News Forum - Proof of vaccination to be required for dine-in service in “dark red” provinces

Thaiger

3 hours ago, poohy said:

Sorry not wishing to be argumentative

Apart from app which i was told by nurse to use i have never seen a yellow book and re the other 2 things i have never heard of

Any links would be greatful i suppose yellow book is obtained from hospital?

Yellow Book (Vaccine Passport) is available with a booking and a flight ticket but the flight was never requested

IMG_0590.jpg

3 hours ago, nikoncam said:

my vaccination status is no one but my doctors business. this vaccine passport is an invasion into privacy.

Posted on internet forum.
So much for your privacy.
I just returned from France and had to show my covid vaccination pass (or recent certificate of testing) before entering a pub, restaurant, train, movie theater. Worked well, and you feel safer knowing there is a lot less chance of getting covid.
And when working I needed that yellow certificate before entering most countries. No vaccinations, no entry.

3 hours ago, AdvocatusDiaboli said:

Just copied off the French. Maybe other European countries as well. 

No, the French version is far from the same.

The "vaccine passport" system alone is very different - just because most cars have four wheels doesn't mean they're all the same.

Edit: in case I'm not being clear, it's not the principle I'm objecting to but the execution.

The principle's fine with me, but the execution / implementation is asinine.

36 minutes ago, Stonker said:

... in case I'm not being clear, it's not the principle I'm objecting to but the execution.

The principle's fine with me, but the execution / implementation is asinine.

The "vaccine passport", for example.

If you want a "yellow book" / hard copy / paper version you have to go to one of only three offices in Bangkok, where only six civil servants are allowed to sign them.

For over sixty million people!

What's wrong with the very simple solution of every hospital issuing everyone with one when they have their second vaccination?

As records and verification are centralised, that's no more and no less open to faking and fraud than doing so at three offices in Bangkok.

As for showing a QR code on a smartphone app to a card reader to get into a restaurant, it's absurd as a check or verification of vaccination.  All you need is a screenshot or photo of anyone's QR code (and there are already countless ones on the 'net with people saying "it looks like this") and you're in.

Absolutely asinine.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Alavan said:

Posted on internet forum.
So much for your privacy.
I just returned from France and had to show my covid vaccination pass (or recent certificate of testing) before entering a pub, restaurant, train, movie theater. Worked well, and you feel safer knowing there is a lot less chance of getting covid.
And when working I needed that yellow certificate before entering most countries. No vaccinations, no entry.

Glad you agree. Too many feel it's an invasion of privacy, but it isn't. Whoever looks at your certificate or QR code only knows that you've been vaccinated, nothing else about your medical records.

And for the people worried about privacy, watch the documentary iHuman about what is already happening that you may not know and what is coming soon.

What we defined as privacy previously is gone.

1 hour ago, Thommo said:

Yellow Book (Vaccine Passport) is available with a booking and a flight ticket but the flight was never requested

IMG_0590.jpg

They do want a flight booking also for the yellow booklet (not a ticket).

BTW - I took that photo, as well as wrote how to get the booklet, so I should know ;)

3 hours ago, AdvocatusDiaboli said:

Just copied off the French. Maybe other European countries as well. 

But surly not with this low vaccination and missmanagement of the vaccine stocks and avaibility! This things you can discuss when over 50% got their jabs and vaccines are everywhere avaiable! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, shanghailoz said:

They do want a flight booking also for the yellow booklet (not a ticket).

BTW - I took that photo, as well as wrote how to get the booklet, so I should know ;)

Can you send a better photo of the QR codes? This one isn't of sufficient quality for me to copy 🤣

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, nikoncam said:

my vaccination status is no one but my doctors business. this vaccine passport is an invasion into privacy.

if you're in a western country you would have lots of Anti Vaxx friends, if in Thailand enjoy the loneliness.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, MrStretch said:

My son sent me a pick of he and his gf out for pizza last night, so they won't be able to do that again, because neither is vaccinated?

Of course they can, @MrS.

Just send them a screenshot of your QR code on 'Line' and they can pig out on all the pizza they want.

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Stonker said:

The "vaccine passport", for example.

If you want a "yellow book" / hard copy / paper version you have to go to one of only three offices in Bangkok, where only six civil servants are allowed to sign them.

For over sixty million people!

What's wrong with the very simple solution of every hospital issuing everyone with one when they have their second vaccination?

As records and verification are centralised, that's no more and no less open to faking and fraud than doing so at three offices in Bangkok.

