News Forum - Quarantine, sealed routes may be ditched as government revises re-opening plan

Thaiger

21 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

200 million at first no as probably covers their top elite, but it is maybe only the start of them flipping the prescription to eventually be all MRNA. For that country it is impossible to know what the real numbers are and what they are really up to.

Well, it's superior in every way. Really, no propaganda or nothing 🤣 You know how they don't do that 😉

https://www.globaltimes.cn/page/202109/1233797.shtml

19 minutes ago, Bob20 said:

Well, it's superior every way. Really, no propaganda or nothing 🤣 You know how they don't do that 😉

https://www.globaltimes.cn/page/202109/1233797.shtml

Yeah, but I would think easy for them to ramp up making a fast as lightening additional 5 production facilities. Only $80 million to make and they sell them. Have to wait and see what they do. But maybe same principal as here, you take what we give you, kiss our boots, say thank you and shut up!

1 minute ago, HolyCowCm said:

Yeah, but I would think easy for them to ramp up making a fast as lightening additional 5 production facilities. Only $80 million to make and they sell them. Have to wait and see what they do. But maybe same principal as here, you take what we give you, kiss our boots, say thank you and shut up!

There they go for the jab when told. No significant numbers ask or question it. Compliance is one of the reasons they can do things quickly. All part of the conditioning, social scoring etc.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Bob20 said:

There they go for the jab when told. No significant numbers ask or question it. Compliance is one of the reasons they can do things quickly. All part of the conditioning, social scoring etc.

Yeah, no one wants to be shackled, beaten or even worse donating your organs.

2 hours ago, Bob20 said:

Would that be too logical?

It would …. But this is a suggestion coming from a non-Thai so they would lose face if they now carry this out.

A.D now goes to listen to Supertramp on his IPhone.

16 minutes ago, AdvocatusDiaboli said:

It would …. But this is a suggestion coming from a non-Thai so they would lose face if they now carry this out.

A.D now goes to listen to Supertramp on his IPhone.

Breakfast in America... 

But I like Toto: "no end in sight"

1 minute ago, Bob20 said:

Breakfast in America... 

No ……. The Logical Song …

But then they send me away to teach me how to be sensible
Logical, oh responsible, practical
And then they showed me a world where I could be so dependable
Oh clinical, oh intellectual, cynical

Just now, AdvocatusDiaboli said:

No ……. The Logical Song …

But then they send me away to teach me how to be sensible
Logical, oh responsible, practical
And then they showed me a world where I could be so dependable
Oh clinical, oh intellectual, cynical

Yes, that's on the Breakfast in America album...

1 minute ago, Bob20 said:

Yes, that's on the Breakfast in America album...

As the Toto ref was a song, took it as you meant the title was the breakfast in America song. 
As for ToTo, I would have gone with, 99. The number of jabs, lies, months bars are closed ….. etc etc etc.

Just now, AdvocatusDiaboli said:

As the Toto ref was a song, took it as you meant the title was the breakfast in America song. 
As for ToTo, I would have gone with, 99. The number of jabs, lies, months bars are closed ….. etc etc etc.

Went to see them a number of times live. Can listen to them all day every day...

5 minutes ago, Bob20 said:

Went to see them a number of times live. Can listen to them all day every day...

If you like history of the old stuff I could pm you a great YouTube channel that provides history on the bands and songs.

4 minutes ago, AdvocatusDiaboli said:

If you like history of the old stuff I could pm you a great YouTube channel that provides history on the bands and songs.

Why didn't you already? 🤔🙄🤭

4 hours ago, Thaiger said:

Mandatory quarantine and sealed routes could be scrapped as officials reconsider the rules for re-opening the country. The adoption of the “One SOP, One System” model for the re-opening of Pattaya, Chiang Mai, Hua Hin, Cha-am, and Bangkok from October 1

So will this then cut the numbers arriving in the Phuket sandbox? Imagine the Phuket governor crying in his spilt milk over this. But I do doubt the “One SOP, One System will be a One Stop Shop as we all know Thailand is Same Same but Different.

They still have not got the idea, that fully vaccinated tourist are not the problem.

ALL these draconian restrictions on tourists is ridiculous! 

The poorly vaccinated  or non vaccinated Thai's are the problem, they are the ones spreading the virus.

There is no need to insist that tourists  have XY or Z, or must do AB or C.

• Like 1

The Devil is in the detail. I can only hope that by early next year it's back to Visa on arrival, go where you want. Just be vaccinated and wear a mask when you can't safely distance.

• Like 2

Taking the initiative in isolation, this has to be seen as a good first step in the road of common sense. It was crazy that different areas were developing different models. Why would Samui need 7 days hotel quarantine and Phuket none?  Inly one can be best practice for an island destination. I see this as an excellent first step to get a consistent and more manageable process in place.

However! This is still well short of where it will need to be in order to return to pre-pandemic levels of tourism. I’m sure they are aware of this and if this plan draws in 5 million next year, then that will be seen a success, miracle even. The best snippet in the article is the suggestion of replacing tests 2 and 3 with Antigen tests. If that happens then it should reduce overal test costs to around 4,000 baht. Still a very expensive additional costs, but far better than the 8,000-15,000 

Finally, the success and further easing of this is all dependant on the vaccination roll out and any future twists and turns with the virus. They should hold off implementing this until January when vaccination rates should hit 70+%. October 1st is far too soon.  For the first time in a long time, I can see some light at the end of a long tunnel that isn’t an oncoming train. 

