My food seller likes to lick the food she sells. Does your favorite vendor lick your food? How would you know?

OneAngryJew

1 hour ago, Benroon said:

What ??? He was trained under Marco Pierre White and worked under the Roux brothers, arguably the greatest chefs that have ever lived - where do you get this stuff from ???

Can he make som Tam? 

9 hours ago, Saltire said:

Sharing utensils in Thailand is an everyday occurence and is helping to prolong Covid in my view.

Weddings, funerals, blessings, pork BBQ restaurants etc all provide a serving spoon but people still dip their own personal spoon into all the dishes.

As I type there is a neighbours family gathering to await the demise of the grandmother, all sharing spoons and shot glasses etc. No masks and hearty (drunken) laughter at 10 AM. She has dozens of grandchildren and all are coming home now from many provinces. Latest arrivals all from Phuket.

It is something that will never change. If it hasn't changed in a pandemic, it never will.

Very true as to sharing of drinking vessels and dipping spoons. More likely to be connected to endemic hepatitis than covid which is primarily said to be a respiratory disease which despite the eating utensils involves a close gathering of people breathing on each other.

When a Chef taste tests food at cooking temps it is not as if they slurp it and run their tongue around the spoon or ladle. The opportunities to actually witness what happens in the "kitchen" are usually very minimal yet the majority of customers would assume trust. Yet  plenty of diners get  sick from such a dodgy shrimp salad which is highly unlikely had anyone preparing it  give a good suck on a shrimp to see if it was fresh or not!

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Benroon said:

What ??? He was trained under Marco Pierre White and worked under the Roux brothers, arguably the greatest chefs that have ever lived - where do you get this stuff from ???

You are aware of Marco Pierre White's opinion of Ramsay ?

1 hour ago, Convert54 said:

You are aware of Marco Pierre White's opinion of Ramsay ?

How is that important ?

He trained him regardless. It is absurd to suggest Ramsay isn't a chef! You don't get 3 Michelin stars by not being a chef (1 of only 135 on the planet)

Are you aware of the Roux brothers ?

10 minutes ago, Benroon said:

How is that important ?

He trained him regardless. It is absurd to suggest Ramsay isn't a chef! You don't get 3 Michelin stars by not being a chef (1 of only 135 on the planet)

Are you aware of the Roux brothers ?

Hmmmm 

i think Gordon Ramsay not so good. He burn the food.
The thai people help him. He not so polite. Idiot.

“F...ing” For what.

On 9/29/2021 at 10:33 PM, Benroon said:

How many Michelin Star restaurants are in Thailand again ?

There are a few.  What's your point?

1 hour ago, Yinn said:

Hmmmm 

“F...ing” For what.

Like I said you don’t get 3 Michelin stars by not being good. I wonder how those Thai chefs would be in a world class restaurant. Horses for courses. 

He’s a driven person thus needs perfection so the bad language comes out. Still it’s better to work hard than lie in a hammock all day getting drunk on cheap whiskey while your wife has go to work IMO

31 minutes ago, OneAngryJew said:

Read the thread instead of rushing to the keyboard before thinking, the point is blindingly obvious. 

6 hours ago, Benroon said:

Like I said you don’t get 3 Michelin stars by not being good. I wonder how those Thai chefs would be in a world class restaurant. Horses for courses. 

He’s a driven person thus needs perfection so the bad language comes out. Still it’s better to work hard than lie in a hammock all day getting drunk on cheap whiskey while your wife has go to work IMO

pfffft 
Thai food is famous around the world. Ramsay say it same. If watch video he also say they have Thai food in England pub. 
Have Thai restaurants every farang country and most other county. Thousands.
Have England restaurants Is other countrys? How many? Why not?  Because nobody want to eat it.

More people today eat food in Thai restaurant than Michelan restaurant. The people vote. I think Michelan people can not eat spicy food. Same Ramsay. 

Can not eat Michelan Star. You think important. Is not important. Just marketing. 

English food is famous around the world. For being terrible. Can google.

https://theoutline.com/post/8586/why-is-british-food-so-bad

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Benroon said:

Read the thread instead of rushing to the keyboard before thinking, the point is blindingly obvious.

