News Forum - Officials expect tens of billions of baht in Phuket tourism revenue in next 6 months

Thaiger

Four of my friends from England normally meet me in Thailand at the end of March/early April and we do a week playing golf in Thailand. Speaking to them today, they have decided to forget it in 2022 and are now planning their trip to Spain instead. I tried to suggest they wait a few months to see what develops. However, the view was that they couldn’t be assured the restrictions would be lifted in time. When I suggested we meet in Phuket and play golf there using the sandbox, they were still very unsure and asked what the process was. About 20 seconds in to explaining what is currently required, they interrupted me and said “you are joking. Forget it. Let’s leave it next year and do Spain instead”. I’m sure many many more potential tourists will be doing just the same. The COE and Insurance is the real issue. Not because of expense, but because you just don’t need the hassle.

Maybe the number From TAT needs to be revised down to 999,996 visitors to Phuket in the next 6 months? Personally I’d go with 99,996

On 9/30/2021 at 7:12 PM, Thaiger said:

The governor of the Tourism Authority of Thailand expects Phuket to welcome 1 million foreign visitors in the next 6 months. Yuthasak Supasorn says this will generate around 60 billion baht in tourism revenue, as a result of some travel restrictions being relaxed. “We expect the number of visitors will significantly increase in the final quarter factoring in the quarantine reduction from 14 to 7 days starting from October, while a consistent decrease in the infection rate benefits inbound markets in the upcoming high season.” The Bangkok Post reports that, in addition to the quarantine reduction, group applications are now […]

The post Officials expect tens of billions of baht in Phuket tourism revenue in next 6 months appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

I expect Salma Hayek to respond to the messages I've been sending to her on Instagram. Let's see which happens first.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Soidog said:

Four of my friends from England normally meet me in Thailand at the end of March/early April and we do a week playing golf in Thailand. Speaking to them today, they have decided to forget it in 2022 and are now planning their trip to Spain instead. I tried to suggest they wait a few months to see what develops. However, the view was that they couldn’t be assured the restrictions would be lifted in time. When I suggested we meet in Phuket and play golf there using the sandbox, they were still very unsure and asked what the process was. About 20 seconds in to explaining what is currently required, they interrupted me and said “you are joking. Forget it. Let’s leave it next year and do Spain instead”. I’m sure many many more potential tourists will be doing just the same. The COE and Insurance is the real issue. Not because of expense, but because you just don’t need the hassle.

Maybe the number From TAT needs to be revised down to 999,996 visitors to Phuket in the next 6 months? Personally I’d go with 99,996

I know loads of people who have decided not to come even my own family are giving it a miss 

11 minutes ago, Lowseasonlover said:

I know loads of people who have decided not to come even my own family are giving it a miss 

Sorry to hear you family won’t make it. I do think my friends are being a little hasty as things could improve significantly come January? They simply like to get it all booked and sorted before the end of the year. It all feels like the relaxation and vaccination plan will all be about 3 months too late to capture the high season 😔

25 minutes ago, Soidog said:

Sorry to hear you family won’t make it. I do think my friends are being a little hasty as things could improve significantly come January? They simply like to get it all booked and sorted before the end of the year. It all feels like the relaxation and vaccination plan will all be about 3 months too late to capture the high season 😔

They had it all booked to come when it first kicked of then the airlines cancelled all the flights, as in my own families position and I guess with a lot of people she cannot take that much time off work,

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Jason said:

Don't waste your time doing the calculations...... TAT...read Totally Absurd Thailand. Non Thais will remember the story of "The boy who cried Wolf".....Sooner or later, no one believes you....

I like the idea of a new acronym definition. Maybe 'Totally Absurd Totals'
Perhaps 'tat' says it all, seeing as their figures are always rubbish?

• Haha 1

On 10/3/2021 at 3:29 AM, Soidog said:

So, you flying to Spain, end of march, then?

;-)

25 minutes ago, Guest1 said:

So, you flying to Spain, end of march, then?

;-)

No, early April. Well they will be. I’ll be in Thailand. Why do you ask ? 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Soidog said:

No, early April. Well they will be. I’ll be in Thailand. Why do you ask ? 

Just wanted to find out how much you value the week of golf with your friends. If it can't /isn't happen before your doorstep. : Like I thought.

4 hours ago, Guest1 said:

Just wanted to find out how much you value the week of golf with your friends. If it can't /isn't happen before your doorstep. : Like I thought.

Oh I see. Sorry, I thought you were being kind and enquiring in a friendly way, silly me. 

You clearly don’t know anything about the current situation in Thailand or indeed the world. As I will be in Thailand from January having gone through the sandbox, if I can hop out to Spain for a weeks golf and return normally then I will do that. If on the other hand it would mean further multiple PCR tests, COE’s and another week in the Sandbox then my friends wouldn’t want me to go to all that trouble, just as I don’t want them to go to all the trouble to come to Thailand for 7-10 days. It’s called friendship and understanding. Google those words as it seems your life hasn’t yet allowed you to understand what they mean. 

Have a nice day now.