Pfizer second shot and Certificate rant

riclag

Sorry ,I don't know if this is the right place for my comment !

I went for my second shot of Pfizer  today 9/13/21 ,at Rajaphat University in Udon Thani .It was very orderly at times!

There were hundreds  of people converging to check in  between the hours of 10-12! All kinds of vaccine recipients were in lines according to their vaccine type.

After checking in and getting papers  we were told to sit  ! The staff made rows of chairs , some staff members coordinated each row and brought a row of people to the next station to  scan(QR code) on the  registration papers, afterward the staff directed people to sit in another location with rows of chairs ,to wait and go up stairs, were they were giving the shots.

Went up stairs and got in line according to the vax you needed ,sat down with the nurse and she gave the shot . Went over to another table and was told to sit and wait for 30 minutes ,they gave 2 paracetamol and a bottle of water!  After the 30  minutes, they asked if you wanted a certificate or wanted to go home. I told my wife to go wait outside and I went for the certificate 555.

These were the lines for a certificate!  Sad, I complained  to many of the staff,that there was no social distancing .they smiled in return!

Why in gods name, would  they herd hundreds of people in a corridor, instead of a hall, to hand over your papers, to get a certificate ! 

If I don't get covid from this, I never will!

certifpic.jpg.8559836731e780cdfc0536abc07b5fbd.jpg

Edited by riclag
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

That pic was for the certificate?  Bloody hell.

If I encounter the same on my 2nd shot this week, I'll bypass it and go to the hospital admin later to get my yellow vaccination booklet completed.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, MrStretch said:

If I encounter the same on my 2nd shot this week, I'll bypass it and go to the hospital admin later to get my yellow vaccination booklet completed.

Everything was fine up until that!  My wife overheard the staff talking about my complaining ! Every staging point up until then was fine and non threatening ,but this ...

You live down south I don't know what it was like for you the first time ,with crowds.  It wasn't the same for me compared to the first time !

It was all falangs the first time ,this time, it was all mixed, with Thai's and falangs. So many people!

Good luck

Edited by riclag
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, riclag said:

Everything was fine up until that!  My wife overheard the staff talking about my complaining ! Every staging point up until then was fine and non threatening ,but this ...

You live down south I don't know what it was like for you the first time ,with crowds.  It wasn't the same for me compared to the first time !

It was all falangs the first time ,this time, it was all mixed, with Thai's and falangs. So many people!

I'm there on the 15th for my second. The 1st was very orderly so I will report back after my second on the experience.

2 minutes ago, gummy said:

I'm there on the 15th for my second. The 1st was very orderly so I will report back after my second on the experience.

Hopefully the dirty falang complained enough ,so when its your turn in two days, they'll have their act sorted !

Good luck

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, GMoney2312 said:

So basically get in a huge line and catch Covid while waiting to not get Covid!

Hopefully there will be a short queue just for "hansum man" 😂

20 hours ago, riclag said:

Hopefully the dirty falang complained enough ,so when its your turn in two days, they'll have their act sorted !

Good luck

No dirty falangs yesterday. Everhthing easy pleasy.

5 hours ago, LoongFred said:

No dirty falangs yesterday. Everhthing easy pleasy.

Where you at Rajaphat U in Udon? Everything was easy pease japanesei for me too, except for trying to get the certificate in  the corridor from hell, as you can see in the pic.

Devils Den ,say what !

Edited by riclag
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, riclag said:

Where you at Rajaphat U in Udon? Everything was easy pease japanesei for me too, except for trying to get the certificate in  the corridor from hell, as you can see in the pic.

Devils Den ,say what !

Not at Udon. I picked up my official certicate at tbe hospital today. Very easy.

Got my second jab of Pfizer Cominarty today.

My appointment was for 1:00...five minutes til, my wife drives me to the entrance, and I see her school's "handler" shuttling in two of her farang teachers.  I step out and join them, we are whisked in immediately (ahead of everyone else, I'd wager to say).

Had to sign the forms, confirm weight and height and do their rotating chairs bit.

15 minutes later I was sitting in the "observation pit" and 40 minutes from the time I walked in the door, I was walking out and on my way to lunch with my wife.

