Failed to do the 90 day report .

1 minute ago, Fluke said:

Thank you , posts stating the obvious are always welcome 

What a pity you have resorted to bickering yet again when I corrected your infactual statement, which if you claim it was obvious, why did you write something knnowing it to be wrong ? I suggest you stop your nonsense and take @Faz advice irrespective of whether you may or may not stay and do it now before the hole you are digging for yourself with immigration gets deeper. 

11 minutes ago, gummy said:

What a pity you have resorted to bickering yet again when I corrected your infactual statement, which if you claim it was obvious, why did you write something knnowing it to be wrong ? I suggest you stop your nonsense and take @Faz advice irrespective of whether you may or may not stay and do it now before the hole you are digging for yourself with immigration gets deeper. 

Thank you for the advice , I shall get my 90 day report sorted out soon and I also may get a visa extension done at the same time 

8 minutes ago, Fluke said:

Thank you for the advice , I shall get my 90 day report sorted out soon and I also may get a visa extension done at the same time 

It's not a Visa extension either. You cannot extend a Visa.

Your applying to extend your permission of stay granted on initial entry.
An extension is a permit (of stay), not a Visa.

• Like 2

@gummy

For the past 8+ years, I've continuously tried to correct my Immigration office from using the term 'extend Visa'. Both the TM7 and the 'overstay' rules they ask you to sign make it quite clear it is not a 'Visa' you are applying for, but on each effort I get the usual 'blank' stare (don't understand).

I have over the years come to the following conclusions.
1. Immigration cannot pronounce the word 'extension', it's a tongue twister, 'Visa' is easier.
2. They don't understand the difference between a Visa and an extension of your permitted stay.
3. They think the foreigner is to 'thick' to understand the difference.

When trying to correct the 'Visa extension' term used by Immigration officers and agents alike to other foreigners, your then accused of being pedantic or using semantics.

I have known more than a couple of foreigners who believing they extended their Visa (because an Immigration officer stated so) have been shocked that on re-entry they received a 30 day Visa exempt stamp, instead of what they were expecting - they learned the hard way.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Just now, Faz said:

@gummy

For the past 8+ years, I've continuously tried to correct my Immigration office from using the term 'extend Visa'. Both the TM7 and the 'overstay' rules they ask you to sign make it quite clear it is not a 'Visa' you are applying for, but on each effort I get the usual 'blank' stare (don't understand).

I have over the years come to the following conclusions.
1. Immigration cannot pronounce the word 'extension', it's a tongue twister, 'Visa' is easier.
2. They don't understand the difference between a Visa and an extension of your permitted stay.
3. They think the foreigner is to 'thick' to understand the difference.

When trying to correct the 'Visa extension' term used by Immigration officers and agents alike to other foreigners, your then accused of being pedantic or using semantics.

I have known more than a couple of foreigners who believing they extended their Visa (because an Immigration officer stated so) have been shocked that on re-entry they received a 30 day Visa exempt stamp, instead of what they were expecting - they learned the hard way.

Spot on there as it immensly frustrating . The other issue is of course necomers to Thailand , or even this forum , may read comments where an extension of stay is incorrectly to referred to as a visa extension then go away , not knowing any differant, and thus become party to the continuation of such nonsense. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

is it not discrimination towards the less wealthy and favouritism towards the wealthy as there is news that 90 day reporting is no longer required in a policy in the pipeline to attract more wealthy expats coming? or 90 day reporting is to be maintained simply to show that there is advantage in joining the new visa scheme?

• Like 1

once i delayed in 90 day reporting due to the agent failing to report for me, i paid the fine baht 5000 BUT since then i never successful in using the immigration 90 day reporting app(seems they never update my information)

On 9/11/2021 at 1:16 PM, gummy said:

Spot on there as it immensly frustrating . The other issue is of course necomers to Thailand , or even this forum , may read comments where an extension of stay is incorrectly to referred to as a visa extension then go away , not knowing any differant, and thus become party to the continuation of such nonsense. 

an analogy: reply from 7-11 for suggestion to allow foreigners to register and use their app for shopping and pay (now still can not register without a thai ID card number): we thank you for your suggestion but regret to inform you we do not provide the service, not thinking about doing something different or change

53 minutes ago, ken said:

is it not discrimination towards the less wealthy and favouritism towards the wealthy as there is news that 90 day reporting is no longer required in a policy in the pipeline to attract more wealthy expats coming?

Thailand, discriminate..................never.  🙄

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, parkhyunjeong036 said:

If you submit 90-day reports without the required papers, your application will be denied and your project will be delayed. A foreign national who fails to complete a 90-day report on time will be fined THB 2,000 (per incident/person) for late reporting. A foreign national who has broken the law must pay the fine in person at the immigration office.

Link please.
That is not what the law states.

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Fluke said:

I did a Covid extension and the failed to do 90 day report wasn't mentioned , got away with it :) 

Maybe because when on Covid extensions you don't submit 90 day reports.
Your effectively reporting every 60 days when you submit a new application.

5 minutes ago, Faz said:

Maybe because when on Covid extensions you don't submit 90 day reports.
Your effectively reporting every 60 days when you submit a new application.

Although I was previously on a yearly visa and I should have done the 90 day reports then , thankfully they didnt notice when I applied for a Covid extension .

Had I applied for another yearly visa , they would have noticed and fined me 2000 Baht

9 minutes ago, Fluke said:

Although I was previously on a yearly visa and I should have done the 90 day reports then , thankfully they didnt notice when I applied for a Covid extension .

