News Forum - Tuesday Covid Update: 9,489 new cases and 129 deaths

Thaiger

Today, the Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration reported 9,489 new cases and 129 coronavirus-related deaths. Since April 1, in Thailand’s latest wave of virus, the CCSA has recorded 1,552,552 confirmed covid-19 infections. In the 24-hour period since the last count, the CCSA has reported 12,805 recoveries. There are now 116,711  people in Thailand currently receiving treatment for Covid-19. Out of the new cases, 269 were found at correctional facilities. Tens of thousands of inmates at Thailand’s overcrowded prisons and detention centres have tested positive for Covid-19 over the past several months. Yesterday, the CCSA approved several measures, including… Reducing the […]

The post Tuesday Covid Update: 9,489 new cases and 129 deaths appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

1 hour ago, Jason said:

Testing numbers and vaccination number would be helpful. Any reopening needs to be linked to benchmarks in the percentage of double vaccinated people.

I also think that though vaxxing will resolve many of these probs, the gov should set a threshold (e.g., a seven day rolling average of XXXX new infections) so that they can show that this is receding rapidly.

The current figure is at a two month low, and has declined by 12% in the past week. If 2k were the threshold, at that rate it would take 13 weeks to reach the infections target. We should remain concerned about the possibility of a new wave linked to declining efficacy of Sinovax. Meeting the threshold, would give a good indication of the Sinovax legacy.

3 hours ago, poohy said:

Unless you add the other tests ATK ?which show positive which takes the real figure to around 17000

Oops not such good news now 

That (i.e. "good" vs "bad") depends on the whether or not it follows the same trend as the number of confirmed cases. If you know of a link to raw ATK data (I don't), please do share.

Am wondering why the region labels have been removed. Before it was easy to find provinces. 

Now one has to go through each Infograph looking for the province as there is no discernible order. Not helpful. 

Thanks

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Niels said:

Am wondering why the region labels have been removed. Before it was easy to find provinces. 

Now one has to go through each Infograph looking for the province as there is no discernible order. Not helpful. 

Thanks

And much too small print for us oldies.

Hey Thaiger. Your new format boxes giving province numbers is a large step backwards in my opinion. You have dropped the area heading (north...south etc) and reduced the text box so now hard to read. Why you did this has me baffled.

• Like 2