Couldn't get my yellow book signed, need to go to the hospital for that and will wait until wife and kids are fully shot up  and do the family at once.

Couldn't have been easier.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, MrStretch said:

Got my second jab of Pfizer Cominarty today.

My appointment was for 1:00...five minutes til, my wife drives me to the entrance, and I see her school's "handler" shuttling in two of her farang teachers.  I step out and join them, we are whisked in immediately (ahead of everyone else, I'd wager to say).

Had to sign the forms, confirm weight and height and do their rotating chairs bit.

15 minutes later I was sitting in the "observation pit" and 40 minutes from the time I walked in the door, I was walking out and on my way to lunch with my wife.

Couldn't get my yellow book signed, need to go to the hospital for that and will wait until wife and kids are fully shot up  and do the family at once.

Couldn't have been easier.

Wow, good for you ,that you got whisked in and you didn't have a difficult experience  !  So they didn't give a certificate,  but your going for a Yellow Book after.

Edited by riclag

On 9/14/2021 at 12:18 PM, Poolie said:

Well if they're going to hit their vaccination target, scenes like these will become common in the next few weeks.

You cant have it both ways.

May be an image of text that says "ASEAN NOW THAILAND COVID-19 VACCINATION UPDATE 15th September, 2021 New 1st Dose 228,352 New 2nd Dose New 3rd Dose 464.749 975 -8,691 from yesterday +26,623 from yesterday -525 from yesterday TOTAL 1st Dose 27,945,433 TOTAL 2nd Dose 13,354,711 TOTAL 3rd Dose 40.13%of population (+0.32%) 617,490 19.18%of population(+0.67%) 1.32% of lon(+0.4"

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Chaimai said:

May be an image of text that says "ASEAN NOW THAILAND COVID-19 VACCINATION UPDATE 15th September, 2021 New 1st Dose 228,352 New 2nd Dose New 3rd Dose 464.749 975 -8,691 from yesterday +26,623 from yesterday -525 from yesterday TOTAL 1st Dose 27,945,433 TOTAL 2nd Dose 13,354,711 TOTAL 3rd Dose 40.13%of population (+0.32%) 617,490 19.18%of population(+0.67%) 1.32% of lon(+0.4"

Well got my second Pfizer shot in Udon yesterday, well organised as previously. Bit of a queue, but orderly waiting for the certificate but apart from that no problem. Observing the waiting areas I estimated that they were dealing with approx 70 people every 10 minutes for vaccinations. Not sure how many hours they are open from but say 6 hours per day would give 2520 per week at this facility based on a 5 day week.

5 hours ago, gummy said:

Well got my second Pfizer shot in Udon yesterday, well organised as previously. Bit of a queue, but orderly waiting for the certificate but apart from that no problem. Observing the waiting areas I estimated that they were dealing with approx 70 people every 10 minutes for vaccinations. Not sure how many hours they are open from but say 6 hours per day would give 2520 per week at this facility based on a 5 day week.

Good for you ,that the craziness didn't affect you. 

Are you gonna register for a Digital certificate?

Edited by riclag

22 hours ago, riclag said:

That is not crazy !!  

You want crazy, go to Bang Sue.

Fortunately, I have switched my second jab to a local hospital.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, riclag said:

Registered with the Mor Phrom app after 1st dose. Now I have the 2nd the digital cert is there

1 hour ago, BraveNewFahrenheit said:

I don't understand what all the fuss is about with waiting to get the certificate, I mean you are protected by the vax right?

My local government hospital had the certificate the afternoon after shot #2. No cost. It list Phizer.

Thanks

On 9/13/2021 at 2:39 PM, MrStretch said:

Your lucky. i had my 2nd shot in korat and we never had mention or offer of a certificate, just jab and 30 min wait and goodbye, so now i have no idea how to get any certificate.

Also when is the mor prom app going to include foreigners, surely can't be that difficult to include passport no's the same as thai i.d no's.

On 9/17/2021 at 12:20 PM, gummy said:

Registered with the Mor Phrom app after 1st dose. Now I have the 2nd the digital cert is there

How did you manage that, i have tried but only accepts thai's i.d numbers?