‘Beyond doubt’ there was an ‘incident’ at the Wuhan Institute of Virology

Bob20

Sky News host Sharri Markson says there is so much evidence that it is “beyond doubt” there was an incident at the Wuhan Institute of Virology.

Ms Markson spent over a year investigating the possibility COVID-19 was leaked from the Wuhan Institute of Virology in China.

Her ‘What Really Happened in Wuhan’ documentary on Sky News Australia uncovered evidence a leak from the lab first occurred in September, 2019.

“I’ve looked at it as two key parts to investigate,” she told Sky News host Paul Murray.

“One, you speak to the scientists about the unusual features of the virus itself.

“And then the other part is, what was happening in Wuhan? What was the Wuhan Institute of Virology doing at that time?

“There’s just so much evidence that we’ve been able to uncover over the past few months as part of this investigation that it really is beyond doubt there was an incident at the Wuhan Institute of Virology.”

‘What Really Happened in Wuhan’ is available to stream on demand exclusively on Foxtel.

Source: Sky news Australis

https://www.skynews.com.au/opinion/paul-murray/beyond-doubt-there-was-an-incident-at-the-wuhan-institute-of-virology/video/a4ac888570539206daa2fe6c2a60bc22

https://www.skynews.com.au/world-news/global-affairs/the-lab-leak-the-missing-scientists-the-coverup-piecing-together-what-really-happened-in-wuhan/news-story/122d7cab3d2db39103d75085edb85195

So if they can really prove it then let's put the CCP's arse to a noose and hang them high. Now if they prove that a top Chinese defector's claim that it was purposely released at some international games being held in Wuhan and then got out of control, then the world should stomp hard, close down and shun the CCP altogether and say bye bye. Sickening. Sorry for the good Chinese folk, but time to punish the CCP if all is true.

• Like 4

Interesting, but still too much missing to determine what really happened.

The sad part of this is that we will probably never ever really know the actual truth. Because of the early actions of the CCP and their insular thinking at times, suspicion was just allowed to grow and foster.

What if the actual reason were just a series of linked unintentional events?

• Wuhan researchers were investigating viruses in bats. One got bitten by an infected bat and saw no immediate affects.
  • Scientists passed on the virus to each other outside the controlled area.
  • Said Scientists visited the wet market and passed the virus on and so forth, including to visitors for the military games.

The CCP scared of loosing face didn't let on what had happened and so forth.

Pure speculation I know. Just like many other theories. But if that did happen, what would now be different in the world if the CCP had decided "forget the loss of face". Lock our borders, tell other countries to test and isolate recent arrivals and why. Seek their help as we don't want another outbreak.

Sometimes swallowing pride can actually gain you more respect!

• Like 1

I would be highly surprised if it was leaked intentionally. 

Accidental release far more likely for me.

But the question I keep asking myself is why would people be messing around with a virus like this in the first place?

18 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

But the question I keep asking myself is why would people be messing around with a virus like this in the first place?

Nothing surprises me when it comes to the CCP and their ultimate plan to rule the world. But I would hope they are truly not that sinister.

33 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

1 hour ago, Smithydog said:

Interesting, but still too much missing to determine what really happened.

The sad part of this is that we will probably never ever really know the actual truth. Because of the early actions of the CCP and their insular thinking at times, suspicion was just allowed to grow and foster.

What if the actual reason were just a series of linked unintentional events?

• Wuhan researchers were investigating viruses in bats. One got bitten by an infected bat and saw no immediate affects.
  • Scientists passed on the virus to each other outside the controlled area.
  • Said Scientists visited the wet market and passed the virus on and so forth, including to visitors for the military games.

The CCP scared of loosing face didn't let on what had happened and so forth.

Pure speculation I know. Just like many other theories. But if that did happen, what would now be different in the world if the CCP had decided "forget the loss of face". Lock our borders, tell other countries to test and isolate recent arrivals and why. Seek their help as we don't want another outbreak.

Sometimes swallowing pride can actually gain you more respect!

Where exactly it came from isn't evident from the reports even though they claim to have the answer. But we do have consensus that it came from Wuhan.

And what is shown clearly on plenty of occasions, is that patient zero happened way before the Chinese timeline and several doctors were prevented from exposing it, instead being abruptly silenced.

That should be enough reason to indict China for the unnecessary damage done, especially after our previous experiences with SARS1 etc.