How else would the forum continue to grow and attract new postings?

But the bigger question is, how does any of this 'Michelin star', 'Gordon Ramsay', 'English food sucks' address the issue of a complaint that a kitchen worker keeps using the same spoon over and over to sample dishes she is making?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Yinn said:

pfffft 
Thai food is famous around the world. Ramsay say it same. If watch video he also say they have Thai food in England pub. 
Have Thai restaurants every farang country and most other county. Thousands.
Have England restaurants Is other countrys? How many? Why not?  Because nobody want to eat it.

More people today eat food in Thai restaurant than Michelan restaurant. The people vote. I think Michelan people can not eat spicy food. Same Ramsay. 

Can not eat Michelan Star. You think important. Is not important. Just marketing. 

English food is famous around the world. For being terrible. Can google.

https://theoutline.com/post/8586/why-is-british-food-so-bad

Most of the food at Ramsay's restaurant wouldn't be strict English food

Although I've seen him make amazing classic English food like Beef Wellington

And he was trained in some of the best French restaurant by some of the best French chefs in the world

And although Thai food is very much global now

Most of western cooking is based in French culinary 

9 hours ago, OneAngryJew said:

Do they rate Thai restaurants. If not they can get lost. My favorite restaurant are usually small mom and pop places. Our usual place specializes in shrimps and it's five star for me. Occasionally they have helpers but mostly it the owner,cook, and his wife.

31 minutes ago, LoongFred said:

Do they rate Thai restaurants. If not they can get lost. My favorite restaurant are usually small mom and pop places. Our usual place specializes in shrimps and it's five star for me. Occasionally they have helpers but mostly it the owner,cook, and his wife.

yes. Michelan come Thailand 2018 first time.

They love it. And the Thai people. Say thai food better than English food. Land of smile because the food is very delicious!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Michelin_starred_restaurants_in_Thailand

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Yinn said:

pfffft 

Yes , quite often you see U.K pubs that changed from the traditional kind of pubs and are now a restaurant and also sell alcohol and  its the felang serving the beer and an Asian selling the food 

11 hours ago, Yinn said:

Hmmmm 

“F...ing” For what.

Maybe he is not used to cooking food in 10 inches of fat or adding 2lbs of sugar to most meals that have been left out in the sun for hours on end. Or maybe by adding so many spices to every meal it disguises just how bad the food is, I'm sure if you added the same spices to a piece of cardboard it would have the same taste as meat or whatever. 😂😂😂

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, MrStretch said:

How else would the forum continue to grow and attract new postings?

But the bigger question is, how does any of this 'Michelin star', 'Gordon Ramsay', 'English food sucks' address the issue of a complaint that a kitchen worker keeps using the same spoon over and over to sample dishes she is making?

Some immigrants to Thailand are trying to prove that British food is better than Thai food 

13 hours ago, Convert54 said:

give a good suck on a shrimp to see if it was fresh or not!

Yes , I always give a shrimp a quick taster first , a quick suck on it , it that shrimp tastes a bit fishy, that puts me right off the whole meal  and I do not proceed any further 

29 minutes ago, Fluke said:

A Gordon Ramsey breakfast from his restaurant which costs 25 Quid , 1000 Baht

PRI_164837232-640x360.jpg

80 baht for food, 920 baht for “michalan star” 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Fluke said:

Some immigrants to Thailand are trying to prove that British food is better than Thai food 

I see on this forum and another one English love to say their food is the best, best country, best education, best, best, best. 
Look down other people a lot, Chinese, Russia, India, especially Thai people, Thai man, Thai woman, Thai kids and Thailand. Complain, moan and groan,

But they move to live in Thailand. Very confusing.🤭

They will annoy read this post. Sure. 🤣

Same licking their food!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Yinn said:

Hmmmm 

“F...ing” For what.

As you can see in the videos from Thailand  , Gordon Ramsey is quite a respectful and polite nice guy.

When he is making food prorammes for television, he just acts rude and abusive .

It is why he is famous , people watch him on television because he gets angry and stressed out all the time  , so he does it on purpose