Jump to content

News Forum - Cathay Pacific crew fired after refusing to get vaccinated


Thaiger
 Share

Recommended Posts

In what could be a global first, Hong Kong-based airline Cathay Pacific has fired an unspecified number of crew after they refused Covid-19 vaccines. The carrier has defended the sacking of air crew who it says refused available vaccines without providing any medical justification, adding that it can’t operate without its crew being vaccinated. “The pandemic has had a huge impact on us operationally, and border controls around the world have dramatically reduced our ability to operate with unvaccinated aircrew.” According to a TTR Weekly report, the carrier has been operating flights with fully vaccinated crew since September 1. It […]

The post Cathay Pacific crew fired after refusing to get vaccinated appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

👍

Remember how the KLM cabin crew wasn't required to get jabbed or tested (and didn't) and how the Olympic Team arrived in Japan infected?

Yes, vaccination doesn't prevent transmission completely (although more and more details are available that it does reduce the viral load).

But crew should at least be tested!

If you enter the plane without Covid and exit with Covid, that's not the inflight service I'm looking for!

  • Like 6
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, BraveNewFahrenheit said:

Cathay was in trouble before wuhan virus, they might as well just call it a day at this point. Hope more staff call it quits.

I just looked at their advertised prices BKK - SFO - BKK. Economy was over 70,000 baht round trip. If that is the case then they will die faster than expected.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Transam said:

It seems that crew are now going to have to look for a new way of making a living, perhaps deep sea fishing, probably no masks there... 

Well there used to be rumors some Thai stewardesses were moonlighting in BKK in that certain industry for a second income before. But unfortunately even that is not open here and not a fallback to do in HK for them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

In what could be a global first, Hong Kong-based airline Cathay Pacific has fired an unspecified number of crew after they refused Covid-19 vaccines. The carrier has defended the sacking of air crew who it says refused available vaccines without providing any medical justification, adding that it can’t operate without its crew being vaccinated. “The pandemic has had a huge impact on us operationally, and border controls around the world have dramatically reduced our ability to operate with unvaccinated aircrew.” According to a TTR Weekly report, the carrier has been operating flights with fully vaccinated crew since September 1. It […]

The post Cathay Pacific crew fired after refusing to get vaccinated appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

It comes with the job! Vaccinations for aircrew is very common. They can piss and moan all they want. It isn't a debate about effectiveness, risk, chance of dying, etc. There is a virus. The virus is infectious. There are vaccines. The vaccines protect against serious illness and death. 

"At a minimum, aircrew members should be up-to-date with routine vaccinations. These vaccines include measles-mumps-rubella (MMR), diphtheria-tetanus-pertussis, varicella, polio, and the seasonal influenza vaccine." 

https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/travel/yellowbook/2020/travel-for-work-other-reasons/advice-for-aircrews

  • Like 8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Thaiger said:

In what could be a global first, Hong Kong-based airline Cathay Pacific has fired an unspecified number of crew after they refused Covid-19 vaccines. The carrier has defended the sacking of air crew who it says refused available vaccines without providing any medical justification, adding that it can’t operate without its crew being vaccinated. “The pandemic has had a huge impact on us operationally, and border controls around the world have dramatically reduced our ability to operate with unvaccinated aircrew.” According to a TTR Weekly report, the carrier has been operating flights with fully vaccinated crew since September 1. It […]

The post Cathay Pacific crew fired after refusing to get vaccinated appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

The medical justification is that there are thousands of cases of people dying from blood clots and other complications, and all around us we see a suspicious unheard of hysteria to push a gene replacement therapy. 

Is it any wonder people don't want to take them.

  • Like 5
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Smart decision. Refusing to take a vaccine, to benefit society and bring society back, is about as sensible as believing the earth is flat. Imagine making a sacrifice for your country? What a concept. These same people who drape themselves with a false flag of patriotism, would wet their pants if they were ever asked to truly protect their nation or serve in any manner. They use the terms liberty and freedom as if they really understood the concept of either. 

Alot of Americans have strange notions about the vaccine. And since 97% of new Covid cases are from people who are NOT vaccinated, these notions seem to be misplaced, and likely very unscientific. And all of this is coming from someone who is NOT a VAX guy. But, does there not come a time when you have to set your personal notions aside for the greater good?