3 hours ago, Bob20 said:

Sky News host Sharri Markson says there is so much evidence that it is “beyond doubt” there was an incident at the Wuhan Institute of Virology.

Ms Markson spent over a year investigating the possibility COVID-19 was leaked from the Wuhan Institute of Virology in China.

Her ‘What Really Happened in Wuhan’ documentary on Sky News Australia uncovered evidence a leak from the lab first occurred in September, 2019.

“I’ve looked at it as two key parts to investigate,” she told Sky News host Paul Murray.

“One, you speak to the scientists about the unusual features of the virus itself.

“And then the other part is, what was happening in Wuhan? What was the Wuhan Institute of Virology doing at that time?

“There’s just so much evidence that we’ve been able to uncover over the past few months as part of this investigation that it really is beyond doubt there was an incident at the Wuhan Institute of Virology.”

‘What Really Happened in Wuhan’ is available to stream on demand exclusively on Foxtel.

Source: Sky news Australis

https://www.skynews.com.au/opinion/paul-murray/beyond-doubt-there-was-an-incident-at-the-wuhan-institute-of-virology/video/a4ac888570539206daa2fe6c2a60bc22

https://www.skynews.com.au/world-news/global-affairs/the-lab-leak-the-missing-scientists-the-coverup-piecing-together-what-really-happened-in-wuhan/news-story/122d7cab3d2db39103d75085edb85195

Given the poliutical fallout between China and Australia at the moment I would suspect the report to be missing any close scrutiny.  If the US, UN, CDC cannot come to this conclusion with the teams of experts thjay have I find it incredulous this reporter has found the smoking gun.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, dj230 said:

Although I have no opinion on whether or not the covid-19 wuhan lab theory is real or not

"sky news" has a pretty obvious agenda/anti-governement bias 

Allegedly!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, RWD said:

Given the poliutical fallout between China and Australia at the moment I would suspect the report to be missing any close scrutiny.  If the US, UN, CDC cannot come to this conclusion with the teams of experts thjay have I find it incredulous this reporter has found the smoking gun.

12 minutes ago, AdvocatusDiaboli said:

Allegedly!

Of course. It's just as unbiased as every other news corp 😉

And then there's the politics behind it too, as that's why the WHO team were only allowed (very restricted) access after China took their time to perhaps "clean" the lab of any evidence 🤔

But it's interesting. The US has recently found the same links, together with a non-consistent Chinese timeline, now supported by Chinese doctors and hospitals that were already filled to the brim in November/December 2019.

Perhaps it's difficult to find conclusive evidence, but it's not yet time to stop investigating.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Bob20 said:

Where exactly it came from isn't evident from the reports even though they claim to have the answer. But we do have consensus that it came from Wuhan.

And what is shown clearly on plenty of occasions, is that patient zero happened way before the Chinese timeline and several doctors were prevented from exposing it, instead being abruptly silenced.

That should be enough reason to indict China for the unnecessary damage done, especially after our previous experiences with SARS1 etc.

Too much overall skilldoggery in the whole situation for any conclusion IMO. Not only related to China.

7 minutes ago, Convert54 said:

Too much overall skilldoggery in the whole situation for any conclusion IMO. Not only related to China.

I disagree, but that's allowed here.

Better keep at it, rather than that some European court decides after 15 years (!) that Russia is culpable for someone's death by Pollonium 210.

It's already nearly 2 years late and it's time the world took off its velvet gloves with the way China has been (mis)handling these things repeatedly.

2 hours ago, Rookiescot said:

The Wuhan laboratory is a place where they study viruses , they change animal viruses around in the laboratory to make those viruses infectious to humans and then they find a vaccination for that virus 

All posts that mentioned Lizard people have been removed and stay on Topic

1 hour ago, Andrew Reeve said:

All posts that mentioned Lizard people have been removed and stay on Topic

The Sky News report is only a bunch of unproven allegations, including unproven allegations from the pathological liar, trump. The broadcast package does not even come close to the criteria "beyond doubt".

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PBS said:

The Sky News report is only a bunch of unproven allegations, including unproven allegations from the pathological liar, trump. The broadcast package does not even come close to the criteria "beyond doubt".

I agree about the "beyond doubt". But it raises valid questions that have still not been answered. Apparently there was another hour special this week that I haven't been able to see yet, answering a few more questions. Hope it goes online soon.