5 hours ago, HolyCowCm said:

Article Quote: Under the “One SOP, One System” model, the partial quarantine being proposed for Pattaya’s re-opening, as well as Chiang Mai’s sealed routes model, would both be scrapped, in favour of the same procedures being adopted across each province.

If you look at the areas that are proposed for CM saying the word sealed is a complete moronic brain dead joke. The areas that will be open are the complete city being Muang and then outreaching a really far distance from there going to Chiang Dao and even then some. This is a complete bad joke of a nightmare as is already open season for Bangkok and other provinces to easily sneak in and bypass the one checkpoint where they do nothing anyway. And, how are they really going to check and stop anyone from going more far as they already don't check now. All one has to do is leave their phone at where they are staying and go get a second phone, that is unless they have a good control regulating that.

On another point, ok, let everybody in as a free for all domestic and foreign visitors and let the illnesses and death count climb so it has a new negative movement and impact against their cockamamy absurdities since there is a long long way to vaccinate CM folk. My family is at risk as well as they are not offering the ideal vaccines to them. We already checked again and it is only the Chinese junk and then AZ being pushed for which my early 20's kids and my wife will not take as well as so so so many here. For me I only have one more Pfizer shot to go, but it won't be full activated by Oct 1, but if the poo hits the fan we are going to lock in more, and this means shut the wife's business for awhile.

Exactly - it's simply impossible to "seal" these areas whether Chiang Mai, Hua Hin or Pattaya.

Pattaya tried it early on, last year, and gave up after less than a day as it couldn't be without a full military cordon.

It's like making Bangkok a Sandbox - just absurd.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Soidog said:

Taking the initiative in isolation, this has to be seen as a good first step in the road of common sense. It was crazy that different areas were developing different models. Why would Samui need 7 days hotel quarantine and Phuket none?  Inly one can be best practice for an island destination. I see this as an excellent first step to get a consistent and more manageable process in place.

However! This is still well short of where it will need to be in order to return to pre-pandemic levels of tourism. I’m sure they are aware of this and if this plan draws in 5 million next year, then that will be seen a success, miracle even. The best snippet in the article is the suggestion of replacing tests 2 and 3 with Antigen tests. If that happens then it should reduce overal test costs to around 4,000 baht. Still a very expensive additional costs, but far better than the 8,000-15,000 

Finally, the success and further easing of this is all dependant on the vaccination roll out and any future twists and turns with the virus. They should hold off implementing this until January when vaccination rates should hit 70+%. October 1st is far too soon.  For the first time in a long time, I can see some light at the end of a long tunnel that isn’t an oncoming train. 

Thanks for paraphrasing 🤭

https://thethaiger.com/talk/topic/5136-news-forum-quarantine-sealed-routes-may-be-ditched-as-government-revises-re-opening-plan/?do=findComment&comment=58935

7 minutes ago, Soidog said:

They should hold off implementing this until January when vaccination rates should hit 70+%.

I know I won't get an answer, but "January" based on what?

Even believing all the figures, which you've said you don't, 70% of the population won't be vaccinated until Songkran next year at the earliest. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BIGGLES said:

The poorly vaccinated  or non vaccinated Thai's are the problem, they are the ones spreading the virus.

Well, yes, but since there are no tourists here to spread it that's inevitable!

Why add to the problem before you've at least prepared as best you can by vaccinating to a reasonable level?

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Jason said:

The Devil is in the detail.

There is not enough reams of paper in Thailand for the Thai Government to print out enough detail for the Devil. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, HolyCowCm said:

We already checked again and it is only the Chinese junk and then AZ being pushed for which my early 20's kids and my wife will not take as well as so so so many here. For me I only have one more Pfizer shot to go, but it won't be full activated by Oct 1, but if the poo hits the fan we are going to lock in more, and this means shut the wife's business for awhile.

That's exactly the view of all those I know here, where the only way to get anything is to agree to a dose of Sinovac first.

Nobody wants it, and the only ones willing are the medical staff and civil servants who have little option.

It's not making the most of what you've got by pairing it with AZ, but it's just putting people off.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AdvocatusDiaboli said:

Speaking of 99.

The English version is not a direct translation of the German original and contains lyrics with a somewhat different meaning. In the US, the English-language version did not chart, while the German-language recording became Nena's only US hit.

99 Luftballoons = 99 Air Balloons

song is good at translation as Facebook is to Thai language 

1 hour ago, Stonker said:

Well, yes, but since there are no tourists here to spread it that's inevitable!

Why add to the problem before you've at least prepared as best you can by vaccinating to a reasonable level?

Exactly my friend.

Little or no infections from the Sandbox tourist. All the infections coming from The Thai's. 

So why keep on treating cash cow as unclean.

Just insist on only admitting fully vaccinated tourists, with one pcr test taken at their point of departure 72 hours before. Nothing else.

Then open everything so, they can have a holiday experience,  rather than a jail look a like experience. 

They know this, they just will not accept that they have mismanaged the vaccine roll out.

• Like 1