Show me your Dish

spicy_girl

On 9/21/2022 at 8:11 PM, KaptainRob said:

Left-overs from tonight's curry dinner.  I cooked enough for 4 but it was so tasty .... 🤫

Chicken curry - my own recipe with all natural herbs and spices include fresh curry leaves,
accompanied by 'bindi marsala' a mildly spiced okra dish, 
and served on organic brown rice (grown by friends) >

image.thumb.png.a28d00242048a38cb9d6c0d06ad999bf.png

That BROWN rice looks pretty WHITE to me. 

14 minutes ago, WilliamG said:

That BROWN rice looks pretty WHITE to me. 

The lighting makes it look whiter than it is.  I do find Thai brown (lightly polished) rice to cook up far nicer than Aussie brown though it still takes 2hrs in the cooker.

17 minutes ago, KaptainRob said:

The lighting makes it look whiter than it is.  I do find Thai brown (lightly polished) rice to cook up far nicer than Aussie brown though it still takes 2hrs in the cooker.

I don't know why anyone would prefer white rice over brown rice

I love brown rice 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sorry no photo, but hey everyone knows what an oven roasted chook looks like.

I brined a whole fresh chicken as an experiment and it came out so juicy and tender I will do again for cooking on the bbq, beer can style.

1/3 cup of cooking salt, not iodised, dissolved in 2 litres of water is all you need to immerse a medium sized whole chicken breast side down in fridge for up to 24hrs. You can add aromatics but I didn't as this was a 1st test.

• Like 2

Bought a new toy yesterday, a Sous Vide Cooker. Never been successful at cooking pork loin (not tenderloin), the machine can work by WiFi, cooked the pork loin (in a bag) for two and a half hours at 58.3 and it was the most tenderest meat I've ever tasted, just melted in the mouth with most of the juices still there. Made a potato salad to go with it. 

The meat can be pan seared, but didn't bother. 

IMG_20221117_173452.jpg

IMG_20221117_155643.jpg

• Like 1

Foodland's Took Lae Dee restaurant on Suk Soi16 (Asoke) is one of the best and very clean - it services local apartments as well as a few hotels >

image.thumb.png.3b49d5aa2770f118021516fbebdd4c9c.png

A hot favourite - krapow kai

Dishes range from ~85bt to 185bt for a pork steak with mushroom sauce - my cashew chicken was mid range >

image.thumb.png.3c148e8d3c65ad9bfd50db8c928dcb20.png

• Like 2