Jump to content

News Forum - Police launch mobile Covid-19 testing for officers and families


Thaiger
 Share

Recommended Posts

Considered high-risk for contracting Covid-19 due to their frequent close interaction with the public, the Royal Thai Police launched a proactive screening campaign for officers and their family members to be tested for Covid-19. Mobile testing units have been dispatched from police headquarters to provide antigen tests to stations, starting with Bangkok. The national police force has created 10 mobile units to pilot the program, starting with the police stations at Phlap Phla Chai 1 and Phlap Phla Chai 2 in Bangkok. 4 people will staff each of the mobile units, with 2 handling driving and registration, and the other […]

The post Police launch mobile Covid-19 testing for officers and families appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

Considered high-risk for contracting Covid-19 due to their frequent close interaction with the public,

Really? Maybe with each other and only when collecting handouts, but other than their own probably not so in contact. In CM they they all live in police sponsored rooms. I never really see them interacting with the public.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

Mobile testing units

Making use of the sa-mart BMWs? No, theyre to busy with the crowding illegal foreigners. , I suggest they buy 20-30 sa-mart Lot Benz, (sa-mart=covid rapid test).

 

Edited by DoUKnowWhoIAm
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Really? Just like this? Who else is high risk? Hotel workers already got 3 shots. Mimisters? It's given, right? Now police... How about protesters? Defiantly deserve a mobile unit too

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

Considered high-risk for contracting Covid-19 due to their frequent close interaction with the public,

Maybe should test prison guards as well as on average 200 prisoners  a day with Covid. Amazing that it is reported only the Prison population have the virus, none of the guards or their close contacts. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, AdvocatusDiaboli said:

Maybe should test prison guards as well as on average 200 prisoners  a day with Covid. Amazing that it is reported only the Prison population have the virus, none of the guards or their close contacts. 

If it's not infection from the guards and no visits allowed. Must be letting the prisoners out on day release to catch covid. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

59 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

Really? Maybe with each other and only when collecting handouts, but other than their own probably not so in contact. In CM they they all live in police sponsored rooms. I never really see them interacting with the public.

Exactly. The check out girl in BigC has far more interaction with the public. Even before the pandemic it was routine to see police wearing a mask. Its standard attire for highway robbers anyway  isn’t it? 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Soidog said:

Exactly. The check out girl in BigC has far more interaction with the public. Even before the pandemic it was routine to see police wearing a mask. Its standard attire for highway robbers anyway  isn’t it? 

Why not Grab or Panda riders too. In Cm you will see some places that have 5 - 10 of them just sitting next to each other in certain places waiting for an order to come to them. If you go down by the steel bridge by the river and many many other places they are definitely too close next to each other and way over the limit of over 5. Talk about there ought to be a law enforced.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, HolyCowCm said:

Why not Grab or Panda riders too. In Cm you will see some places that have 5 - 10 of them just sitting next to each other in certain places waiting for an order to come to them. If you go down by the steel bridge by the river and many many other places they are definitely too close next to each other and way over the limit of over 5. Talk about there ought to be a law enforced.

This is a good illustration of why you can’t take the approach some countries have and apply it in Thailand. Common sense is rare in most countries. In Thailand is as rare as rocking horse sh*t. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The only thing here is it is common to have no sense. Realistically I can see these Grab and Panda and Line riders being the driving riding spike of the super spreaders. And I am actually being serious.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

Why not Grab or Panda riders too. In Cm you will see some places that have 5 - 10 of them just sitting next to each other in certain places waiting for an order to come to them. If you go down by the steel bridge by the river and many many other places they are definitely too close next to each other and way over the limit of over 5. Talk about there ought to be a law enforced.

That's true, but only 1 in 10 foreigners around that area wear a mask too ...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, AlexPTY said:

Really? Just like this? Who else is high risk? Hotel workers already got 3 shots. Mimisters? It's given, right? Now police... How about protesters? Defiantly deserve a mobile unit too

They've got some. They're called 'prison vans.'

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Bob20 said:

That's true, but only 1 in 10 foreigners around that area wear a mask too ...

With my looks I wear a mask not just for Covid. At least Covid gives a good excuse!

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, AdvocatusDiaboli said:

With my looks I wear a mask not just for Covid. At least Covid gives a good excuse!

Hahaha, that should have been their excuse for making that man wear 6 plastic bags!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Bob20 said:

Hahaha, that should have been their excuse for making that man wear 6 plastic bags!

Copywrite that bob. Ferrari Joes defence team may use that. You may just make some sheckles out of it!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Bob20 said:

That's true, but only 1 in 10 foreigners around that area wear a mask too ...

And I can't contest that comment either. Seems there is a little bit of privileged self importance going on, but with everyone. For me only when I run, but the other night in my housing area some Thai guy had a party with over 12 people in his front of his little house and didn't stop until about near 1 am. Now as of last night my close neighbor have 2 truck loads of people with Bangkok license plates staying all held up in their tiny little house with at least over 15 people. Mountain IQ folk. They just pull the truck into the driveway and unload and run into the house. I would love to call the police on them but they would know who did it and it just isn't worth the war. May sound bad on my part, but I really could care less if they get sick and whatever happens to them after that. No love from me there as I just tolerate them and their selfish mentalities. They keep quiet and stay out of my business and face and I do the same..

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

And I can't contest that comment either. Seems there is a little bit of privileged self importance going on, but with everyone. For me only when I run, but the other night in my housing area some Thai guy had a party with over 12 people in his front of his little house and didn't stop until about near 1 am. Now as of last night my close neighbor have 2 truck loads of people with Bangkok license plates staying all held up in their tiny little house with at least over 15 people. Mountain IQ folk. They just pull the truck into the driveway and unload and run into the house. I would love to call the police on them but they would know who did it and it just isn't worth the war. May sound bad on my part, but I really could care less if they get sick and whatever happens to them after that. No love from me there as I just tolerate them and their selfish mentalities. They keep quiet and stay out of my business and face and I do the same..

Yes, that's why I wouldn't mind the police checking at least as much as when they checked helmets and licenses.

And then we're not yet talking about the bars and massage places that have been open all the way since April, with just one or two getting raided once in a while!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Thaiger said:

... the Royal Thai Police have been involved in testings that have screened over 77,000 people all around Thailand. They have identified 287 Covid-19 infections in total, with 43 of those being members of the public

Screened 77,000 and only 287 infections?

That doesn't seem very "high risk" .....

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, Stonker said:

Screened 77,000 and only 287 infections?

That doesn't seem very "high risk" .....

Yes, low number... Did someone tell them to remove the facemark before swabbing?

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Join Thaiger Talk Today!

    Sign up in 30 seconds and join the discussion on everything Thailand!

  • Latest Posts

    1. 15

      Wise demanding detailed personal and financial information

    2. 6

      News Forum - Thai man arrested for pimping out 16 year old boy to sex creator

    3. 6

      News Forum - Thai man arrested for pimping out 16 year old boy to sex creator

    4. 61

      News Forum - Thailand ranks 32nd globally for Muslim travel

    5. 6

      News Forum - Thai man arrested for pimping out 16 year old boy to sex creator

  • Tell a friend

    Love Thaiger Talk? Tell a friend!
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By posting on Thaiger Talk you agree to the Terms of Use