The Land of the Free...

JamesE

1 hour ago, JamesE said:

... right up until money is involved. There's always a first domino.

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-58731340

The US being the litigious society it is, it would not surprise me if the insurance carriers insisted on this by withdrawing cover unless crews etc were fully vaxxed in the event that an infection was traced back to an Airline employee.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JamesE said:

There are jobs where safety comes first. I wouldn't like the risk of an unvaccinated person getting/causing severe problems on a 12 hour flight, while they're supposed to be there for the safety of the passengers. And if they ask vaccination from every passenger, they can ask it from their staff too. Doctors have to be immunised against Hep.B and other jobs have requirements too.

They want the choice not to take the jab.

We have the choice whether we want them around.

Can't have their cake and eat it.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Bob20 said:

There are jobs where safety comes first. I wouldn't like the risk of an unvaccinated person getting severe problems on a 12 hour flight, while they're supposed to be there for the safety of the passengers. And if they ask vaccination from every passenger, they can ask it from their staff too. Doctors have to be immunised against Hep.B and other jobs have requirements too.

They want the choice not to take the jab.

We have the choice whether we want them around.

Can't have their cake and eat it.

In BC Canada we need vaccine cards to go to restaurants. I am very much in favor of the mandate...

However, restaurant employees don't need to be vaccinated or show proof!

Dumbest thing I have ever heard!!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, JohninDubin said:

The US being the litigious society it is, it would not surprise me if the insurance carriers insisted on this by withdrawing cover unless crews etc were fully vaxxed in the event that an infection was traced back to an Airline employee.

And if the employee is fully vaccinated? Or even the customer is also fully vaccinated? You still sue?

6 minutes ago, JohninDubin said:

I think you are exactly right. If this gets past the union lawsuits (and it will because United will argue that if employees demand the right to be unvaccinated then the employees, through the union, should assume the risk) then vaccinated passenger mandates come next. My guess is that United is the operator that will set the deal for the whole industry, much like US auto makers pick one to be the first to negotiate with unions.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Marc26 said:

In BC Canada we need vaccine cards to go to restaurants. I am very much in favor of the mandate...

However, restaurant employees don't need to be vaccinated or show proof!

Dumbest thing I have ever heard!!

Doesn't seem to make sense. At one venue, either you enforce the mandate for all or for no-one... 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bob20 said:

Doesn't seem to make sense. At one venue, either you enforce the mandate for all or for no-one... 

Especially since the servers are the ones interacting with the most people!

Just now, Marc26 said:

Especially since the servers are the ones interacting with the most people!

Soon they will advertise whether staff is vaccinated to attract customers. We see it here already with massage places who put up a notice, although two Sinovac jabs is the same as nothing really 🤨

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Bob20 said:

You're not looking at it right. With the vaccines many more of us can be infected because, shedding. BUT, to enable that shedding and the transmission of bioreplicated nanobots that Bill Gates is using to provide tracking data to Soros (or Soros, if you spell it backwards) you still need some "seeders" to make sure enough people get the virus to begin their lives as "hosts" and "nurseries" to the shedding "particles". Having unvaccinated servers function as "seeders" makes the whole process much more efficient.

• Haha 4

25 minutes ago, JamesE said:

You're not looking at it right. With the vaccines many more of us can be infected because, shedding. BUT, to enable that shedding and the transmission of bioreplicated nanobots that Bill Gates is using to provide tracking data to Soros (or Soros, if you spell it backwards) you still need some "seeders" to make sure enough people get the virus to begin their lives as "hosts" and "nurseries" to the shedding "particles". Having unvaccinated servers function as "seeders" makes the whole process much more efficient.

I put my vaccine through a coffee-filter first to remove the nano-particles and then rubbed out the arrow in my nose with an eraser where it stated "insert chip here". So I'll be okay, but not many people had coffee-filters and erasers at the jab-site, so I worry for them... 🥴

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

51 minutes ago, JamesE said:

Did you know that "setag" is "gates" spelt backwards?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Bob20 said:

Soon they will advertise whether staff is vaccinated to attract customers. We see it here already with massage places who put up a notice, although two Sinovac jabs is the same as nothing really 🤨

They already do it on golf courses - on two courses near me all the caddies are required to wear a ‘I’m vaccinated’ badge. 

No vaccine no job. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Benroon said:

They already do it on golf courses - on two courses near me all the caddies are required to wear a ‘I’m vaccinated’ badge. 

No vaccine no job. 

Wouldn't it be better if they had their vaccine certificate number, tattooed on their arm?

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, Faraday said:

Wouldn't it be better if they had their vaccine certificate number, tattooed on their arm?

I wass only following orders gruppenfurhrer.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Faraday said:

No need. It's encoded in the nanochips.

• Haha 3

9 hours ago, JamesE said:

So pilots should be able to fly without a pilots licence as well.  How about we get rid of all traffic lights and seat belts.  Maybe have cars and motorcycles braking systems engineered by someone without a degree

Science and society have always worked toward trying to make people/things safe - do you get it?  

I realize no one on here has ever been through a pandemic before.  So please give us all your historical worthless insight on how the world should react to a pandemic.  Dolts the lot of you.

Peace

https://www.theonion.com/what-to-say-to-someone-who-has-fallen-for-a-conspiracy-1847740476

• Like 2

4 hours ago, ExpatPattaya said:

I realize no one on here has ever been through a pandemic before.  So please give us all your historical worthless insight on how the world should react to a pandemic.

Comment of the year, there.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Benroon said:

No vaccine no job. 

You can buy those badges in JJ market Bangkok. 20 baht each or 10 for 150😉

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Soidog said:

You can buy those badges in JJ market Bangkok. 20 baht each or 10 for 150😉

If you wore ten badges, that means you must leak like a colander!

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, ExpatPattaya said:

I realize no one on here has ever been through a pandemic before.  So please give us all your historical worthless insight on how the world should react to a pandemic.  

That's a fair comment, but in some cases, the mistakes have been so obvious that no experience was needed. One example would be the UK. It had the benefit of being an island with border controls. It also had an 800 year repeated history of hearing of strange diseases in the Mediterranean, that eventually arrived in England a couple of years later. It was obvious that when CV got to the UK, it would be imported by foreign travel.

In spite of the benefits of having border controls and so much prior experience, they did not introduce CV border controls until July 2020. When the Transport Sec, Grant Shapps was asked why they had not been introduced, he answered, "Because the virus is already here".

More recently, he gave a a speech in the Commons where he boasted that the UK now had among the most stringent border controls in the world. When I heard that, I wanted to ask him, "Why do we need these? The virus is already here".

• Like 1