Plus a documentary by a Chinese docu maker actually in Wuhan at the time, interviewing doctors near the wetmarket and visiting hospitals and patients. "In the same breath" by Nanfu Wang.

6 hours ago, Rookiescot said:

Many governments around the world have a bioweapons program (and yes non-military labs do collaborate) and have been doing "research' for decades... we will likely never know what really happened at Wuhan... it's all top secret don't you know?

Edited by Freeduhdumb
Grammar correction additional content.

15 minutes ago, Freeduhdumb said:

Many governments around the world have a bioweapons program (and yes non-military labs do collaborate) and have been doing "research' for decades... we will likely never know what really happened at Wuhan... it's all top secret don't you know?

Exactly. Collaboration, espionage, politics, profit. There are few boundaries to the bundle of deceptions.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Freeduhdumb said:

Well the lab in Wuhan was "supposed" to have been a joint venture with the French. However as soon as it was up and running the Chinese threw the French out.

Make of that what you will.

8 hours ago, HolyCowCm said:

So if they can really prove it then let's put the CCP's arse to a noose and hang them high. Now if they prove that a top Chinese defector's claim that it was purposely released at some international games being held in Wuhan and then got out of control, then the world should stomp hard, close down and shun the CCP altogether and say bye bye. Sickening. Sorry for the good Chinese folk, but time to punish the CCP if all is true.

If it was proven, I still don't think the world would do shit about it...............

6 minutes ago, Marc26 said:

If it was proven, I still don't think the world would do shit about it...............

Not so sure on that one, unless they are so owned to the eyeballs in debt to them. 

15 hours ago, Fluke said:

The Wuhan laboratory is a place where they study viruses , they change animal viruses around in the laboratory to make those viruses infectious to humans and then they find a vaccination for that virus 

However not to be overlooked is the opportunity for future weaponisation aspect.

16 hours ago, Bob20 said:

I disagree, but that's allowed here.

Better keep at it, rather than that some European court decides after 15 years (!) that Russia is culpable for someone's death by Pollonium 210.

It's already nearly 2 years late and it's time the world took off its velvet gloves with the way China has been (mis)handling these things repeatedly.

Yes discard the velvet gloves, put on the latex ones....

Short version - we will never know the true origin because all the evidence has long since been destroyed.

Long version.
I have been saying it for almost 1 1/2 years now. There is no doubt this virus was developed in a lab and, most likely, accidentally released.

Key points to remember. 
There are 3 Virology labs in Wuhan. One Level 4 (highest level) and two Level 2 labs.

All 3 were known to have been studying Coronaviruses (amongst other things of course). Note: Coronoviruses occur not just in bats, but in animals like Pangolins as well. However, Pangolins are not native to China and are smuggled in from Indonesia (usually through Burma). They are an endangered species so their numbers are limited and they wouldn't normally be found in common "wet markets". At least not in any great numbers (keep in mind all the cities in China and all the other "wet markets").

At the time, Coronaviruses were not considered dangerous to humans as they were not "zoonotic" (they didn't have the ability to "jump" from animals to humans).

As such, researchers weren't required to were the same level of protective gear as they would if they were researching something like Ebola (which would only be done at a Level 4 lab).
In fact, scientists studying the Coronaviruses only needed to wear gloves and a face shield. (And the prerequisite lab coat of course.)

(One report from 2020 noted that a researcher in one lab had recorded in his notes that he'd been urinated on by an infected bat. He "self-quarantined" for two weeks and didn't notice any ill  effects so continued to work.)
We now know that people can be infected and not show any symptoms, but can still pass the virus on to others.

The initial outbreak was thought to have originated in a "wet market" (where live animals are sold for food) because that was the "common" factor among the first people identified as being infected. 
It was thought that they were infected from eating bats that had new strain of Coronavirus because the virus resembled known bat coronaviruses.

The Chinese Army quickly burned the wet market to the ground "to prevent further infections". The reality is, they already knew what had happened and were covering up the fact that it didn't originate from that market. By burning it down (and all the animals of course) no one would be able to prove that the virus didn't come from there by testing other animals and the spaces they were kept in.

Scientists in the West decided that it must have come from animals as the viruses didn't use any "known" backbone. 
They were looking for clues that it had been genetically engineered in a lab, in a way that they would have done such a thing.

However, they soon realized there was a problem with their thinking. Covid-19 had some traits found only in Bat coronavirus and some traits found only in Pangolin coronaviruses.
These traits, combined, made it ideal for attacking Human cells. Something they couldn't do before.