Like Laura Osnes who was fired from her Broadway show for refusing to take a vaccine, even though the entire cast and crew were vaccinated. She is likely a fan of Tucker Carlson, the disinformation chief of America. He is being spectacularly selfish, not thinking of anyone but herself, and is showing a stunning lack of patriotism in the process. This one is not for you Laura. Ever thought about the possibility that something in this universe is not about Laura, but about the "good of society"? Has that thought ever entered your vapid head for one moment? Even a fleeting nanosecond? 

A kindergartener has to have some vaccines before being allowed into school, pandemic or not. I know you think you're being brave by doing this based on a "principle," but are you at least as brave as a kindergartener? Perhaps Darwin was right. 

A friend of mine was invited to a baby shower in the US. They sent me this message. 

Melanie is invited to a baby shower where both the mommy to be and her husband are determined anti-Vaxxers.  Everybody going to the party has been vaccinated. The host is requiring all guests, who have already been vaccinated, to take a Covid test before they come because they have not been vaccinated and won’t do so.

Huh? Because of your stubborn sense of entitlement, you want every guest to get tested before coming? America the beautiful. LOL. 

Maybe some sort of penalties are needed. No flying within the US without a vaccination. No crossing state borders? No going to school or work? All fine by me. 

 

 

 

Oped-Dlamini-AntiVaxTW-option-1.jpg

Edited by dmacarelli
  • Like 10
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, dmacarelli said:

Smart decision. Refusing to take a vaccine, to benefit society and bring society back, is about as sensible as believing the earth is flat. Imagine making a sacrifice for your country? What a concept. These same people who drape themselves with a false flag of patriotism, would wet their pants if they were ever asked to truly protect their nation or serve in any manner.

Alot of Americans have strange notions about the vaccine. And since 97% of new Covid cases are from people who are NOT vaccinated, these notions seem to be misplaced, and likely very unscientific. And all of this is coming from someone who is NOT a VAX guy. But, does there not come a time when you have to set your personal notions aside for the greater good?

Like Laura Osnes who was fired from her Broadway show for refusing to take a vaccine, even though the entire cast and crew were vaccinated. She is likely a fan of Tucker Carlson, the disinformation chief of America. He is being spectacularly selfish, not thinking of anyone but herself, and is showing a stunning lack of patriotism in the process. This one is not for you Laura. Ever thought about the possibility that something in this universe is not about Laura, but about the "good of society"? Has that thought ever entered your vapid head for one moment? Even a fleeting nanosecond? 

A kindergartener has to have some vaccines before being allowed into school, pandemic or not. I know you think you're being brave by doing this based on a "principle," but are you at least as brave as a kindergartener? See ya. You will not be missed.

A friend of mine was invited to a baby shower in the US. They sent me this message. 

Melanie is invited to a baby shower where both the mommy to be and her husband are determined anti-Vaxxers.  Everybody going to the party has been vaccinated. The host is requiring all guests, who have already been vaccinated, to take a Covid test before they come because they have not been vaccinated and won’t do so.

Huh? Because of your stubborn sense of entitlement, you want every guest to get tested before coming? America the beautiful. LOL. 

Maybe some sort of penalties are needed. No flying within the US without a vaccination. No crossing state borders? No going to school or work? All fine by me. 

 

I guess there were two people attending the babyshower 🤭 and by the sound of it they didn't social distance some 8 months ago either.

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, dmacarelli said:

Smart decision. Refusing to take a vaccine, to benefit society and bring society back, is about as sensible as believing the earth is flat. Imagine making a sacrifice for your country? What a concept. These same people who drape themselves with a false flag of patriotism, would wet their pants if they were ever asked to truly protect their nation or serve in any manner.

Alot of Americans have strange notions about the vaccine. And since 97% of new Covid cases are from people who are NOT vaccinated, these notions seem to be misplaced, and likely very unscientific. And all of this is coming from someone who is NOT a VAX guy. But, does there not come a time when you have to set your personal notions aside for the greater good?

Like Laura Osnes who was fired from her Broadway show for refusing to take a vaccine, even though the entire cast and crew were vaccinated. She is likely a fan of Tucker Carlson, the disinformation chief of America. He is being spectacularly selfish, not thinking of anyone but herself, and is showing a stunning lack of patriotism in the process. This one is not for you Laura. Ever thought about the possibility that something in this universe is not about Laura, but about the "good of society"? Has that thought ever entered your vapid head for one moment? Even a fleeting nanosecond? 

