News Forum - FDA considering Sinopharm vaccine for children over age 3

Thaiger

The Food and Drug Administration said that it will consider a request by Sinopharm’s local representatives in Thailand to use their vaccine for children age 3 and older. Biogenie Tech Co is the distributor of the Sinopharm vaccine within Thailand and they have requested permission to lower the age group the vaccine is approved for from 18 years old to children over the age of 3. The Deputy Secretary-General of the FDA says their committee is now contemplating the request and whether the vaccine is effective and safe enough to lower the age limit. They vow to confirm or deny […]

The post FDA considering Sinopharm vaccine for children over age 3 appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

2 hours ago, Thaiger said:

The Food and Drug Administration said that it will consider a request by Sinopharm’s local representatives in Thailand to use their vaccine for children age 3 and older. Biogenie Tech Co is the distributor of the Sinopharm vaccine within Thailand and they have requested permission to lower the age group the vaccine is approved for from 18 years old to children over the age of 3. The Deputy Secretary-General of the FDA says their committee is now contemplating the request and whether the vaccine is effective and safe enough to lower the age limit. They vow to confirm or deny […]

The post FDA considering Sinopharm vaccine for children over age 3 appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Enough already - you are simply going to wake up the Gang of 4 Conspiracy Theorists AGAIN !

Can we have a Covid thread free month ?

• Haha 1

Because older people know that this vaccine is not right and you can't give it to them, doesn't mean you have to give it to children who can't refuse it.... 

• Like 5

25 minutes ago, DiJoDavO said:

Because older people know that this vaccine is not right and you can't give it to them, doesn't mean you have to give it to children who can't refuse it.... 

Aren't you thinking of Sinovac?

Sinopharm is far more effective and by far the most expensive.

Vaccine Comparison.png

1 minute ago, MrStretch said:

Vaccine Comparison.png

Ooh, I might have confused them😅 Thank you for the correction. 

• Like 1

1. give vaccine-s to kids ( and babies ),
will even more people, let think as conspiracy theorists, at least, reduces trust to 0,
in doctors and other experts /scientists, from institutions from government.
-
1.2 i not see the point in doing this or is corona-virus a, wake-up project ?
what also sounds as a crazy theory.
-
2. probably soon, not 2, but 3 vaccines, will be written as necessary.
and it will be year already. so together, it pushes point 1 even more.
-
3. if many people understand, number of, ca. 95 % of efficacy, in vaccine-s,
( not vaccinated people, have also, ca. 95 % chance, to stay healthy and alive ), this
will pushes point 1, one more time.
-
3.2 if you let, consumer thinking and fear, away, will you be interested in it ?

Edited by think-and-ask
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Thaiger said:

The Food and Drug Administration said that it will consider a request by Sinopharm’s local representatives in Thailand to use their vaccine for children age 3 and older. Biogenie Tech Co is the distributor of the Sinopharm vaccine within Thailand and they have requested permission to lower the age group the vaccine is approved for from 18 years old to children over the age of 3. The Deputy Secretary-General of the FDA says their committee is now contemplating the request and whether the vaccine is effective and safe enough to lower the age limit. They vow to confirm or deny […]

Read the full story

There are many vaccines that are recommended for children beginning at birth. Vaccines for children is not new.

https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/vpd/vaccines-age.html

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Thaiger said:

a request by Sinopharm’s local representatives in Thailand to use their vaccine for children age 3 and older. Biogenie Tech Co is the distributor of the Sinopharm vaccine within Thailand and they have requested permission to lower the age group the vaccine is approved for from 18 years old to children over the age of 3.

Well sure, if the company selling the product requests it only an anti vaxxer would say no!!!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Lawyers_Guns_and_Money said:

There are many vaccines that are recommended for children beginning at birth. Vaccines for children is not new.

https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/vpd/vaccines-age.html

Deliberate and despicable DEFLECTION between

- sterilizing vaccines for children meant to make them immune to child-diseases with potential health-risks

AND

- jabbing them with a non-sterilizing covid-vaccine with temporary effectiveness for catching a disease that has ZERO implications for their health BUT the vax screwing up their immune-system with life-long consequences. 

15 minutes ago, BlueSphinx said:

- sterilizing vaccines for children meant to make them immune to child-diseases with potential health-risks

AND

- jabbing them with a non-sterilizing covid-vaccine with temporary effectiveness for catching a disease that has ZERO implications for their health BUT the vax screwing up their immune-system with life-long consequences. 

Yea but, it's a new revenue stream.

That's what counts.

Gives a whole new meaning to:

"From cradle to grave"

Don't think that's what Churchill intended...

3 minutes ago, Faraday said:

Yea but, it's a new revenue stream.

That's what counts.

Gives a whole new meaning to:

"From cradle to grave"

Don't think that's what Churchill intended...

