News Forum - Singaporean who repeatedly refused to wear a face mask jailed for 16 weeks

Thaiger

18 hours ago, Cg66 said:

Show me the Study That says that masks work.

The problem with the "show me a study" argument, is that mask wearing is difficult to study and determine it's statistical influence because of the nature of the behavior.

In the "Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America" they admit that finding the "exact numbers for which you wish are difficult to determine, but they found, in review of what research was available: "The preponderance of evidence indicates that mask wearing reduces transmissibility per contact by reducing transmission of infected respiratory particles in both laboratory and clinical contexts. Public mask wearing is most effective at reducing spread of the virus when compliance is high."

https://www.pnas.org/content/118/4/e2014564118

5 hours ago, Cg66 said:

Mask wearing is working well isn’t it? Completely stops transmission doesn’t it? It doesn’t make a jot of difference. Some very dim uninformed people on here.

Yes, I have noticed.

• 3 months later...
On 9/7/2021 at 8:40 AM, Cg66 said:

Show me the Study That says that masks work. It’s a political statement of compliance, nothing else. The world health organisation turned on a sixpence, rubbishing wearing of masks for a 20 year period up to the 9th of April, then completely changing their mind two days later. They might be a help for diesel fumes, but at 0.12 of a micron in size, unless you stop breathing they are pointless against Covid . Incredible how many sheep with lack of any critical thought post on here. Compare the countries around the world with when they use them and when they don’t and you could easily come to the conclusion that they increase transmission. When France and Spain made them mandatory cases skyrocketed. This woman seems more aware of the futility of wearing the and has a backbone to fight back against the insanity

Whether masks work is completely beside the point. If the country makes a law stating they are to be used then that's it! You shouldn't enter a country and deliberately flout their laws.

• Thanks 1