A kindergartener has to have some vaccines before being allowed into school, pandemic or not. I know you think you're being brave by doing this based on a "principle," but are you at least as brave as a kindergartener? See ya. You will not be missed.

A friend of mine was invited to a baby shower in the US. They sent me this message. 

Melanie is invited to a baby shower where both the mommy to be and her husband are determined anti-Vaxxers.  Everybody going to the party has been vaccinated. The host is requiring all guests, who have already been vaccinated, to take a Covid test before they come because they have not been vaccinated and won’t do so.

Huh? Because of your stubborn sense of entitlement, you want every guest to get tested before coming? America the beautiful. LOL. 

Maybe some sort of penalties are needed. No flying within the US without a vaccination. No crossing state borders? No going to school or work? All fine by me. 

 

I agree with this message in the fullest extend.

I'm done with the anti-vaxxers dictating vaxxing people how to behave or that we 'should've known better'.

Don't get me wrong I'll repeat this message a billion times, I've been vaccinated as a kid and back then nobody cared to ask what was in the vaccine - There wasn't a need for this much 'proof' everybody wants to see these days.

FFS people just get vaccinated so the world can be 'normal' again. The fact that your clinging on-to your rights of freedom because don't want to be vaccinated. Really.... you didn't get any vaccination as a kid against chickenpox for example.

I can't wait till we are in sane numbers here in Thailand and panic isn't the default standard and yes foreigners with a non-something be advised to just vaccinate now as it's available for free and you can atleast get some form of protection as stated before all the new covid infections and deaths are still the stubborn part of the world. I still suggest world leaders to decide which country in Africa they decide to evacuate and make it the land of the 'free' where all the none vaxxers can live without health care since those rights on a respiratory device should be signed off due to not wanting vaccinations.

 

 

  • Like 8
  • Thanks 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, dmacarelli said:

Maybe some sort of penalties are needed. No flying within the US without a vaccination. No crossing state borders? No going to school or work?

And this has started in Thailand ….. maybe also add no voting also, as elections coming up.

 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Shark said:

I agree with this message in the fullest extend.

I'm done with the anti-vaxxers dictating vaxxing people how to behave or that we 'should've known better'.

Don't get me wrong I'll repeat this message a billion times, I've been vaccinated as a kid and back then nobody cared to ask what was in the vaccine - There wasn't a need for this much 'proof' everybody wants to see these days.

FFS people just get vaccinated so the world can be 'normal' again. The fact that your clinging on-to your rights of freedom because don't want to be vaccinated. Really.... you didn't get any vaccination as a kid against chickenpox for example.

I can't wait till we are in sane numbers here in Thailand and panic isn't the default standard and yes foreigners with a non-something be advised to just vaccinate now as it's available for free and you can atleast get some form of protection as stated before all the new covid infections and deaths are still the stubborn part of the world. I still suggest world leaders to decide which country in Africa they decide to evacuate and make it the land of the 'free' where all the none vaxxers can live without health care since those rights on a respiratory device should be signed off due to not wanting vaccinations.

Nah, it doesn't work like that. You see, their freedom means they insist to be allowed to make their own choice, but the rest of us will pay for their choice...

If only they accepted the consequences of their choice, then it would be a slightly different matter.

After all, all the people that take the vaccine are taking the risks they fear, like supposedly mass deaths after 2-5 years or developing as yet unknown adverse reactions 🥴

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, dmacarelli said:

Smart decision. Refusing to take a vaccine, to benefit society and bring society back, is about as sensible as believing the earth is flat. Imagine making a sacrifice for your country? What a concept. These same people who drape themselves with a false flag of patriotism, would wet their pants if they were ever asked to truly protect their nation or serve in any manner. They use the terms liberty and freedom as if they really understood the concept of either. 

Alot of Americans have strange notions about the vaccine. And since 97% of new Covid cases are from people who are NOT vaccinated, these notions seem to be misplaced, and likely very unscientific. And all of this is coming from someone who is NOT a VAX guy. But, does there not come a time when you have to set your personal notions aside for the greater good?

