News Forum - Man drunkenly climbs antenna tower in Bang Lamung following argument with wife

Thaiger

A man had to be rescued after he allegedly drunkenly climbed an antenna tower in Bang lamung, which is part of the Chon Buri province, last night. Rescue workers and local media went to the scene to find the man, whose name has been withheld, 17 metres up the pole around 9pm. Rescue workers and residents worked at getting the man down by pleading through a loudspeaker. This effort failed. The man confessed to being plastered and says he climbed the tower after a bout of heavy boozing. Also, an argument with his wife about visiting a local market contributed […]

The post Man drunkenly climbs antenna tower in Bang Lamung following argument with wife appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

15 minutes ago, DoUKnowWhoIAm said:

That one looks more accurate..

Are you sure? Ha ha ha!

I think he'd have struggled to climb those two horizontally polarised Yagi array TV aerials. They must be all of 30-60cm long.
Do the journalists just google 'antenna' and pick any photo?

'The antenna climber' - isn't that some sort of clinging garden plant?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Bluesofa said:

Are you sure? Ha ha ha!

I think he'd have struggled to climb those two horizontally polarised Yagi array TV aerials. They must be all of 30-60cm long.

It would be hard to get the drunk and the rescuers with a rope on the pictured antenna.

Written by....

Jack Arthur

Jack is from the USA, has a B.A. in English, and writes on a variety of topics. He lives in Thailand.

Lazy journalism.

I only joined up here today. It is was recommended to me as place with good mods.

But I am starting to have serious doubts about the quality of the news.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, RobMuir said:

But I am starting to have serious doubts about the quality of the news.

Wait until tomorrow when they report he's gone back up 🤣

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Bluesofa said:

Are you sure? Ha ha ha!

I can’t see any Yagi arrays in that picture. It begs the question however of how he got such apparently easy access to the tower. Why isn’t there a guard with a locked access hatch on to the ladder? That’s a rhetorical question of course. We know the answer TIT !!

53 minutes ago, Soidog said:

I can’t see any Yagi arrays in that picture. It begs the question however of how he got such apparently easy access to the tower. Why isn’t there a guard with a locked access hatch on to the ladder? That’s a rhetorical question of course. We know the answer TIT !!

Huh? Didn't you read the full story? It's still the only photo there, No photo of a mobile phone mast.

edit. Here you go:
274877549_Screenshotfrom2021-09-1406-31-39-edit1.png.cc56771cf9773c2ae6d8bd87bff20dd7.png

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Faraday said:

Used to think that all radios had an antenna.

Then I realised, that it was just a stereo type.

It must be a stereotype, as there are two Yagi arrays in the original story.

• Like 1

Well theres an idea for me, next time wife gets out of order, off i will go to climb our local mast.

Only 2 things stopping me, first, i dont drink, second, my damned legs dont work.Season 5 Reaction GIF by The Office

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, colinneil said:

Well theres an idea for me, next time wife gets out of order, off i will go to climb our local mast.

Only 2 things stopping me, first, i dont drink, second, my damned legs dont work.Season 5 Reaction GIF by The Office

Isn't that Chris Barry above? It's not you on a good day then?

• Haha 1