News Forum - Bangkok police to ramp up counter-protest measures

Thaiger

Police in Bangkok say they’ll get tougher on anti-government protest action, but without resorting to violence, according to a Bangkok Post report. Piya Tawichai from the Metropolitan Police Bureau says there is a need to control activists rallying at the Din Daeng intersection in order to keep law and order. However, he adds that the capital’s residents will not be affected by police action, nor will traffic be disrupted, as the plan is to track activists down after the event, rather than arrest them during the protest. According to Piya, there are already 3 people who face charges after officers […]

The post Bangkok police to ramp up counter-protest measures appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

35 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

Police in Bangkok say they’ll get tougher on anti-government protest action, but without resorting to violence,

Nonviolent live rounds?

• Haha 2
  • Angry 1

1 hour ago, Thaiger said:

Police in Bangkok say they’ll get tougher on anti-government protest action, but without resorting to violence, according to a Bangkok Post report. Piya Tawichai from the Metropolitan Police Bureau says there is a need to control activists rallying at the Din Daeng intersection in order to keep law and order. However, he adds that the capital’s residents will not be affected by police action, nor will traffic be disrupted, as the plan is to track activists down after the event, rather than arrest them during the protest. According to Piya, there are already 3 people who face charges after officers […]

The post Bangkok police to ramp up counter-protest measures appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Ominously, they are going to track down people after the event. 

Forger the virus, now I see the need for masks!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, AdamX said:

Ominously, they are going to track down people after the event. 

Forger the virus, now I see the need for masks!

The have a special force of Thai Magicians, they will try to make people disappear

I think is insane and it is seen as normal by people however let me point out these people and many more are AGAINST the government and the government is not listening and forcing they need to accept people like PRAYUT that nobody wants. I think there should be no police at all, what government should do is listen and FO   as requested. People are clearly staying their point here... STEP DOWN CLOWN PRAYUT, so listen to the people for once and FO... you not wanted

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Paco said:

I think is insane and it is seen as normal by people however let me point out these people and many more are AGAINST the government and the government is not listening and forcing they need to accept people like PRAYUT that nobody wants. I think there should be no police at all, what government should do is listen and FO   as requested. People are clearly staying their point here... STEP DOWN CLOWN PRAYUT, so listen to the people for once and FO... you not wanted

Yes, all Governments do that when a minority makes a noise. Thats democracy.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Poolie said:

The thing is if you say something from it,  they going to arrest you, plain stupid... FO PRAYUT

36 minutes ago, Paco said:

The thing is if you say something from it,  they going to arrest you, plain stupid... FO PRAYUT

Well, it IS during a worldwide pandemic. Show a touch of understanding is all they're saying.

8 minutes ago, Poolie said:

Well, it IS during a worldwide pandemic. Show a touch of understanding is all they're saying.

So what? If they do a bad job no excuses. And understanding? It is my health and my 1 only life I have.

I guess it is a slow week in Bangkok. No crime to fight. Let's go after the real trouble makers. The ones who refuse absolute fealty to Cha Cha. 

Edited by dmacarelli
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Poolie said:

You chinese ccp supporter  and dictatorship and torture fans . should not even put the word democracy in the mouth. But the world already have an eye on the organized criminals from the ccp. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Stardust said:

You chinese ccp supporter  and dictatorship and torture fans . should not even put the word democracy in the mouth. But the world already have an eye on the organized criminals from the ccp. 

This user is already known in other forums for his pro ccp dictatorships and pro comments for dictatorships and against the pro democracy in Hong Kong. It is really terrible if such people use the word democracy and advocat regimes with tortures and concentration camps.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Ynwaps said:

I want to join but I'm still in my second week of ASQ quarantine.

So much about human rights in Thailand

you have the right to protest... uh... uh... uh.. but to remove that right we arrest you, does it make sense? i thought Thailand was for the freedom of the Thai people (apparently only when it goes their way)

2 hours ago, Stardust said:

This user is already known in other forums for his pro ccp dictatorships and pro comments for dictatorships and against the pro democracy in Hong Kong. It is really terrible if such people use the word democracy and advocat regimes with tortures and concentration camps.

No CCP is the no needs to be. I hate the CCP. Fuc - China. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

No CCP is the no needs to be. I hate the CCP. Fuc - China. 

I am not a user of China with CCP added. I despise CCP. Not the people unless they are CCP and we are friends.  .

1 hour ago, Paco said:

you have the right to protest... uh... uh... uh.. but to remove that right we arrest you, does it make sense? i thought Thailand was for the freedom of the Thai people (apparently only when it goes their way)

Umm. Errr 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, HolyCowCm said:

Umm. Errr 

12 hours ago, Paco said:

"Thailand was for the freedom of the  one Thai people  person "   now that reads  more like reality.

I think they should arrest all ministers for being such a dumb asses  and ignoring to step down because....

What they do.... new visas, re opening plans and rules,  freedom of speech, restrictions and the list goes on

Edited by Paco

22 hours ago, Poolie said:

Huh? Locking people up for peaceful protests is normal? Maybe in Russia, China, North Korea, Cuba, Iran, Turkmenistan, South Sudan, Thailand and Syria. But elsewhere, it is hardly considered normal. Despotic, desperate, power hungry, sad, sadistic, nasty, overbearing, and pathetic yes. Normal no.

201907asia_thailand_prayuth.jpg.webp