News Forum - Tourism ministry wants Thailand fully re-opened, without quarantine, by January

Thaiger

4 minutes ago, BigHewer said:

.... the data analysis is spot on.

Only one problem there - WHAT "DATA"???

@Bob20's said repeatedly that he doesn't have any "data", but he just doesn't believe anyone else's!😂

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Stonker said:

???

Do you mean 80 million more jabs in the next three months?

If so, that would be twice as many as in the last six, so four times the rate!!! 

Even if you only mean 80 million in total, including those administered so far, that's still twice as many as in the last six!!!

Maybe you need to look at you figures again ... 😂

Probably right, Stonker. The pace of vaccination may accelerate slightly but will hit a wall and not be maintained.

3 minutes ago, Stonker said:

@Bob20's said repeatedly that he doesn't have any "data", but he just doesn't believe anyone else's!😂

Bob20 feels the vibe out there pretty well in terms of willing arms. He’s the captain of the other side.

• Like 1
  • Cool 1

13 hours ago, Soidog said:

The numbers are 30,000 with over 500,000 tests per day. Yes, per day!! The country is fully open unlike Thailand with its bars and restaurants closed or limited service. It’s cinemas and gyms and nightclubs are also open. If you can at least try to compare apple with apples it would help. 

I'm only passing on what I hear and read.The message coming out is that the NHS and the experts are getting very nervous as winter approaches.I am not comparing the UK to Thailand in any way,it's just about being able to travel to and from both countries.I think it's going to get worse before it gets better this coming winter.I would be happy to be proved wrong and be able to visit in February.

• Like 1

I think that the "number crunchers" who rely on media or even Thai Government statistical figures are always correct  but invariably wrong in their acceptance of the numbers they work with.

There certainly seems to be a large degree of seemingly inconsistent stats reported versus apparent distribution and  vaccine coverage yet anecdotally there also does appear to be confirmed reports of recipient vaccinations that do not  correlate to provided figures.

So my question is what is important at the end of the debate? Is it the assumed falsification or the actuality of result in terms of a process that is way and well beyond informed comprehension of undisclosed  fact?

Why is there this sort of expectation that full detail of events involved in a fluid situation influenced by factors never revealed to the public not only in Thailand but in most national regimes ?

Underplayed or overplayed can only be the opinion of those who have no basis other than speculative  opinion.

• Cool 1

13 minutes ago, Stonker said:

I asked for verifiable data, not someone else's opinion.

But I know you continue until the cows come home with patience even if there's no way out, so just give it a rest.

If I wanted your opinion, we could discuss. But that's not what I asked.

• Cool 1

20 minutes ago, BigHewer said:

Bob20 feels the vibe out there pretty well in terms of willing arms. He’s the captain of the other side.

But, by now rather obviously, without any "data" - or at least any "data" that he's willing to accept, from anyone, if it doesn't match his view! 😂

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Stonker said:

But, by now rather obviously, without any "data" - or at least any "data" that he's willing to accept! 😂

Sorry, I’ve lost track of the data you’re referring to.

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, BigHewer said:

Probably right, Stonker. The pace of vaccination may accelerate slightly but will hit a wall and not be maintained.

At the present rate, roughly 40 million in 6 months by all the available figures, that means another 80 million in a year.

That seems a bit more realistic, particularly if Sinovac is either not accepted or only accepted 1:1 with AZ.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, BigHewer said:

Wow, I've been on this forum only 3 weeks ☺️ That doesn't say much for the rest of the team 😔

But seriously, I'm only on the side of getting out of this pandemic in the safest way and not by trial and error that ruins people's lives with sickness and death. People can live another few weeks or months as they have done over the last 18 months, if it means no loved ones die unnecessary.

We know, for now, vaccination is the only way. And you do that before you ease restrictions that will allow the virus to spread again. That was the promise for Phuket as well and it didn't happen. I am not convinced it is happening for the next "experiments" either and I understand that people here are very worried.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Bob20 said:

I asked for verifiable data, not someone else's opinion.

You've been given it a-plenty, @Bob20, but you just don't like it.

Embassies, foreign government statements, manufacturers and suppliers, the CCSA - you've dismissed them all as "figures plucked from different unverifiable places" and "whatever unofficial hearsay you could find" whether from me or from anyone else.

55 minutes ago, Bob20 said:

If anyone else has hard verifiable numbers, then I am still interested

"Hard verifiable numbers" from where? 😂

You won't accept any from foreign governments, foreign embassies, manufacturers, suppliers, the Thai government, the CCSA, or the media even though for once they all agree and all point to the exact same conclusion - around 39 million jabs.

What's left that you'll accept??? 😂

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Convert54 said:

There certainly seems to be a large degree of seemingly inconsistent stats reported versus apparent distribution and  vaccine coverage yet anecdotally there also does appear to be confirmed reports of recipient vaccinations that do not  correlate to provided figures.

Well, no.

If you look at all the available stats, from all sources, they're actually all consistent and all point to the exact same figure - around 39 million jabs here in around six months.

Despite what's been said, there aren't any stats or figures from anywhere that show or even suggest anything else - or if there are no-one here can find them.

1 hour ago, Soidog said:

My “negative” comments are observations about what is wrong in any society.

And just wait for those in society to say, if you don’t like it here ………

Your going to always get those type of people. 

56 minutes ago, BigHewer said:

Nothing could be further from the truth.  He either refuses to accept or ignores the data that doesn't match his spin, and when challenged to provide data to match his spin, he fails to do so.

