News Forum - Bangkok braces for flooding, 70,000 homes damaged in Thailand

Thaiger

With nearly 70,000 homes now reported flooded across 30 provinces in Thailand, authorities are bracing and preparing Bangkok for flooding. Tropical Storm Dianmu has pounded Thailand with heavy rains and 6 people have been reported to have lost their lives in the widespread flooding across the Northern and Central provinces. The Thai Disaster Prevention and Mitigation Department reports that the central region has been the worst hit and Bangkok is now facing flooding from runoff water from the north. The Chao Phraya River winds from the north of Thailand nearly 400 kilometres until passing through Bangkok. A cascading domino effect […]

The post Bangkok braces for flooding, 70,000 homes damaged in Thailand appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Despite the idiot PMs statement on the 16th and even others who stated that Bangkok will not flood, it now appears they have their pants in a twist because it is stated "They hope the advance preparation now will help avoid flooding like the 2011 monsoon season "

Now the fact that they now say "hope" indicates that there is more than an even chance it will flood. 

That will be a shame for all the people who are again at risk of flooding. Mind you thousands of people around the country have already suffered from flooding but as with all things with this regime they will no doubt only consider Bangkok of importance.

2 hours ago, Stonker said:

Three more tropical storms due next month, apparently, at weekly intervals.

For me I love it and bring them on. Nothing like sitting in my backyard on a rainy night having a drink. No mosquitos.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, HolyCowCm said:

For me I love it and bring them on. Nothing like sitting in my backyard on a rainy night having a drink. No mosquitos.

Didn't see that one coming after your pleas for solidarity re: vaccination 🤔

Don't be bending it the wrong way. Actually it is by myself and I make zero noise. Family and even the dogs have already went to bed. On non rainy nights I occasionally star gaze and otherwise put headphones on and play guitar or bass but that is in my house in a separate quiet room. I am only a threat and nuisance to myself.

26 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

Don't be bending it the wrong way. Actually it is by myself and I make zero noise. Family and even the dogs have already went to bed. On non rainy nights I occasionally star gaze and otherwise put headphones on and play guitar or bass but that is in my house in a separate quiet room. I am only a threat and nuisance to myself.

No, I don't mean enjoying yourself, I mean enjoying the weather that is endangering others... 😉

1 hour ago, Yinn said:

You use umbrella?

Yes I do have large backyard crank umbrella. But my bottom window has a large awning and my roof second story goes 1 meter out. So if wind blows the wrong way then have to open the crank umbrella or go to front or side or go inside. Normally always  ok. But actually the whole has had outside extended roofs for rain and sun so even side of the house is ok. Very high walls fir private too. 

3D701E69-DECD-46C6-AC01-C4D5297AA13A.jpeg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bob20 said:

No, I don't mean enjoying yourself, I mean enjoying the weather that is endangering others... 😉

That is where I am selfish. Guilty as charged.