Local Visa Companies to help out?

GMoney2312

16 minutes ago, Faz said:

That is not what he wants to do.

He originally was asking and trying to figure out what to do so was not sure. He might change his tactic and direction as what it read from his posts. He is basically gathering information so not to get tripped up. The only thing certain is he is here with his wife, has a Multiple Non O 1yr and going to stay for the long run. But better he just have all the info you already put out here and can make a decision after when he needs to cross that road. Retirement at 800k or Marriage at 400k.

4 hours ago, GMoney2312 said:

Do not need a Visa agent now. You might say I like planning WAY ahead of the game.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

He originally was asking and trying to figure out what to do so was not sure. He might change his tactic and direction as what it read from his posts. He is basically gathering information so not to get tripped up. The only thing certain is he is here with his wife, has a Multiple Non O 1yr and going to stay for the long run. But better he just have all the info you already put out here and can make a decision after when he needs to cross that road. Retirement at 800k or Marriage at 400k.

Obviously not sure of the 'permissions and conditions' that Non Imm O ME Visa has attached to it.
If he intended to stay permanently the agent in the US did him no favours by obtaining the ME, when the single entry would have sufficed for his needs.
Maybe the agent didn't realise the local land borders were closed, although I don't think it was @GMoney2312 intention to do border runs in the first instance.

That's why we're here to help and advise how to proceed once we establish the members situation.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Funny story with the Visa agent in Los Angeles. I was told they had me down for a tourist Visa. They even required me to show proof of a return flight in 60 days that I had no intention of using.

When the Visa arrived, it was for Non Immigrant O. Which was great, since I had a year to worry about the next step. And the ME was never discussed. I think their office was so slammed they just put together what they wanted at the end. Not sure.

The 400,000 Baht funds is not an issue. I will just open a CD account in my name aside from my other bank account, and leave it there forever.

I have no intention of border hopping. From all the advice I have seen so far, the marriage Visa that I renew each year appears to be the goal.

Thoughts?

39 minutes ago, GMoney2312 said:

Funny story with the Visa agent in Los Angeles. I was told they had me down for a tourist Visa. They even required me to show proof of a return flight in 60 days that I had no intention of using.

When the Visa arrived, it was for Non Immigrant O. Which was great, since I had a year to worry about the next step. And the ME was never discussed. I think their office was so slammed they just put together what they wanted at the end. Not sure.

The 400,000 Baht funds is not an issue. I will just open a CD account in my name aside from my other bank account, and leave it there forever.

I have no intention of border hopping. From all the advice I have seen so far, the marriage Visa that I renew each year appears to be the goal.

Thoughts?

In my opinion choosing an extension of stay based on marriage is the most sensible way forward. 

2 hours ago, Faz said:

Obviously not sure of the 'permissions and conditions' that Non Imm O ME Visa has attached to it.
If he intended to stay permanently the agent in the US did him no favours by obtaining the ME, when the single entry would have sufficed for his needs.
Maybe the agent didn't realise the local land borders were closed, although I don't think it was @GMoney2312 intention to do border runs in the first instance.

That's why we're here to help and advise how to proceed once we establish the members situation.

I dealt with the Los Angeles Embassy twice before a long long time ago. Yeah it’s an odd one but he still is in a good position with his Non O for the long haul. Keep up the good work Faz. Cheers. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, GMoney2312 said:

What is a CD account? New term to me.
You can keep the funds in a Savings account, Fixed term Deposit account, or a Foreign Currency account (either Savings or Fixed term type).

1 hour ago, GMoney2312 said:

It's not a Visa. 
You were granted a stay of 90 days on entry, then you will be applying to extend that stay for a further one year based on marriage, which is a permit (of stay).

I strongly suggest you read this topic for a better understanding.

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, Faz said:

What is a CD account? New term to me.

A CD (certificate of deposit) is a type of deposit account that's payable at the end of a specified amount of time (referred to as the term). CDs generally pay a fixed rate of interest and can offer a higher interest rate than other types of deposit accounts, depending on the market.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, AdvocatusDiaboli said:

A CD (certificate of deposit) is a type of deposit account that's payable at the end of a specified amount of time (referred to as the term). CDs generally pay a fixed rate of interest and can offer a higher interest rate than other types of deposit accounts, depending on the market.

I'm guessing this is a type of account offered in the US.
Out of interest, are the funds accessible at any time, or only after the term.

For Immigration purposes funds must be immediately available if needed.
A Fixed term deposit account (as known in Thailand) would be the nearest, offering preferred interest rates over a fixed term. You can however withdraw funds immediately part way through the term if needed.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Faz said:

Out of interest, are the funds accessible at any time, or only after the term.

This is the length of time you agree to leave your funds deposited to avoid any penalty (e.g., 6-month CD, 1-year CD, 18-month CD, etc.) The term ends on the “maturity date,” when your CD has fully matured and you can withdraw your funds penalty-free.

Further information here, 

https://www.investopedia.com/terms/c/certificateofdeposit.asp

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Faz said:

If you've never applied for an extension of stay based on marriage then you have no experience and just quoting hearsay.

actually all my comments on this topic are helpful. thank you. 

• Like 1