As for showing a QR code on a smartphone app to a card reader to get into a restaurant, it's absurd as a check or verification of vaccination.  All you need is a screenshot or photo of anyone's QR code (and there are already countless ones on the 'net with people saying "it looks like this") and you're in.

Absolutely asinine.

Doesn't work like that on my app. there's a refresh button you can be asked to hit to show live status. It's simple and easy. They can also make you check in with their QR code which isn't possible if you're not vaccinated. Screenshot_20210904_162237_sa_gov_nic.tawakkalna_edit_766824087869449.thumb.jpg.47f058f9b1d60f80fb63201214ee18ab.jpg

1 minute ago, TheDirtyDurian said:

Doesn't work like that on my app. there's a refresh button you can be asked to hit to show live status. It's simple and easy. They can also make you check in with their QR code which isn't possible if you're not vaccinated. Screenshot_20210904_162237_sa_gov_nic.tawakkalna_edit_766824087869449.thumb.jpg.47f058f9b1d60f80fb63201214ee18ab.jpg

Oh and that's my photo, name, and ID number I've crossed out so it's obvious it's me and not random person from internet.

5 hours ago, nikoncam said:

How about your body temperature that anyone can see on the display when you enter somewhere? Or the app you use to scan where you go in and out? Or the list of names and telephone numbers?

A QR code or piece of paper seems less invasive to me.

Unless you don't use the others either, in which case you seem not to bothered about the wellbeing of your fellow men/women. In that case don't play ball and stay at home.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, TheDirtyDurian said:

. there's a refresh button you can be asked to hit to show live status. 

"Asked" by who?

The waitress in Pizza Hut?

The MD who's showing you to your expensive table for your booking?

17 minutes ago, TheDirtyDurian said:

They can also make you check in with their QR code which isn't possible if you're not vaccinated. 

Who can "make you"?

The waitress, etc?

... and of course  it's possible for @MrS's son to "check in with their QR code" - he just uses his dad's phone! 

24 minutes ago, TheDirtyDurian said:

It's simple and easy

It certainly is - simple and easy to get around!

1 hour ago, Stonker said:

Edit: in case I'm not being clear, 

They copied the French etc in having to prove your vaccination status in restaurants, tourist places etc. Not how you prove it, just that you have to.

If we have to use a passport we’re screwed, as I said when they announced the Yellow Passport that it was going to be a disaster with only 6 signatories.

Also as I can see that soon we will have to present verification of vaccination in Thai Government departments not just restaurants.

2 hours ago, Stonker said:

Yes.

"Freedom" has a price.

Just when you thought you finally got it (got my appointment next week👏👏👏) it's still not completely solved. My freedom will be after 12 weeks (2nd dose) I guess? 😂

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Stonker said:

"Asked" by who?

The waitress in Pizza Hut?

The MD who's showing you to your expensive table for your booking?

Who can "make you"?

The waitress, etc?

... and of course  it's possible for @MrS's son to "check in with their QR code" - he just uses his dad's phone! 

It certainly is - simple and easy to get around!

1) person at the door checks. Non compliance = no entry 

2) person at the door asks you to check in. Non compliance = no entry 

3) not possible to check in with someone else's phone because like I said there's a picture of you just above your vaccination status. I crossed it out. Maybe you didn't notice that I mentioned that. It also shows name and ID number in the same screen. Again, fraudulent attempt at entry = no entry 

All of which can be checked in about 5 seconds.  

I realise you're not familiar with how any of this works, but you WILL be. 😆😆😆

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, TheDirtyDurian said:

Oh and that's my photo, name, and ID number I've crossed out so it's obvious it's me and not random person from internet.

You're talking about the hard copy / "vaccination passport", not the app.

The app's asinine as it's so easy to get around in practice, and the problem with the "vaccine passport" is that it's only available in Bangkok with an outward flight ticket.

How many people do you think that applies to, farang or Thai?

The painfully obvious "simple and easy" solution was to issue the same vaccine passport to everyone when they had their second jab, or through local hospitals within a week.

Somehow, too simple and too easy.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, AdvocatusDiaboli said:

They copied the French etc in having to prove your vaccination status in restaurants, tourist places etc. Not how you prove it, just that you have to.

If we have to use a passport we’re screwed, as I said when they announced the Yellow Passport that it was going to be a disaster with only 6 signatories.

Also as I can see that soon we will have to present verification of vaccination in Thai Government departments not just restaurants.

Agreed - personally I don't have a problem with the principle, but the execution is just absurd.