News Forum - Do expats follow rules and Covid restrictions in Thailand? | GMT | Episode 88

Thaiger

On Todays show Jay, Mike and Waan discuss whether foreigners and expats in Thailand follow rules and covid restrictions set by the government. We also take a look at the extended restrictions for Phuket.

The post Do expats follow rules and Covid restrictions in Thailand? | GMT | Episode 88 appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

I don’t think foreigner or expat care. (I don’t know the different between this 2 groups, they are all foreigner). They can pay fee if it’s needed and they often think the law not is about them.

An another thing is:

And it is BORING that I have to make a new account every time I try write in Thaiger talk.

The other member is me, I think I have 100 accout with same mailaddress and password because Thaiger want I sign up a new account every time. 

0F1B827B-A3F1-4A9A-AF15-5D2E456386A3.png

• Like 1

I follow the guidelines which can be a bit confusing at times, always wear a mask and I'll be fully Pziser vaccinated tomorrow. Question to general expat farrang community...how many of you are double dose vaccinated? Udon Thani has been good in terms of getting my vaccine.

4 hours ago, Thaiger said:

On Todays show Jay, Mike and Waan discuss whether foreigners and expats in Thailand follow rules and covid restrictions set by the government

“The code is more what you’d call ‘guidelines’ than actual rules.”
– Barbossa, Pirates of the Caribbean

Maybe foreigners and expats are more like pirates.

• Like 1

As a foreigner who doesn't go out much, these days, I do follow the posted rules and guidelines when I'm in public, masking, distancing, etc.

I did order and receive a beer in a restaurant this week, though.

Shame on me.

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, Slacker said:

And it is BORING that I have to make a new account every time I try write in Thaiger talk.

The other member is me, I think I have 100 accout with same mailaddress and password because Thaiger want I sign up a new account every time.

Hopefully the admin will look into this, as they are generally really good at tracking down problems.  You can send @paulieweb a message.  He's the tech god here.

5 hours ago, Slacker said:

I don’t think foreigner or expat care. (I don’t know the different between this 2 groups, they are all foreigner). They can pay fee if it’s needed and they often think the law not is about them.

An another thing is:

0F1B827B-A3F1-4A9A-AF15-5D2E456386A3.png

Don't log in at the post. Log in at the top of your screen.

Great to see Waan join the panel today. It's what has been missing. I want to hear the Thai perspective on things; not only the western perspective. In reality, Coronavirus doesn't give a damn about nationality or anything else for that matter. We are 20 months into this pandemic. Wearing a mask, safe distancing, washing hands, getting tested if you have symptoms or may have been in close contact with confirmed positive cases, avoiding large gatherings or even smaller gathering in hotspots are all sensible rules to prevent spread until we are vaccinated. Anyone who thinks they are "above" these measure is someone to distance yourself from.

• Like 1
  • Cool 1

You all would feel safe around me. Two masks ,face shield and my trusty ole spray bottle of 70 !

PS, I don't shake hands either

Edited by riclag
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Jason said:

Great to see Waan join the panel today. It's what has been missing. I want to hear the Thai perspective on things; not only the western perspective. In reality, Coronavirus doesn't give a damn about nationality or anything else for that matter. We are 20 months into this pandemic. Wearing a mask, safe distancing, washing hands, getting tested if you have symptoms or may have been in close contact with confirmed positive cases, avoiding large gatherings or even smaller gathering in hotspots are all sensible rules to prevent spread until we are vaccinated. Anyone who thinks they are "above" these measure is someone to distance yourself from.

And even when you are "vaccinated" you still need to do all of the above because the Vax does not stop you getting NOR even stop you transmitting Covid 19

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Shorehead said:

And even when you are "vaccinated" you still need to do all of the above because the Vax does not stop you getting NOR even stop you transmitting Covid 19

Well, you could, but that's not the idea.

Once most are vaccinated, the idea is that reasonable normality returns and you may carry and transmit the virus, but you won't get very sick or die.

However, the ones that refuse vaccination take their chances, will have to be very careful and will make up 99% of the very sick and dead as everyone will be infected sooner or later. The same goes for people who for medical reasons can't be vaccinated, but they unfortunately have no choice...

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Shorehead said:

But it does stop you dying. Get the vaccine 👍🏻

• Like 1