As for feeling the vibe - I don't think he has any idea as to the real vibe.  Instead he puts forth an opinion which is fine - we all have an opinion, but that's all it is. No data to back it up.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, BigHewer said:

Sorry, I’ve lost track of the data you’re referring to.

That's hilarious, given it was the data you were referring to in terms of your thread assessment, claiming you had 'read the full thread'.  

1 hour ago, King Cotton said:

Fair question. The ball's in your court, now, @Soidog. . . . tough question, I reckon (:-)

And the best of British, including Leeds, who Liverpool will marbleise, this evening.

Cheers to both of you!

KC

No thanks KC. I only respond to people who are prepared to make their own opinions known, rather than dissecting the details of others and then spinning them to suit their own agenda, all done in an arrogant, smug, aloof and argumentative tone . That guy is happy to criticise the U.K. from “thousands of miles” away and yet it’s no ok for me to do the same about Thailand while he’s in Nakhon Nowhere.   I talk daily to many people, Thai and foreigners who are in Thailand. I doubt anyone would talk to him from his own country anymore. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, AdvocatusDiaboli said:

And just wait for those in society to say, if you don’t like it here ………

Your going to always get those type of people. 

You are. But that’s when you know you have win the debate. It’s in the same camp as “You are in denial” and “Your not listening to me”

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, oldcpu said:

That's hilarious, given it was the data you were referring to in terms of your thread assessment, claiming you had 'read the full thread'.  

No oldcpu, the hilarious thing is that I come on to this “pro-vax think tank thread” and speak up for someone who I disagree with and get piled on regardless. Or maybe it’s not hilarious, it’s sad. 

I’m not for the vaccine, but I’m interested in what you guys have to say. That’s why I read this. (Should I not?) And @Bob20seemed to make sense within your argument. That’s all. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bob20 said:

Wow, I've been on this forum only 3 weeks ☺️ That doesn't say much for the rest of the team 😔

But seriously, I'm only on the side of getting out of this pandemic in the safest way and not by trial and error that ruins people's lives with sickness and death. People can live another few weeks or months as they have done over the last 18 months, if it means no loved ones die unnecessary.

We know, for now, vaccination is the only way. And you do that before you ease restrictions that will allow the virus to spread again. That was the promise for Phuket as well and it didn't happen. I am not convinced it is happening for the next "experiments" either and I understand that people here are very worried.

I admire your tenacity here @Bob20  some people think that because multiple sources report the same data coming out of Thai central government, that it constitutes several independent and verifiable sources of data. I read reports in U.K. and EU news daily about Thailand opening up. You can see it’s just quotes from the Thai government or TAT that fill column inches. It’s not true or even close to true. However it looks like multiple independent sources.
Wasting your time I think. Best thing is to sit back and wait. See where we are with vaccination in 3 months time and how this relates  to reality on the ground 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Soidog said:

I admire your tenacity here @Bob20  some people think that because multiple sources report the same data coming out of Thai central government, that it constitutes several independent and verifiable sources of data. I read reports in U.K. and EU news daily about Thailand opening up. You can see it’s just quotes from the Thai government or TAT that fill column inches. It’s not true or even close to true. However it looks like multiple independent sources.
Wasting your time I think. Best thing is to sit back and wait. See where we are with vaccination in 3 months time and how this relates  to reality on the ground 

You're probably right. Only problem with that is that we'll be measuring it from the statistics when for some it's too late.

I'm worried about repetition of the sandbox experiment in the areas with low vaccination figures and small vaccine supplies. Knowing what we know, after people have sacrificed not only by imposed restrictions, but also by self-control, you can just see it all go to sh*t with some stupid decisions and empty rhetoric. Instead, proper preparation should be done, especially as some here claim that vaccines are plenty, but for some reason they're clearly not administered on time for the plans to work.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, yselmike said:

I'm only passing on what I hear and read.The message coming out is that the NHS and the experts are getting very nervous as winter approaches.I am not comparing the UK to Thailand in any way,it's just about being able to travel to and from both countries.I think it's going to get worse before it gets better this coming winter.I would be happy to be proved wrong and be able to visit in February.

Yes I’m sure the number of cases will rise as the U.K. enters Autumn and Winter. Cases of course are less of an issue; although it can impact on productivity and availability of things like transportation etc. If the U.K. can get more 16-24 year old vaccinated in the next 6 weeks, then it’s likely they can maintain 20,000-30,000 cases a day and deaths will still fall due to younger age groups becoming the main source of new cases and booster jabs administered for the more vulnerable. Of course almost anything could happen with a new variant etc. If things did start to climb beyond 50,000 and deaths hitting 200-300 a day, then we can expect some restrictions to be reimposed. 

Im hoping and praying this all somehow goes away. Thailand is taken off the U.K. red list. Entry requirements in to Thailand become more rational, and like you, I can return? 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Soidog said:

I only respond to people who are prepared to make their own opinions known, ... 

What part of my opinion would you like me to make clearer? 😂 😹 😂

Seek and you shall find. Sinovac deliveries (11m) until 2 July. I'll find the rest too at some stage. Plus 1.5m Pfizer and plus AZ, I still think 39m is overly optimistic to already have found its way into arms.

Screenshot 2021-09-12 at 23.16.49.png

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Bob20 said:

Continuing to quote the numbers of visitors and the associated money is irrelevant too. Because no such numbers will come and no such money will be received.

Shhhhh!!!..... This is the part you're not supposed to say out loud...

• Haha 1