But unfortunately vaccines have saved millions of childrens lives yet still in many cases lack of vaccines has meant that the "cradle to the grave" process was far to early. 

1 hour ago, MrStretch said:

Vaccine Comparison.png

Once upon a time I used to like that table.   Now I dislike some of its columns.

The # of dose column is not very helpful. Far more useful in addition would be the additional information as to how much time in-between doses.  

The effectivness column is also not very helpful.  Effectiveness vs what?  vs catching the virus?  vs mild symptoms? vs serious symptoms?  vs death?   

The table is in serious need of an upgrade.

Edited by oldcpu
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, BlueSphinx said:

AND

Didn't mean to trigger you again. I hope you'll be okay.

Edited by KaptainRob
derogatory term removed
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, gummy said:

But unfortunately vaccines have saved millions of childrens lives yet still in many cases lack of vaccines has meant that the "cradle to the grave" process was far to early. 

Yes, I guess my comment was a bit too wry - if that's the correct word.

This could easily lead on to a new thread, but if huge profit wasn't to be had, would the pharmaceutical companies be so interested?

Maybe I'm being too cynical as well...

3 minutes ago, Faraday said:

Yes, I guess my comment was a bit too wry - if that's the correct word.

This could easily lead on to a new thread, but if huge profit wasn't to be had, would the pharmaceutical companies be so interested?

Maybe I'm being too cynical as well...

The problem as I see it is that that are many things developed or invented intially to help ones's fellow man.  Medicines are a prime example where in the 1st instsnce the intent was to help and cure yet hot on the heals of any discovery came explotation of those in need .   A similar yet very differant example could be Facebook. It was originally developed I guess as a bit of a wheeze by Zuckberg and co to judge the attaractiveness of students in a very simple and easy to use way. Then that grew to what it is now as a simple tool to exploit advertisers and get users to divulge certain things about their habits and lifestyles that could then be sold to third parties. Although to be fair there is still no cost for the basic software to install.

1 hour ago, oldcpu said:

The effectivness column is also not very helpful.  Effectiveness vs what?  vs catching the virus?  vs mild symptoms? vs serious symptoms?  vs death? 

It says on the bottom of the table, "Efficaccy against symptomatic disease, not against' infection", which is what all of the vaccines are saying.  They don't prevent you from getting the disease, they mitigate the symptoms reducing severity and hospitalization.

27 minutes ago, MrStretch said:

It says on the bottom of the table, "Efficaccy against symptomatic disease, not against' infection", which is what all of the vaccines are saying.  They don't prevent you from getting the disease, they mitigate the symptoms reducing severity and hospitalization.

So in effect they are non-sterilizing vaccines (allowing the vaxxed to get infected and transmitting it).  Every first year student virology KNOWS that you should not use such non-sterilizing type vaccines for mass-vaccination during a pandemic, and ONLY use them sparingly just to protect those at highest risk.  

55 minutes ago, MrStretch said:

Noted - but there is more to this than that.  Efficacy of no-infection vs mild illness, vs serious illness vs death would be far more useful and not so difficult to put in the table.   By now such data should be available.

I still think the table is in serious need of an update. 

Well here they go again by appeasing and inserting their head up the communists rear-end going against the people's wants. Only thing going for it is it is supposedly better than sinojunk. CCP needs to be severely slapped not continually kiss a-rse rewarded.

1 minute ago, HolyCowCm said:

Well here they go again by appeasing and inserting their head up the communists rear-end going against the people's wants. Only thing going for it is it is supposedly better than sinojunk. CCP needs to be severely slapped not continually kiss a-rse rewarded.

I think they're finally starting to understand that the only thing that will help is to vaccinate. Unfortunately, placing orders now for the best performing vaccines, means delivery next year. So, I guess they'll now have to buy the most expensive vaccine by far (Sinopharm) if they want to receive anything in the near future.

3 minutes ago, Bob20 said:

I think they're finally starting to understand that the only thing that will help is to vaccinate. Unfortunately, placing orders now for the best performing vaccines, means delivery next year. So, I guess they'll now have to buy the most expensive vaccine by far (Sinopharm) if they want to receive anything in the near future.

My daughter in BKK is getting the Sinopharm jab next week (appointment) as waiting for her Moderna appointment will be way too long. She see's no other fast choice and I can't say her worries are unfounded. Even to get Sinopharm if you have seen the news is an OMG compared to what you and I went through to get our first shot in CM of Pfizer last week. Hopefully she stays safer with it.

My big complaint is they are now always feeding and praising the evil CCP by their continual acts of cunnilingus bungnilingus. I just wish we all can get quickly past this and then not do any jabs, and none of the conspiracy theories of vaccines come out to be true. But in the mean time for my thinking is better to be safer than sorry and at least have freedom to move around or not worry about getting ill and dying or paying heavy hospital bills out covering one of my family or extended family members..

19 minutes ago, Bob20 said:

I think they're finally starting to understand that the only thing that will help is to vaccinate.