Like Laura Osnes who was fired from her Broadway show for refusing to take a vaccine, even though the entire cast and crew were vaccinated. She is likely a fan of Tucker Carlson, the disinformation chief of America. He is being spectacularly selfish, not thinking of anyone but herself, and is showing a stunning lack of patriotism in the process. This one is not for you Laura. Ever thought about the possibility that something in this universe is not about Laura, but about the "good of society"? Has that thought ever entered your vapid head for one moment? Even a fleeting nanosecond? 

A kindergartener has to have some vaccines before being allowed into school, pandemic or not. I know you think you're being brave by doing this based on a "principle," but are you at least as brave as a kindergartener? Perhaps Darwin was right. 

A friend of mine was invited to a baby shower in the US. They sent me this message. 

Melanie is invited to a baby shower where both the mommy to be and her husband are determined anti-Vaxxers.  Everybody going to the party has been vaccinated. The host is requiring all guests, who have already been vaccinated, to take a Covid test before they come because they have not been vaccinated and won’t do so.

Huh? Because of your stubborn sense of entitlement, you want every guest to get tested before coming? America the beautiful. LOL. 

Maybe some sort of penalties are needed. No flying within the US without a vaccination. No crossing state borders? No going to school or work? All fine by me. 

 

Oped-Dlamini-AntiVaxTW-option-1.jpg

 

 
Very well said.
 
I know a couple of foreigners who refuse to take the vaccine, and I am utterly sick of their selfishness and stupidity. I have sat them down (more than once), gone through the issue(s) step by step, answered all (ALL!) their questions and presented what is essentially an air-tight case, 
 
And, still they refuse. For no good reason, other than "Wah! Sob! I don't want to! Sob! Cry!". Stupid idiots.
 
I have cut them out of my life, at least until the situation changes. Yes, it is an extreme step to take, and definitely not one that I wanted to take, but as another member correctly said "FFS!".
 
I take solace in, of all things, Thai Immigration. Normally, I am not much of a fan of Thai Immigration (who among us is), but I will wager a very large sum of cash that in order to extend/renew any Non-O Visa (marriage, retirement, work, etc.), non-Thais will have to be vaccinated, likely beginning in the new year.
 
Anyone disagree?
 
Anyone think that Thai Immigration will respect the whiners who demand 'their rights'?
 
I didn't think so...
 
 

 

  • Like 6
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Bob20 said:

After all, all the people that take the vaccine are taking the risks they fear, like supposedly mass deaths after 2-5 years or developing as yet unknown adverse reactions 🥴

Resident Bob here has trouble understanding that these companies are shielded against any lawsuits if this goes bad. And it seems it is already going bad. Vaccine injury reports skyrocketing worldwide.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Shade_Wilder said:
 
Very well said.
 
I know a couple of foreigners who refuse to take the vaccine, and I am utterly sick of their selfishness and stupidity. I have sat them down (more than once), gone through the issue(s) step by step, answered all (ALL!) their questions and presented what is essentially an air-tight case, 
 
And, still they refuse. For no good reason, other than "Wah! Sob! I don't want to! Sob! Cry!". Stupid idiots.
 
I have cut them out of my life, at least until the situation changes. Yes, it is an extreme step to take, and definitely not one that I wanted to take, but as another member correctly said "FFS!".
 
I take solace in, of all things, Thai Immigration. Normally, I am not much of a fan of Thai Immigration (who among us is), but I will wager a very large sum of cash that in order to extend/renew any Non-O Visa (marriage, retirement, work, etc.), non-Thais will have to be vaccinated, likely beginning in the new year.
 
Anyone disagree?
 
Anyone think that Thai Immigration will respect the whiners who demand 'their rights'?
 
I didn't think so...
 
 

I agree. And they can strike the Covid insurance demand at the same time.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Shade_Wilder said:
I know a couple of foreigners who refuse to take the vaccine, and I am utterly sick of their selfishness and stupidity. I have sat them down (more than once), gone through the issue(s) step by step, answered all (ALL!) their questions and presented what is essentially an air-tight case,

They are losing their jobs because they stand their ground and you call it selfish?! They do not want to be guinea pigs of an experimental vaccine unlike you obedient little sheeps.