So scientist came up with a new theory. The virus must have had an "intermediary host" (like a Pangolin).

So then their theory became that, somehow in that wet market, bats (all infected with the same type of Bat coronavirus) must have infected some Pangolins (that were all infected with the same type of Pangolin coronavirus). Then (somehow) those Pangolins passed on a new type of coronavirus to some other bats, where it mutated into a type that could pass from animal to human.
Then those bats were bought and eaten and bingo ! We have a pandemic !

But most soon realized that there was literally no way that could happen in a live market. On that scale. In that short of time period. Especially when animals like Pangolins would be rare to begin with.

But it could happen in a lab where scientist were researching those viruses in controlled environments where hundreds (or thousands) of scientists could conduct thousands (or 10s of thousands) of experiments over the course of many years. And have budgets that would allow them to buy as many Pangolins as they wanted, regardless if they are considered an endangered species.

It was known as far back as 2015 that researchers in those Wuhan labs were studying "chimera" viruses. (Chimera viruses are where researchers try to combine two different viruses, like Ebola and Influenza for example, to make a "super" virus.)
So it wouldn't be a stretch to think that they may have been studying what might happen if "animal P18 infected with Type 2 Pangolin coronavirus has Type 7 Bat coronavirus from animal B32 injected into it".
(Now multiply that by hundreds of scientists conducting thousands of similar experiments.)

Which is literally what scientists do. All day. Every day. "What if I combine heated Dihydrogen monoxide  with disaccharides, citric acid and some of that Earl Grey I have on the shelf ?". (I've heard that you are supposed to add lemon to your tea if it's Earl Grey.)

It is also known that in one lab, researchers were specifically studying ways that the Bat coronavirus might be able to jump from bats to humans (become "zoonotic").
(Not that they were trying to find a way to do it, but more likely studying similar viruses that can jump from animals to humans and trying to determine if the bat coronavirus had similar traits.)

When looking at all the "clues" it is evident that this virus was purposely developed in a lab as the result of years of experiments.

It is most likely that the release was accidental, probably through a researcher who was unknowingly infected and made numerous trips to the wet market. (Maybe to buy more animals for research perhaps ?)

(Keep in mind that one of the labs is located about 300 meters from that same wet market where they originally thought the virus came from.)

Another telling point.

A Russian diplomat sent out a tweet claiming the virus had been developed in a US Army lab and "smuggled" into Wuhan where it was released.
That tweet was largely ignored - until it was noticed by a Chinese diplomat who retweeted it to his circle of friends.
It went viral, to the point where the Chinese State Media (controlled by the Communist Party of course) started spreading the rumour themselves !

They immediately gave up on the notion that the virus came from a wet market the instant they found a way to blame it on someone else (especially if that someone was the USA).

The WHO, led by the man who only has his position because China pushed for it, did a half-hearted investigation In January 2021, which (initially) concluded that the virus couldn't have come from a lab.

Apparently the investigation team was made up of (mostly) scientists, not "investigators" and that they were not given full access and that when they questioned any of the staff, Chinese Security personnel were present (possibly as an intimidation factor to make sure the staff didn't say too much).

Also, the investigation didn't happen until January 2021. Well over a year later and plenty of time for any evidence (and ongoing research) to disappear.

Last July/Aug, China was slamming any suggestion that there should be a follow up investigation as pretty much everyone knows the first one was a sham.

Needless to say, China has been quite heavy-fisted towards anyone suggesting that the virus came from one of their labs.

The end result is - we'll never know unless some scientist suddenly defects from China and exposes what really happened (or didn't).

Though I suspect that anyone with such knowledge probably isn't in any position to defect. Look what they did to the doctor who first went public about the outbreak in Wuhan. They immediately threw him in prison where he apparently died "from covid infection". 

But when you put all the pieces together, it is far more likely that the virus was accidentally leaked from a lab than the idea that a whole bunch of different animals were all infected with the same types of viruses and spread them back and forth in a very short period of time, leading to a new virus that suddenly is not only perfectly adapted to infecting humans, but able to jump to them easily. Oh and almost immediately develop the ability to be transmissible by air (instead of just through bodily fluids).

Yet there are people who think that's what happened.

Because the idea it might have come from a lab that was studying those same viruses is "crazy" conspiracy theory stuff.

• Like 2