News Forum - Epidemiologists dispatched to Phuket to help curb the spread of Covid

Thaiger

17 hours ago, poohy said:

Errrr!

I am not overly convinced by this news all is "tickety boo" on the Phuket isle of dreams

Do tell me i am wrong and the grand poobah of covid Mr Prayuth has it all in hand.

There is only one thing he has in hand, an appendage.

18 hours ago, Thaiger said:

Epidemiologists from Thailand’s Disease Control Department have been dispatched by the Ministry of Public Health to Phuket. The move is intended to help curb the spread of new Covid infections on the island; Phuket has regularly seen 200 cases a day over the last couple of weeks and hospital beds have reached 90% occupancy. Public Health Permanent Secretary Dr Kiattibhoom Vongrachit says the team of epidemiologists and disease control officials are going to Phuket to assist health officials and restore the confidence of locals and visitors of the island’s safety. The doctor says out of around 30,000 Sandboxers to arrive, […]

The post Epidemiologists dispatched to Phuket to help curb the spread of Covid appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

It really amazes me. Phuket is always opposite of the rest of Thailand. When rest of province in Thailand is surging in cases, Phuket is low in cases, calm and quiet. It's the opposite again now that cases in the rest of Thailand is  trickling down, Phuket cases are surging.  I am really amused.

• Like 1