Had I applied for another yearly visa , they would have noticed and fined me 2000 Baht

You weren't on a yearly visa and you wouldn't have been applying for another yearly visa.

If you don't understand the cards in your hand, you'll never understand how to play the game.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Faz said:

You weren't on a yearly visa and you wouldn't have been applying for another yearly visa.

If you don't understand the cards in your hand, you'll never understand how to play the game.

Yes, yearly permission to stay .

Everyone refers to a permission to stay as being a visa , yes its the incorrect term , but when people say Visa , what they really mean is the permission to stay , everyone uses the word visa and everyone knows what they mean , even Thai immigration use the words "visa extension" , rather than permission to stay extension .

Visa and permission to stay are now interchangeable words  

22 minutes ago, Fluke said:

You didn't have a visa.

Correct terminology not helped by visa agents (and also Immigration !) who refer to extensions of stay as "visas" - they are NOT. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Fluke said:

NO!  They are not - only by the ill-informed or ignorant.

They are two VERY different animals.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chaimai said:

NO!  They are not - only by the ill-informed or ignorant.

They are two VERY different animals.

Its a bit like saying *I got home at one O'Clock last night* and someone pointing out that it was actually one O'Clock in the morning , rather than one O'Clock at night . 

Yes, I did  know that .

I recently applied for another extension of my marriage visa. When getting the docs ready realised I had stuffed up the date of my next 90 day and it was a month ago! I was annoyed I forgot to do it. But no excuses, it was purely my mistake. Just probably too many brain cells damaged over the years. 😀

Went to local Immigration office with my extension application, owned up and took responsibility for my mistake and was fined the expected 2000 Baht. No dramas and in fact the Immigration Officer thanked me for my honesty and apologised for fining me!

It was a fair cop, as I undertook such a responsibility knowingly, as I was clear as to my Visa requirements and had failed in meeting them. We live in a rural area, so travel in is a bit of a chore, but had used the online one before.

I look forward to the day it isn't required, especially as all the local office does is grab your passport and hand it back with the new slip. No proof etc of address and hence seems like another silly piece of admin without any real purpose. But until then, it is the requirement and my responsibility.

4 minutes ago, Smithydog said:

I recently applied for another extension of my marriage visa. When getting the docs ready realised I had stuffed up the date of my next 90 day and it was a month ago! I was annoyed I forgot to do it. But no excuses, it was purely my mistake. Just probably too many brain cells damaged over the years. 😀

Went to local Immigration office with my extension application, owned up and took responsibility for my mistake and was fined the expected 2000 Baht. No dramas and in fact the Immigration Officer thanked me for my honesty and apologised for fining me!

It was a fair cop, as I undertook such a responsibility knowingly, as I was clear as to my Visa requirements and had failed in meeting them. We live in a rural area, so travel in is a bit of a chore, but had used the online one before.

I look forward to the day it isn't required, especially as all the local office does is grab your passport and hand it back with the new slip. No proof etc of address and hence seems like another silly piece of admin without any real purpose. But until then, it is the requirement and my responsibility.

What is the given reason for the 90 day report ?

What purpose does it serve ?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Fluke said:

Its a bit like saying *I got home at one O'Clock last night* and someone pointing out that it was actually one O'Clock in the morning , rather than one O'Clock at night . 

Yes, I did  know that .

Nothing like that at all.

22 minutes ago, Fluke said:

Everyone refers to a permission to stay as being a visa , yes its the incorrect term , but when people say Visa , what they really mean is the permission to stay , everyone uses the word visa and everyone knows what they mean , even Thai immigration use the words "visa extension" , rather than permission to stay extension .

A foreigner who had to return home quickly due to a bereavement once asked me if he could re-enter without any problems. He didn't have his passport on his person, but assured me he had a Non Imm O-A Visa. (The Non O-A is multiple entry). No problem re-entering then!

Several weeks later, I bumped into the foreigner again, who at first exclaimed I gave him 'poor' advice.
On re-entry, he was extremely shocked and surprised to received a 30 day Visa exempt entry stamp.
Turned out his Non Imm O-A Visa expired 3 years previously and he'd been extending his permission of stay for the previous 3 years - a permit, not a Visa.

He for one would strongly disagree with your analysis that 'Visa' and 'permission of stay' are interchangeable words. As I stated, if you don't understand the cards in your hand, you'll never learn to play the game.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Fluke said:

For those who have permission of stay for more than 90 consecutive days in Thailand, the 90 day reports are to confirm your place of registered residence with Immigration has not changed.

If it has and you didn't file a new TM30, you may well be fined.

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Fluke said:

You can probably get a more informed and accurate opinion than mine! To me it is part of the rules I agree to and undertake when making such an application.

I am sure it was linked to some sort of identified threat to National Security and the Immigration people thought it was a way to keep track of the movements of aliens etc. I remember reading about something like that. Does it fit a purpose any more? Probably not when you consider how they collect the information without verification. But until it is changed, the reason doesn't matter to me. I agreed to do it, it is probably the law and that is fine.

After all, if they were interested in tracking me, they would find the experience pretty boring compared to others. 😁

Overall in my opinion, it is no different to much of the requirements many governments impose with visas and the like. Some probably have purpose, others are just paperwork fillers and keep someone in a job! 😀

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Fluke said:

The reason is obvious.

As for purpose?  None at all, IMO it is a total waste of everyone's time - especially Immigration.

The objective is already achieved when your address is confirmed at the time of applying for an extension of stay. Thereafter, your location remains unchanged unless you move address, then that change must be advised to Immigration - usually by submitting a TM30.

I see no added benefit to creating 3 more reporting dates.

• Like 1