If these vaccines supposedly work why are Sweden and others denying of entry from Israelis, the early adopters, one of the highest rate vaccinated country in the world?! They did everything supposedly right and still cannot contain this. Being obedient little sheeps obviously did not work at all!

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, JackIsAGoodBoy said:

If these vaccines supposedly work why are Sweden and others denying of entry from Israelis, the early adopters, one of the highest rate vaccinated country in the world?!

But then why is Thailand allowing them in? But not India? India who are using the same vaccine as Thailand, AstraZeneca. It’s all just politics and joe public will never know the real reasons in our lifetime.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The massive red flag is that 20-30 percent of American nurses and doctors are refusing to take the vaccine. Crisis unfolding because of lack of personnel. Why are they doing that? Because suddenly they do not like their very well paid jobs?

The only explanation is that they have seen or heard too many bad vaccine injuries. If those mRNA/viral vector vaccines were harmless smallpox like vaccines with the usual rare side effects, very few would refuse, especially among them.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Shade_Wilder said:
 
Very well said.
 
I know a couple of foreigners who refuse to take the vaccine, and I am utterly sick of their selfishness and stupidity. I have sat them down (more than once), gone through the issue(s) step by step, answered all (ALL!) their questions and presented what is essentially an air-tight case, 
 
And, still they refuse. For no good reason, other than "Wah! Sob! I don't want to! Sob! Cry!". Stupid idiots.
 
I have cut them out of my life, at least until the situation changes. Yes, it is an extreme step to take, and definitely not one that I wanted to take, but as another member correctly said "FFS!".
 
I take solace in, of all things, Thai Immigration. Normally, I am not much of a fan of Thai Immigration (who among us is), but I will wager a very large sum of cash that in order to extend/renew any Non-O Visa (marriage, retirement, work, etc.), non-Thais will have to be vaccinated, likely beginning in the new year.
 
Anyone disagree?
 
Anyone think that Thai Immigration will respect the whiners who demand 'their rights'?
 
I didn't think so...
 
 

But my liberty. My freedom. Nobody can make me do anything!

Most of these nitwits would not know liberty if it hit them up the side of the head. It is all one big excuse, to be less courageous than a kindergartner. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, JackIsAGoodBoy said:

The massive red flag is that 20-30 percent of American nurses and doctors are refusing to take the vaccine.

It’s just what Americans do. You tell them the HAVE to do something, a reasonable proportion want to do the opposite. So not really a red flag at all, it’s just proving that Americans are Americans.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, AdamX said:

The medical justification is that there are thousands of cases of people dying from blood clots and other complications, and all around us we see a suspicious unheard of hysteria to push a gene replacement therapy. 

Is it any wonder people don't want to take them.

 

2 hours ago, JackIsAGoodBoy said:

 They are losing their jobs because they stand their ground and you call that selfish?

They're not losing their jobs because of "medical justification" or "standing their ground" but because they've made themselves unable to fly as countries won't let them in unvaccinated.

Even if the airline was willing to pay for a PCR test for them before every flight, what's the use of flight or cabin crew who can't fly?

  • Like 8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, dmacarelli said:

...
Alot of Americans have strange notions about the vaccine. And since 97% of new Covid cases are from people who are NOT vaccinated, these notions seem to be misplaced, and likely very unscientific. And all of this is coming from someone who is NOT a VAX guy.

...

Still quoting the 'pandemic of the unvaccinated' LIE.  That 97% of NEW cases (I presume you are referring to the delta-variant) are in the unvaccinated, is absolutely bollocks. 

Here the official Public Health England figures for August.  Note that the effectiveness of the covid-vaccine in the high risk 50-79 age category is even NEGATIVE, meaning that you are MORE likely to catch covid when you are vaccinated than those that did not take the jab. 

286400343_UKvax-unvaxdeathswks32-35.jpg.f8139267acd6fba86629c8b7543df45b.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, BraveNewFahrenheit said:

Cathay was in trouble before wuhan virus, they might as well just call it a day at this point. Hope more staff call it quits.

Cathay is the best airline I have flown, hands down. We are lucky in Vancouver that we have pretty much every Asian airline to choose from and almost all of them are excellent(I've flown all of them), but Cathay if far and above them all.

But you are correct, they were having financial issues prior to Covid

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By posting on Thaiger Talk you agree to the Terms of Use