News Forum - Major survey shows what venues people want open, bars absent from list

Thaiger

8 hours ago, Pompies said:

This so called survey is totally not credible. Conducted by a partisan organisation, without full disclosure of sample size, location & demographics it is nothing if not laughable. It was conducted in the worst affected parts of the country where, during the interviewing period, respondents were in fear for their wellbeing and were simply in no frame of mind to be objective.

Utter propaganda!

You may well be right. It's been well known for a long time now, that survey results are often the result of the framing of the question.

9 hours ago, Bob20 said:

Probably as unbiased as the Covid tests 🤭 And nobody asked me!

hangover-1.jpg

Champagne and Peroni - that's a decent night out as that women nicely demonstrates !

12 hours ago, Jackson said:

I can promise you, as sure as the sun will rise and set, that I will not board a plane to Thailand if the bars are closed.

I really am not sure if they are closed anywhere. I’m sure some of the traditional hotspots like walking street and Bangla road are closed. But people I speak to from Chiangmai to Udon Thani to Rayong and Hua Hin, all tell me they have no problem finding bars open. Maybe they are open but closed after 22:00 or maybe only selling drinks in coffee cups? Be interested to know what people on the ground have to say?…

4 hours ago, Soidog said:

I really am not sure if they are closed anywhere. I’m sure some of the traditional hotspots like walking street and Bangla road are closed. But people I speak to from Chiangmai to Udon Thani to Rayong and Hua Hin, all tell me they have no problem finding bars open. Maybe they are open but closed after 22:00 or maybe only selling drinks in coffee cups? Be interested to know what people on the ground have to say?…

Chiang Mai: bars are shut around here but some restaurants follow US prohibition rules especially out of the city.

16 hours ago, Pompies said:

This so called survey is totally not credible. Conducted by a partisan organisation, without full disclosure of sample size, location & demographics it is nothing if not laughable. It was conducted in the worst affected parts of the country where, during the interviewing period, respondents were in fear for their wellbeing and were simply in no frame of mind to be objective.

Utter propaganda!

Agree.

Virtually all our information is non transparent when it comes to the thing you mention,. which is why anyone's default response to a study should be disbelieve or withhold judgement until  question funding, sponsorship and so on are answered.

1 minute ago, Metaluna said:

Many, many good things exist to do in Thailand without the need of frequenting a bar.

I absolutely agree. But mass tourism consists of 1/2/3 week visitors that swim/hike/sightsee and.... party....

Sure if you want to hike or swim on a (now) pristine and empty beach, by all means come. But that's not going to bring the numbers...

• Like 1