Indeed.

Given children tend to have much higher immunity, children are less likely to be seriously ill (and less likely to die) from this virus,  and given children should live MUCH longer than those of us in our 60s, this is one area wrt vaccination application that I hope the authorities take their time more in deciding for vaccine roll out.

As much as I dislike the low efficacy of Sinovac, I do note that it uses an 'inactivated vaccine' method that historically (for other vaccines) that is more proven than the mRNA vaccines, and more proven than AstraZeneca's recombinant viral vector vaccine method.

Hence given children are already pretty resistant to the virus, in addition to my being very reluctant to giving them a vaccine that has not had major trials against children, I also note the children will live decades longer than those who are much older, and hence the children more vulnerable to as of yet any undetected very long term (to develop) side effects, if any. 

I hope they don't rush into this approach.

19 minutes ago, Bob20 said:

Unfortunately, placing orders now for the best performing vaccines, means delivery next year. So, I guess they'll now have to buy the most expensive vaccine by far (Sinopharm) if they want to receive anything in the near future.

I hope they use caution.

What is best? 

mRNA which don't have decades to prove no long term as of yet undetected side effects?  Or 'inactivated vaccine' which has decades of proof behind such development.

Once again - a very difficult call for the authorities to make.

Edited by oldcpu

3 minutes ago, oldcpu said:

Indeed.

Given children tend to have much higher immunity, children are less likely to be seriously ill (and less likely to die) from this virus,  and given children should live MUCH longer than those of us in our 60s, this is one area wrt vaccination application that I hope the authorities take their time more in deciding for vaccine roll out.

As much as I dislike the low efficacy of Sinovac, I do note that it uses an 'inactivated vaccine' method that historically (for other vaccines) that is more proven than the mRNA vaccines, and more proven than AstraZeneca's recombinant viral vector vaccine method.

Hence given children are already pretty resistant to the virus, in addition to my being very reluctant to giving them a vaccine that has not had major trials against children, I also note the children will live decades longer than those who are much older, and hence the children more vulnerable to as of yet any undetected very long term (to develop) side effects, if any. 

I hope they don't rush into this approach.

I hope they use caution.

What is best? 

mRNA which don't have decades to prove no long term as of yet undetected side effects?  Or 'inactivated vaccine' which has decades of proof behind such development.

Once again - a very difficult call for the authorities to make.

I think the discussion should be redundant.

They need to vaccinate vulnerable and at risk groups first. That's not going to finish this month.

So, we have time to discuss vaccinating children, because that's a hot topic. From what age etc. We have to weigh the risks of severe disease or death from Covid against the risk of side-effects.

And mRNA vaccines, just look it up... The proteins in the vaccines will start an immune response in the body and we can measure this and we know it is effective. The proteins themselves are broken down within weeks and disappear as simple amino-acids. If you're not worried about mixing different vaccines, you certainly shouldn't worry about something that has far less chance of causing problems.

The choices and decisions are not difficult to make. You see in other countries how the decisions started, how huge the uptake was and how they are slowly getting their freedom back. But if they dither and delay and try to find alternatives, we'll stay at the end of the line...

16 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

My daughter in BKK is getting the Sinopharm jab next week (appointment) as waiting for her Moderna appointment will be way too long. She see's no other fast choice and I can't say her worries are unfounded. Even to get Sinopharm if you have seen the news is an OMG compared to what you and I went through to get our first shot in CM of Pfizer last week. Hopefully she stays safer with it.

My big complaint is they are now always feeding and praising the evil CCP by their continual acts of cunnilingus bungnilingus. I just wish we all can get quickly past this and then not do any jabs, and none of the conspiracy theories of vaccines come out to be true. But in the mean time for my thinking is better to be safer than sorry and at least have freedom to move around or not worry about getting ill and dying or paying heavy hospital bills out covering one of my family or extended family members..

I hear you. No easy choice and we were lucky.

Yet I hope that the powers that be will keep things safely restricted until most have had 2 jabs.

With all the irrational decisions to vaccinate some non-urgent groups and only some locations, and now start talking about children while vulnerable people are still not protected, just sound like they spin a wheel of fortune every day.

2 minutes ago, Bob20 said:

And mRNA vaccines, just look it up... The proteins in the vaccines will start an immune response in the body and we can measure this and we know it is effective. The proteins themselves are broken down within weeks and disappear as simple amino-acids. If you're not worried about mixing different vaccines, you certainly shouldn't worry about something that has far less chance of causing problems.

Sinopharm isn't an mRNA vaccine.

If we're going to give kids shots, then this one seems the best to me, as it isn't an experimental technology and I have some faith in the immune response systems of kids.

My wife got her first Sinopharm this week, and I would rather her have that than the AZ or Sinovac that was also on offer.

Like HCM, I worry about my kids, in their early 20s, and waiting for Moderna.