News Forum - Tesla stock dive costs Elon Musk $7 billion, World’s Richest Man title

Thaiger

While it may have been a rough week for many in the stock market, sell-offs hit Tesla founder and CEO Elon Musk particularly hard. The often provocative tech innovator, crypto agitator, and founder of Tesla lost more than US $7 billion in 24 hours, knocking him from his perch as the world’s richest man. Before anyone starts a GoFundMe, it should be noted that even after the financial hit, Elon Musk is still worth US $198 billion. The stock market suffered a pullback that saw shares of Tesla, one of the most valuable stocks in the world, plummet nearly 4% on […]

The post Tesla stock dive costs Elon Musk $7 billion, World’s Richest Man title appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

I was under the impression that Bezos was officially the "richest". Mind you though, he's still got some way to go to catch up with the Kleptocrats, Kleptocrat, Putin, who in 2018 was estimated to have stolen or "received gifts" to the tune of $250 BN.

There comes a time, when the acquisition of wealth becomes a pathological illness for many. How much is enough?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, whitesnake said:

This is the "low-life" who branded my cave diver friend, Vern a paedophile  after Vern refused to use Musk's stupid underwater rescue device! Vern was the first BRITISH diver to reach the stranded football team in Tham Luang, Chiang Rai, 2 years ago!  Musk just wanted the media hype and couldn't cope with a real 'professional' rejecting his daft ideas! So, he tried to discredit Vern by making slanderous, unfounded comments!! WTF does Musk know about cave rescue!? SQUAT!!! 

Yes, Musk was out of line to call your cave diver friend a paedophile. Does that make it right for you to call him a low-life? 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, whitesnake said:

This is the "low-life" who branded my cave diver friend, Vern a paedophile  after Vern refused to use Musk's stupid underwater rescue device! Vern was the first BRITISH diver to reach the stranded football team in Tham Luang, Chiang Rai, 2 years ago!  Musk just wanted the media hype and couldn't cope with a real 'professional' rejecting his daft ideas! So, he tried to discredit Vern by making slanderous, unfounded comments!! WTF does Musk know about cave rescue!? SQUAT!!! 

Did the cave diver ever get an apology or some compensation from Musk for his comments? He should have received something?

I am extremely hopeful he moves to Mars, sets up an estate there, and the world will be saved from his nonsensical tweets, rants, and hyperbole. There are few billionaires who get on my nerves, like this freak. 

• 2 months later...
On 9/22/2021 at 4:18 PM, whitesnake said:

I'm afraid this is not quite an accurate portrayal of what happened.

While Elon Musk should not have called your friend Vern Unsworth a pedo, you should keep the context in mind. Musk did not attack him until he attacked Musk while being interviewed on TV.

Also, it wasn't Unsworth's call whether to use the submarine or not. In fact, Unsworth was not on the actual rescue team. The dive team leader was the one who asked Musk to work on the submarine as a backup plan, and passed on the specification Musk's team used to build the sub.

So why Unsworth decided that he knew better than the actual rescue divers is beyond me.

Though it does seem there was some conflict between Unsworth and the actual rescue divers:

VUevd.jpg.2875d2a1bda35c232c2828a8daa3b2e3.jpg

Now I'm not going to speculate on why Unsworth said he "will make the divers [suffer]", but it seems there was money involved. Was this something he took out on Musk when he thought it was a good idea to attack Musk on TV?

The bottom line is that it was not Musk who tried to discredit Unsworth. It was Unsworth who tried to discredit Musk, and by extension the actual rescue divers (with whom it seems he might have had a conflict) who were the ones who actually asked Musk to work on the sub, and who sent him the relevant specifications.

On 9/23/2021 at 6:14 AM, Soidog said:

Did the cave diver ever get an apology or some compensation from Musk for his comments? He should have received something?

No, the Judge ruled that it was just a mindless internet online squabble that no one took seriously and that Musk wasnt making a factual statement , it was just immature name calling 

• Thanks 1