thing that won't get sorted out for hundreds of years IMO.

I deplore any kind of violence against women - makes me sick to the stomach to see it. (have jumped in to stop it once or twice), I hope they catch this guy and he gets a decent sentence. Do you remember the Kevin Smitham case from 2018, loud mouthed moron, kicked his girlfriend to death because she refused him sex, left her on the porch to die while he went to bed. He went to jail on remand I think and was mysteriously found dead on the roof ! Police signed it off as suicide. No loss.

More needs to be done for sure starting with making it not acceptable followed by hefty prison sentences. But its going to be another 1000 years before you get an arab to acknowledge women are equal!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Benroon said:

If she dies it would probably also be 5-10 years. It surprises a lot of people that sentences for murder frequently aren't severe here. Add to that that if they behave they get two years off their sentence every year, after 10 years, for the king and queens birthdays. That wipes out a heavy sentence in no time

Tell that to Lee Aldhouse who got 50 years jail sentence for murder here .

His sentence will depend on the circumstances , if it turns out the sex was consensual and he pushed her and she fell over and got injured , he will get sentenced for that .

If he raped her and tried to kill her , he could be looking at 10 years or so . 

Where did you get that info about getting aa two year reduction every year after ten years?

Some well behaved prisoners get a slight sentence reduction  on the Kings birthday , thats only a select few though  

1 hour ago, Soidog said:

Do you have the statistics for Thailand @Yinn? Just nice to compare these negative things 

It may be hard for you to find official numbers. Best I could find is shown in attached. As you can see “Official National Statistics not available”. I think this shows just how serious the authorities take the problem. 

55352F6D-005E-44B9-A95E-F47B189C1301.jpeg

They would be meaningless - it's barely an offence. I had a golf caddie once who's then husband fractured her skull in a drunken rage - I asked her what he got (as in prison sentence) and she just smiled. She said it would be a total waste of time reporting it to the police who in the unlikely event they were interested, would just enrage the moron more and she would get another kicking.

Her only option was to leave and take the kids with her - sadly some can't even do that and the beatings are part of the marriage with an impotent law to back them up.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Griff1315 said:

I understand what your getting at and to my knowledge violence against women from Thai men is fairly common place in Thailand.  However this in no way distracts from the fact that this scum bag needs to be caught quickly and dealt with in accordance with the laws of the land.

Hope and pray she recovers quickly from this ordeal.

Couldn’t agree more @Griff1315👍🏻

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Benroon said:

They would be meaningless - it's barely an offence. I had a golf caddie once who's then husband fractured her skull in a drunken rage - I asked her what he got (as in prison sentence) and she just smiled. She said it would be a total waste of time reporting it to the police who in the unlikely event they were interested, would just enrage the moron more and she would get another kicking.

Her only option was to leave and take the kids with her - sadly some can't even do that and the beatings are part of the marriage with an impotent law to back them up.

Yes I agree. It happens in all countries but at least in some, there is a level of protection from the law. I just find it totally incredible that a man could do that to a woman. What kind of sick fu*k would do that. I think these kind of men are violent generally. The same A-holes you see playing the big guy in bars etc.  

5 minutes ago, Benroon said:

Another reason on top of the money side why thai girls want ferang husbands.

The moneys probably most important though.....🤣🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Griff1315 said:

Reminds me of the guy who wrote the book Money Number 1. A few years back he decided to check out a few places and see if the girls still regarded money as Number 1. A couple of places he went to confirmed the assumption. Then at the third place he asked a girl what she thought. To his surprise she disagreed with him and said “No No, Farang is number 1”. Somewhat taken back,  he asked her why she thought that. To which she replied…… “Farang have lot of money”!! 

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Fluke said:

Tell that to Lee Aldhouse who got 50 years jail sentence for murder here .

His sentence will depend on the circumstances , if it turns out the sex was consensual and he pushed her and she fell over and got injured , he will get sentenced for that .

If he raped her and tried to kill her , he could be looking at 10 years or so . 

Where did you get that info about getting aa two year reduction every year after ten years?

Some well behaved prisoners get a slight sentence reduction  on the Kings birthday , thats only a select few though  

I said 'frequently' - however high profile cases often get bigger sentences - I know of a rich thai woman who organised a hit that's got life and would ordinarily not even step foot in a prison owing to her wealth, however she has been told she is likely to serve life as the US embassy got involved and keep tabs on the case. She is now paying the price not only for her crime but for thailand being in the US pocket. Its about face.

'Select few' last year was 200,000 out of a population of roughly 300,000 - not really a few is it. However the queens birthday reduction I'm not so sure now - I got this from a lawyer who was prosecuting a girl who killed a friend of ours but can't find anything on that. Perhaps that's ad hoc as well ?

12 minutes ago, Soidog said:

Yes I agree. It happens in all countries but at least in some, there is a level of protection from the law. I just find it totally incredible that a man could do that to a woman. What kind of sick fu*k would do that. I think these kind of men are violent generally. The same A-holes you see playing the big guy in bars etc.  

Playing the big guy until a big guy steps in that is. I've warned many that their attitude is going to give them a huge problem here but do they listen ? You see it all the time.

One place you don't step on toes is Thailand and if you think its going to impress your mates if you knock a bar girl around, be ready for when she or the bar owner calls her cousins in !

14 minutes ago, Griff1315 said:

I think there's nothing between them - for sure they have a reputation for the money but I can see in many faces they just want a content life without a drunken workshy husband (not all) and a nice standard of living. Don't we all.

I don't blame them for going after it.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Benroon said:

I think there's nothing between them - for sure they have a reputation for the money but I can see in many faces they just want a content life without a drunken workshy husband (not all) and a nice standard of living. Don't we all.

I'm only looking at the funny side. Personally I have been happily married ( if that's not a contradiction in words) for 17 years to a loving Thai lady that I would not ever want to lose. Best thing I ever did.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Benroon said:

Playing the big guy until a big guy steps in that is. I've warned many that their attitude is going to give them a huge problem here but do they listen ? You see it all the time.

One place you don't step on toes is Thailand and if you think its going to impress your mates if you knock a bar girl around, be ready for when she or the bar owner calls her cousins in !

Yes I agree mate. Some years back I was in a small bar in Phuket when an Aussie guy came in to the bar and had obviously had a problem with a girl. I heard him tell his two mates that she turned out to be a fella, so he decked her! About 10 mins later two motorbikes turned up with four Thai guys on the back. Next thing the ladyboy arrived, pointed to the guy and all hell broke out. He took a quick beating and it was all over in under a minute. Blood everywhere and justice served Thai style 😂😂. Do not fight a Thai in Thailand. You can not win and lucky to get out alive. 

12 minutes ago, Benroon said:

Agreed @Benroon . If you take the time to stand back and look at many such situations, I do often feel sorry for the girl. I honestly believe that the majority of young attractive Thai girls would of course much rather have a young man from their own culture speaking their own language to take care of them and be a good partner in life. Problem is they are few and far between if you come from a poor background. So in many cases they settle for a contented but compromised life with someone who is less than ideal. The problem I have is the ones who have that life, sometimes with a very decent guy who totally adores them and is prepared to help with their kids from previous Thai relationships (Thai man never to be seen again). They provide security, a home and remove any money worries and yet they still mess it up by playing around. Gambling and generally being a pain in the ass. I’ve seen too many people get in that type of relationship and it’s not for me. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Griff1315 said:

You talk about thai prostitute girls want farang husbands right? 
Most normal girl not want farang. Some sure, minority.

For foreigner Korea guy more popular than farang. 
Most Thai woman want good Thai man, not farang. Sure

• Haha 1