Has anyone been successful in getting their Thai wife or GF Astra Zeneca, Moderna, or Pfizer.

longwood50

I am engaged to a woman who is Thai 50 years old.  She has registered on various hospital sites plus Mor Prom.  Have never heard anything from any of them.  My neighbor who is 40 got notification via Mor Prom and got Sinopharm.  

I am just wondering if we are missing something in terms of putting her in the queue for obtaining a vaccine. 

Yes, the wife and I both have had or first jab

of AstraZeneca , get 2 nd later this month , 

my daughter booked on some website .

she only got the Chinese  crap.

regards Worgeordie

The original CCSA announcements suggested all +60 Thais/foreigners would receive the AZ vaccination, whilst those under 60 would receive the Sinovac.

Since then it seems the vaccination type given has been dependant on having ample supplies.
I've read of both +60 Thai and foreigners receiving the Sinovac as the first, with AZ as the second jab, which appears to be in certain areas where the AZ is in short supply.

In certain areas the Pfizer vaccine has been used.
It's an evolving ever changing situation at the minute.

1 hour ago, longwood50 said:

I am engaged to a woman who is Thai 50 years old.  She has registered on various hospital sites plus Mor Prom.  Have never heard anything from any of them. 

She should go to your local Health centre, or if in town the Provincial Health centre to complain.
In most cases they are fully aware of the problems encountered with the various Apps for registration.
They can immediately register and make an appointment on her behalf.

In my particular district they haven't as yet made appointments for the 50 - 55 year age group, still concentrating on the +55 age groups. My wife is similar age to yours and although registered has been advised appointment maybe next month.
The government has been shifting the supplies to the more highly infected areas and Phuket, so certain outlying Provinces have been restricted with the general roll out, although the situation appears to be slightly improving.

Go to the local hospitals and ask to put her name down as a 'reserve' for an AZ shot. Sometimes people dont turn up for their scheduled injection, so they will make contact with those in the waiting list - she must be available at short notice.  But dont get an AZ shot within 3-4 weeks of a sinovac shot. And dont get a sinovac until 8-12 weeks afetr getting an AZ shot. That is just what I have heard - check with the hospital/doc.  

Was at Medpark BKK in the morning about 4 weeks ago getting my 1st Pfizer shot when the hospital staff approached my wife about getting a AZ shot while we were there (she's 43).  They said she could register and they would have her in the mix for the afternoon shot.  She refused.  When I found out I was "miffed" (don't want to be admonished for quoting the strikingly colorful language actually used) and asked her why not?  She said she did not trust any of the vaccines (as I slowly folded the appt for my next shot wondering if she had taken out even more life insurance on me).  You can lead a horse to water but...

Edited by DrPhibes
content

2 hours ago, AussieBob said:

But dont get an AZ shot within 3-4 weeks of a sinovac shot. And dont get a sinovac until 8-12 weeks afetr getting an AZ shot. That is just what I have heard - check with the hospital/doc.  

Certainly with the under 60's Bob, Sinovac followed by AZ appears to be the new norm being adopted.
Not sure of the period in-between, but 4 weeks has been mentioned.

Originally those receiving the AZ as both vaccinations were given 16 weeks for the second appointment, but that was soon amended to a period of 12 weeks, which is on the limit of WHO recommendations. (8 - 12 weeks). Maybe someone tipped them off. 🙄

• Like 1

My wife, of 50, just got her first Sinopharm this past week.  I got my Pfizer a week before that (high risk categories).

We'd registered for the Moderna, but that is not supposed to happen until October, if ever.

People should be registering with local hospitals, really.  Almost all of them have some kind of vaccine register, I think.  Bangkok Hospital (Your town) should have one for Sinovac, Sinopharm and AZ, at least.

16 hours ago, MrStretch said:

My wife, of 50, just got her first Sinopharm this past week.  I got my Pfizer a week before that (high risk categories).

We'd registered for the Moderna, but that is not supposed to happen until October, if ever.

People should be registering with local hospitals, really.  Almost all of them have some kind of vaccine register, I think.  Bangkok Hospital (Your town) should have one for Sinovac, Sinopharm and AZ, at least.

My wife>60 got sinovac AZ at the government hospital. 

On 9/10/2021 at 1:17 PM, worgeordie said:

Yes, the wife and I both have had or first jab

of AstraZeneca , get 2 nd later this month , 

my daughter booked on some website .

she only got the Chinese  crap.

regards Worgeordie

hello Worgeordie. nice to see you here. Where is your clockwork orange graphic?

regards,

NCC1701A