News Forum - Phuket Vegetarian Festival gets “green light” to run from October 6 to 14

Thaiger

WARNING: The content below contains photos and videos of self-mutilation that some people may find disturbing. The annual Phuket Vegetarian Festival has been given the “okay” to be held from October 6-14. For those who haven’t heard of the festival, it’s not exactly known for the vegetarian food. It’s actually a very spiritual celebration where some practice self-mutilation to enter a trance-like state and channel spirits through their bodies. During the festival’s street processions, some pierce their cheeks with large objects, even swords, and some slice their tongues continuously for hours with the blood dripping down on the street. Throughout […]

The post Phuket Vegetarian Festival gets “green light” to run from October 6 to 14 appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

9 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

WARNING: The content below contains photos and videos of self-mutilation that some people may find disturbing. The annual Phuket Vegetarian Festival has been given the “okay” to be held from October 6-14. For those who haven’t heard of the festival, it’s not exactly known for the vegetarian food. It’s actually a very spiritual celebration where some practice self-mutilation to enter a trance-like state and channel spirits through their bodies. During the festival’s street processions, some pierce their cheeks with large objects, even swords, and some slice their tongues continuously for hours with the blood dripping down on the street. Throughout […]

The post Phuket Vegetarian Festival gets “green light” to run from October 6 to 14 appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Self-mutilation?? 🤔

I thought vegetarians just didn't eat meat?

15 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

The annual Phuket Vegetarian Festival has been given the “okay” to be held from October 6-14.

And all those vegetables from the last 3 months in the sandbox will be on display!

6 minutes ago, AdvocatusDiaboli said:

And all those vegetables from the last 3 months in the sandbox will be on display!

I didn't know Covid also destroyed the mind.

1 minute ago, AdvocatusDiaboli said:

Plant based I bet! So you got your ticket for the vegetarian festival? 

Nope, but I do need a holiday but not travelling. I can stay home and self mutilate myself. One good thing about going there this year would be the lack of all the groups of tourists from one particular country not being there. That in itself is almost worth the consideration and taking the chance of getting Covid.

8 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

I can stay home and self mutilate myself.

What, MrsHolyCowCm won’t do it for you? I’m sure she would gladly volunteer to do it for free. And you could drink some of your vegetable juice to give you some Dutch courage.

16 minutes ago, AdvocatusDiaboli said:

What, MrsHolyCowCm won’t do it for you? I’m sure she would gladly volunteer to do it for free. And you could drink some of your vegetable juice to give you some Dutch courage.

When she barks at me I start banging my head on the cement wall. Is that like the same?

• Haha 1